Los Angeles
✟13,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
You do know that a judge in Florida has said basically that your personal choice stops where another person's health begins? Two examples of that are you have the right to drink and get drunk, but it is illegal to drive while drunk. You also have the right to free speech, but it is illegal to yell fire in a crowded theatre if no such fire exists.

Now, this is in regards to mask mandates, but the constitution does not say that your personal rights can infringe on another person's health.

I'd prefer living in a blue state, better than living in Florida where the numbers have increased and there were hundreds of people dying as of late.
You do not have the right to tell another person what they can or can’t stick in their body like a vaccine and forcing people to wear a mask when there’s no observable evidence that people who have been vaccinated need them is garbage.

The only reason they force everyone to wear a mask is because they don’t want people who are unvaccinated not wearing them. That’s the whole reason. And it’s wrong. You don’t punish one group because of the actions of another. If the goal was to get more people to get vaccinated how about give them incentive to get vaccinated by giving them a vaccine card or they don’t have to wear a mask.

This is not a communist country where the state and the government dictates your every move and action.

What’s next you’re going to dictate that overweight people cannot longer eat sugar or bread because it’s in their best interest not to? Are you going to start dictating people have to be in bed by 11 o’clock because it’s in the healths best interest?

The judge ruling is garbage. If these people care about their health they will vaccinated. You’re telling me wearing a mask impinges on their health when they won’t even get a vaccine? The only thing hurting their health is not being vaccinated and forcing me to wear a mask because of their poor choices is wrong. End of discussion.

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
End of discussion.

Okay, good because your whole post is wrong.

I suggest you listen to all two hours of the judge speaking, if you choose to hear his reasoning, as it is solid and he did his research completely. You will hear why he makes the ruling that he does and yes, when in the middle of a pandemic, personal rights end essentially where someone who is not you has the right to live without you causing them harm.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I’m in Los Angeles county and the mask mandate has been almost continuous for over a year and a half even though we have one of the highest vaccination rates in the US. At some point you have to say enough is enough. You can’t continue to punish people who have done as they were requested and I’ve gotten vaccinated by forcing this mass policy which there is a significant amount of debate about whether it really helps.

LA County has one of the longest mask mandates yet we have one of the highest Covid case totals in the US. Obviously it should be one of the lowest if masks work.

They started this mask policy stating that it would be for a few months. Now it looks like it will be more than two years. At some point I think the citizens need to step up and demand different governments. Governors in a recall election as would be expected with this unpopular policy.
23 new cases / 100,000 is actually pretty moderate currently. It's lower than the average for California (35) and US (48). South Carolina is highest, at 106.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
The only reason they force everyone to wear a mask is because they don’t want people who are unvaccinated not wearing them. That’s the whole reason
Actually it's not. Before Delta hit in the summer, it might actually have been that way. But at this point while vaccines are a big help, if not paired with some other precautions, there can still be significant numbers of cases. Not as many as without vaccines, and not as much hospitalization, but still enough to be a problem.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jeff11

Feb 17, 2019
Los Angeles
✟13,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Actually it's not. Vaccines aren't perfect, as Florida is discovering. They are a big help, but if not paired with some other precautions, there can still be significant numbers of cases. Not as many as without vaccines, and not as much hospitalization, but still enough to be a problem.
So when you go to the doctors office do you wear a mask because someone might have Not got the vaccine for measles or the or chickenpox? Of course you don’t. The masks don’t even work. If The masks work thenCalifornia who has had the longest mask mandate would not have one of the highest case rate in the country. that alone should tell a sensible person that they don’t work.

Upvote 0

Jeff11

Feb 17, 2019
Los Angeles
✟13,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Okay, good because your whole post is wrong.

I suggest you listen to all two hours of the judge speaking, if you choose to hear his reasoning, as it is solid and he did his research completely. You will hear why he makes the ruling that he does and yes, when in the middle of a pandemic, personal rights end essentially where someone who is not you has the right to live without you causing them harm.
No you’re wrong. And anyone who thinks a judge knows more than say a medical doctor for example my doctor I can’t really help you. I’ve lost count of another of the number of doctors who came out and said that natural immunity is superior to the vaccine and that the main cause of this pandemic is the metabolic health of the citizens or the poor metabolic health. The case is required hospitalizations are directly linked to heart disease diabetes metabolic health. But you’ll never hear that discussed by the government

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
So when you go to the doctors office do you wear a mask because someone might have Not got the vaccine for measles or the or chickenpox? Of course you don’t. The masks don’t even work. If The masks work thenCalifornia who has had the longest mask mandate would not have one of the highest case rate in the country. that alone should tell a sensible person that they don’t work.
LA is in comparatively good shape. My impression from the news is that not all of CA actually follows the rules. Even so, CA is 35 new cases / 100,000, while the problem states in the South are around 100.

