Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married

you mean to say we disagree

No, I mean you are being dishonest. You have been given multiple examples of your dishonesty.

accusing me of dishonesty is not the kind of karma you want
There is no bad karma from the truth. Dishonesty will be bringing bad karma your way - that's why I have been warning you to deal with your kleshas.

Upvote 0

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
For a self-proclaimed buddhist you seem remarkably unconcerned about your karma and kleshas.
I'm not that knowledgable about the buddhist approach to this concept... but it seems to me to be all about selfishness.
This whole "effect" thing is about selfishness.... "I" perceive something, therefore it must be true, even if the rest of the universe disagrees. "I" shifted realities, escaped a deadly situation, had to suffer because of my views... all the others, the people who have to deal with me, or even my "other self"... they don't really count.

There is a (not precise) quote somewhere in the thread when JE said something about the consequences of these "shifts": "My life isn't affected".

That's the gist of all of it.
The moon behaving different? Why should I be bothered? It's only some image in the sky; it doesn't affect me.
San Diego being in a different place? What does that has to do with me? I've never been to San Diego, and I wouldn't know the Bretagne from Brittney Spears if my life depended on it.
South African history being completely different if Mandela had died in the 80's. Yeah, so what? I'm not South African.

Ignorant, arrogant and selfish.

I don't want to sound like a disgruntled old man... but I have a feeling it's a problem with (some parts of) modern culture.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.