joel_walks

May 3, 2005
Visit site
✟222.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I decided I come and visit this site (which I love by the way), but before I could on my home page (msn.com) there was a poll which asked:

"Are churches right to say 'Jesus loves Osama'?"

This surprised me. I voted in, just to see what the others had said, and what was more surprising was the amount of people saying no, the churches have no right.
I strongly disagree with this,

Firstly, The churches have the right to say what they want.
But secondly, When jesus came to earth, he didn't say
"The lord your God love you all....except those who plan acts of terror"
When I heard about the September 11 bombings on the two towers i was devistated. We may not understand it, but what ever you do, when ever you do, Jesus told us that he will always love us, always.

I know this is one of those posts that is kinda hard to reply to, but any comment is most welcome, I'm very interested in what you have to say.:)

Harlan Norris

Jun 20, 2005
Aurora Co
✟10,455.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I decided I come and visit this site (which I love by the way), but before I could on my home page (msn.com) there was a poll which asked:

"Are churches right to say 'Jesus loves Osama'?"

This surprised me. I voted in, just to see what the others had said, and what was more surprising was the amount of people saying no, the churches have no right.
I strongly disagree with this,

Firstly, The churches have the right to say what they want.
But secondly, When jesus came to earth, he didn't say
"The lord your God love you all....except those who plan acts of terror"
When I heard about the September 11 bombings on the two towers i was devistated. We may not understand it, but what ever you do, when ever you do, Jesus told us that he will always love us, always.

I know this is one of those posts that is kinda hard to reply to, but any comment is most welcome, I'm very interested in what you have to say.:)
There is the Gospel,that says love your neighbor as yourself.Love your enemy.Then there is the doctrin of men that says you only have to love your neighbor if he behaves himself,and you are a fool for loving your enemy.The purpose of our faith is to get to heaven.It has nothing to do with politics or worldly events.We follow the gospel because we believe that without it we will not enter heaven.This is where faith comes in.It's about denying what we see with our eyes and believing the gospel in our heart.There is a test comming that only the faithful can pass.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.