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
No you’re wrong. And anyone who thinks a judge knows more than say a medical doctor for example my doctor I can’t really help you.

Whatever you need to say to help yourself sleep at night.

As I said, the judge did his homework. He researched and listened to the doctors on both sides during the hearing.

Upvote 0

Jeff11

Feb 17, 2019
Los Angeles
✟13,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Actually it's not. Before Delta hit in the summer, it might actually have been that way. But at this point while vaccines are a big help, if not paired with some other precautions, there can still be significant numbers of cases. Not as many as without vaccines, and not as much hospitalization, but still enough to be a problem.
California has the highest number of Covid cases in the United States. I don’t know where you’re getting your numbers from the car Culkin very well even though we’ve had a continuous mask mandate a problem last year or year and a half. Somethings Gotta give. People have to be able to support themselves pandemic or not you have a solution to the problem if you don’t get vaccinated did you get no one else to blame but yourself yourself

Upvote 0

Jeff11

Feb 17, 2019
Los Angeles
✟13,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Whatever you need to say to help yourself sleep at night.

As I said, the judge did his homework. He researched and listened to the doctors on both sides during the hearing.
I’ve never met a judge his opinion on medical matter I would trust more then doctors the doctors

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
I’ve never met a judge his opinion on medical matter I would trust more then doctors the doctors

Than you are doing yourself a disservice.

If a judge does his homework like this judge has, and you would know that if you listened to him, you would realize that this judge knows of what he speaks in regards to the law and how it is applied or not applied during a pandemic.

Upvote 0

Jeff11

Feb 17, 2019
Los Angeles
✟13,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
LA is in comparatively good shape. My impression from the news is that not all of CA actually follows the rules. Even so, CA is 35 new cases / 100,000, while the problem states in the South are around 100.
Than you are doing yourself a disservice.

If a judge does his homework like this judge has, and you would know that if you listened to him, you would realize that this judge knows of what he speaks in regards to the law and how it is applied or not applied during a pandemic.
A judge does not establish health policy for a state. Governor is responsible for establishing policy and the people aren’t happy with him then I can elect someone else. Judges did not have that authority authority

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
A judge does not establish health policy for a state. Governor is responsible for establishing policy and the people aren’t happy with him then I can elect someone else. Judges did not have that authority authority

Actually, judges have more authority when the governor oversteps like in the case of Desantis.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
California has the highest number of Covid cases in the United States. I don’t know where you’re getting your numbers from the car Culkin very well even though we’ve had a continuous mask mandate a problem last year or year and a half. Somethings Gotta give. People have to be able to support themselves pandemic or not you have a solution to the problem if you don’t get vaccinated did you get no one else to blame but yourself yourself
I’m looking at current numbers per capita. NY Times and Covidactnow agree.
Looking at worldometers.info, CA has the absolute highest for the whole epidemic, but not per capita, which is presumably what you want to look at. In per capita over the whole period they are 35th. CA is a big place. The numbers I quoted before were per capita for current new cases. That’s probably what you want to assess current policies. CA is 36th in that. Who is claiming they are the highest in the US?

NY Times has some nifty maps by county. California Coronavirus Map and Case Count It looks like your highest vaccination rates are on the coast, and that’s where the lowest infection rates are. They don’t show rate of mask wearing, because that’s hard to get, but I’d be willing to bet that it goes along with vaccination. Covidactnow has the same map of vaccination rate by county, and it looks the same they don’t have the map of cases per county, so it would take more time to make that comparison.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jeff11

Feb 17, 2019
Los Angeles
✟13,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Looking at worldometers.info, CA has the absolute highest for the whole epidemic, but not per capita, which is presumably what you want to look at. In per capita over the whole period they are 35th. CA is a big place. The numbers I quoted before were per capita for current new cases. That’s probably what you want to assess current policies. CA is 36th in that. Who is claiming they are the highest in the US?

NY Times has some nifty maps by county. California Coronavirus Map and Case Count It looks like your highest vaccination rates are on the coast, and that’s where the lowest infection rates are. They don’t show rate of mask wearing, because that’s hard to get, but I’d be willing to bet that it goes along with vaccination. Covidactnow has the same map of vaccination rate by county, and it looks the same they don’t have the map of cases per county, so it would take more time to make that comparison.
For the state which has had the longest mask mandate the numbers should be the lowest in the country. They’re nowhere near that. Masks don’t work.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I have never heard a minister speak on the subject of gluttony. Even though it’s mentioned as a primary sin, On the same level as theft or adultery or murder etc.

