• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

The Demise of Evolution

Discussion in 'Creation & Evolution' started by lasthero, Dec 15, 2019.

1. OldWiseGuy

OldWiseGuy Wake me when it's soup. Supporter

+7,758
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    They exist, therefore they were planned and designed.

2. OldWiseGuy

+7,758
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    His answer was too cute by half.

3. pitabread

pitabread Well-Known Member

+8,350
    Canada
    Agnostic
    Private
    Just pointing out facts about your beliefs based on the information you've given us.

4. Speedwell

Speedwell Well-Known Member

+12,274
    United States
    Other Religion
    Married
    And so with God's living creatures--they were planned and designed to be produced by evolution.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. OldWiseGuy

+7,758
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    Have you read any anatomy books? What did you come away with?

6. Speedwell

+12,274
    United States
    Other Religion
    Married
    So why was my post funny?

7. Warden_of_the_Storm

Warden_of_the_Storm Well-Known Member

+3,712
    United Kingdom
    Deist
    Single
    That's not an answer. That's just a statement. How and why were rocks planned and designed?

While yours are generally just flippant, annoying and often times rude.

8. OldWiseGuy

+7,758
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    Didn't you intend it to be funny?

9. OldWiseGuy

+7,758
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    That's the only way they can come into existence.

Sometimes that's the only response I can offer. Behind every statement, whether mine or yours, lies a body of beliefs or knowledge that is often subtly implied.

I simply state what I believe. You and others try to draw me into your wheelhouse by insisting that I prove what I believe scientifically. If I don't, you assert that I don't actually believe what I say I believe. Don't you see the problem here?

10. Warden_of_the_Storm

+3,712
    United Kingdom
    Deist
    Single
    You keep saying that, except you provide nothing to back it up.

Now who's trying to psychoanalyze things?

11. Speedwell

+12,274
    United States
    Other Religion
    Married
    No, it reflects my sincere belief and that of a majority of Christians worldwide.

12. OldWiseGuy

+7,758
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    I thought that was a foregone conclusion.

Are you saying that you don't have a large body of knowledge or beliefs at the ready?

13. Warden_of_the_Storm

+3,712
    United Kingdom
    Deist
    Single
    Again, just because you say it is, doesn't mean it is. You can't just say design and not

Even if I did, how is it a bad thing?

14. OldWiseGuy

+7,758
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    It's not, and it doesn't require psychoanalysis.

15. pitabread

pitabread Well-Known Member

+8,350
    Canada
    Agnostic
    Private
    I've studied anatomy books, but for a completely different purpose. My reason to look at them was to study the human form to learn how to draw it.

For my broader study of biology, which has included look at some anatomical diagrams, my conclusion is that life appears to have evolved from a common ancestor.

This is especially the case given that the things a designer could have done, they didn't. For example, peppering nature with blatant chimeric organisms or creating completely novel organisms with wholly novel genetic makeups.

But they didn't do any of that and consequently life doesn't bear any hallmarks of design.

Admittedly it took awhile to develop a conceptual understanding of how something that appears so complicated on the surface could be the product of evolutionary processes. But I also have a background in programming and understanding recursive processes helped a lot with this. I view evolution as a fundamentally recursive process.

Conceptually understanding how simple, recursive processes can produce such wonderfully elegant complexity is, imho, a key to understand the evolution of life on Earth.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  16. Warden_of_the_Storm

+3,712
    United Kingdom
    Deist
    Single
    Then why treat it like it's a negative? So many of your posts where you talk about knowledge, you seem to go out of your way to say that learning anything is a negative.

17. OldWiseGuy

+7,758
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    Not at all. I do chafe when my considered conclusions are deemed ignorance because others don't agree with them. That said I do admit to being an outlier in many areas.

18. Warden_of_the_Storm

+3,712
    United Kingdom
    Deist
    Single
    When your 'considered conclusions' go against all scientific logic, don't expect anyone with even a basic knowledge of science to take them seriously.
    I will admit that you might be a bit hard on yourself to consider yourself an outlier. Really, there's a fair few people on this forum with much stranger views than yours.

19. JackRT

JackRT OOPS!!! Supporter

+14,272
    Canada
    Christian
    Married
    Poor design is also obvious --- do you really want to go there?

20. OldWiseGuy

+7,758
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    My outlier status is based on the good fortune I enjoy in areas of life that most do not, and includes a way of thinking that produces those results.