✟476,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
everything affects karma
I can't choose to stop knowing that all those characters are dead just because you say it's bad karma. I'm trying to warn you to get your shifting under control so that you stop killing people.

especially if you're speaking to me
What's special about you?

Upvote 0

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
What choice could possibly result in a continent being moved thousands of kilometers?
And here's another of these things (or still the same?) that amaze me... the self-centeredness and ignorance of the real world that this position demonstrates. And the inability to think beyond the limits of your own ideas.

Now people like JE love to accuse their opponents of that... being short-sighted, unable to see the "truth" in their ideas... but that's not quite correct.
Usually, we don't have any problems to consider their ideas... but where they stop and go "Wow!" about the amazing amazingness of their vision... we only start to ask questions. "So, how would that work? What would come from that? How does that fit together?"

They don't. They can't. Because even trying to do so would show the giant holes in their fantasies.

So, South America is not were is was in "their" world... it's thousands of kilometers away.
Easy to claim. Even still easy to imagine.
Now let's twist that a little.
I "reliably remember" Germany being much further south than it is "now". Only Germany. The rest of Europe is fine.
But wait! In that case... then what was in the place that Germany is now? What was south of Denmark, east of France, west of Poland... if Germany was in a different place? What happened to the land that is now where Germany was?
How the heck did all of that fit together?

It's easy to see the problems. It's easy to see the all the things, all the connections that would have to change in such a situation.

South America? New Zealand? Well... there is no such problem with that, is there? There's nothing around it, is there? It's just water. It was just water then, and it is just water now. Nothing has changed, right?

Wrong. It changes everything. It changes ocean currents. Ecosystems. Weather patterns. Global climate.
The world had been different. The continents had been in a different place, in different relative positions. We don't "remember" that... we interfere that, from studies and observations.
And from that, and from a lot of other things that require real study, real effort, real knowledge, we can see what kind of change this would pose on our planet.

But it's so much more easy to blame the universe on any misconception you might have about anything, and then rant about karma when someone dares to contradict you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,097.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Worf wasn't dying… he was shifting

reality was altered, from his perspective only

Since you seem so intent on using Star Trek as an argument, let me point you to "The Mind's Eye," episode 24 of Season 4 on TNG. In it, Geordi is abducted by Romulans while heading for a holiday on Risa, and brainwashed to assassinate a Klingon governor in a plot by the Romulans to drive the Federation and the Klingons apart. Geordi is brainwashed, but he has memories of being on Risa, even though he was never there. So there's an example from Star Trek of how your memories can be wrong.

Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,226,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
ADMIN HAT ON
241636_9f4a3046555e3431f8a087b68dbce899_thumb.jpg

ADMIN HAT OFF

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.