I have seen very few cases of a person with a normal body weight with complications from coronavirus. Almost everyone that I’ve seen photos of in the hospital were significantly overweight.

It’s interesting the liberal mantra of my body my choice. But it’s not our choice when it comes to whether or not we were a mask or get a vaccine according to the liberal Democrats.

The underlying issue that never gets touched though is the fact that people no longer trust the information I get from the media. This is one of the primary reasons people are not getting vaccinated. They don’t trust information being provided by the media because the media has repeatedly displayed a bias and a penchant for not being forthcoming with the truth.
I support your comment that those with obesity are at higher risks of complications after contracting Covid-19. Your view is actually fact.

Obesity is very much associated with socioeconomic status (in developed countries - the reverse is true in developing nations), education level, and demographics. I wanted to correct you on your view that it's a democrat issue perpetuating the rise in obesity. If you look at your nation's stats you'll find that it crosses party lines.

I also want to correct you that the media is to blame. You have to remember that it was your previous president who directly supplied misinformation - First telling your nation that it wasn't a concern - then giving remedial advice that included hydroxychloroquine (Dangerous advice due to its proven side effects and ZERO efficacy against COVID), then he advised to swallow/inject disinfectant. He was very staunchly anti-mask.
I say all this, not to promote democrats as I couldn't care less who you voted into power, but rather to simply correct parts of your comment I find not factual, and to support parts of your comment that are.

Upvote 0

Jeff11

Feb 17, 2019
Los Angeles
✟13,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced

I live in Los Angeles county and you cannot go anywhere without a mask. Furthermore for most of the year restaurants gyms etc. were closed. Living here has been a nightmare during this time as there’s absolutely no end in sight. Apparently punishing everyone for quite a minority of people do I’m not getting vaccinated it is expected to be the norm.

It reminds me of the Of the patriot act which was passed after 911 and we were told it would only be temporary and we will get our rights back. it never happened. When the pandemic is over all this lost freedom would just be permanently gone.

Expect forced vaccinations, forced medical treatment, forced examinations and testing, and then one day maybe people will start to wake up and ask what happened to our freedom?

Upvote 0

Jeff11

Feb 17, 2019
Los Angeles
✟13,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I support your comment that those with obesity are at higher risks of complications after contracting Covid-19. Your view is actually fact.

Obesity is very much associated with socioeconomic status (in developed countries - the reverse is true in developing nations), education level, and demographics. I wanted to correct you on your view that it's a democrat issue perpetuating the rise in obesity. If you look at your nation's stats you'll find that it crosses party lines.

I also want to correct you that the media is to blame. You have to remember that it was your previous president who directly supplied misinformation - First telling your nation that it wasn't a concern - then giving remedial advice that included hydroxychloroquine (Dangerous advice due to its proven side effects and ZERO efficacy against COVID), then he advised to swallow/inject disinfectant. He was very staunchly anti-mask.
I say all this, not to promote democrats as I couldn't care less who you voted into power, but rather to simply correct parts of your comment I find not factual, and to support parts of your comment that are.
Nowhere did I state that obesity was a democratic issue. I stated that forcing people to wear masks and forcing people to get vaccinations is being pushed more by democrats. The government which this state is run by the Democrats in both Congress and the White House, refused to acknowledge the fact that the people getting sick or people who have very poor metabolic health. Diabetes heart disease etc. which why would you then close down gyms for over a year knowing that? And I don’t think people realize how restrictive life is here in a blue state. No going to Gyms, No eating indoors, now going to bars, movies theaters. Literally not able to enter anywhere without a mascon. And this has been for a year and a half. You think you’d be better off in a blue state if not be able to go and do anything is your idea of being better off than yeah maybe. The recall of the governor in California is a direct result of these type of draconian measures.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
For the state which has had the longest mask mandate the numbers should be the lowest in the country. They’re nowhere near that. Masks don’t work.
Its a dangerous issue to tell all health workers that when conducting surgery on your hip, don't bother wearing a mask. Feel free to cough and breath over you during your operation because - as you state categorically, they don't work.

Your advice is far from being factual. Since the advent of wearing masks, the transmission of droplet and airborne antigens has dropped significantly. It is the mainstay of prevention in hospitals, along with handwashing. What's true in hospitals is also true at community level. The efficacy of masks has been studied for well over fifty years and there is an abundance of solid research articles should you care to search them out.

The evidence you provide of infection rates, does not mention all the factors that are involved in viral transmission including compliance, handwashing, population and housing density, and quality of mask.

Upvote 0