San Francisco Bay Area
✟65,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I just thought that I would like to share this information.My pastor will give a talk,in my Sunday School Class,this coming Sunday,March15,2020,about the Corona Virus. This is a copy of my e-mail to him.
As a Clinical( Medical ) Laboratory Scientist for 43 years,the topic, on March 15.2020 ,caught my eye. I do know more about human viruses than the average person. In Zoology ,at San Francisco State University,I learned that every organism ,plant,animal, and bacterium, on Earth, has a virus.

Human viruses causes diseases such as smallpox, hepatitis, HIV, rabies, and now Corona. My question was, why did GOD create something that would harm us? But, there are "good viruses",also.I hope that this information would help alleviate some fears. You may use this information if you wish.
Your brother in Christ,
virus1 001.jpg virus1 001.jpg virus2 001.jpg

Attachments

• virus3 001.jpg
    virus3 001.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 4
  • virus4 001.jpg
    virus4 001.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 1
Jun 18, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
✟65,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I think He had allowed that virus nowadays it is because people are we are sinning and sinning without even repenting.

The impact of this corona are: sickness, people of being jobless and then famine or hunger
You may be right.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Maybe they have a good place in the environment but just cause illness when introduced to the wrong environment or host. Add in mutations of viruses which might be different than their intended place in the world...hence they cause viral diseases in different populations.

Just a guess on my part. God did design our bodies to develop various levels of immunity to various viruses after being exposed. I am so much healthier now. I was frequently sick my first year of nursing. Now I almost never get sick. I personally would like to get this corona virus exposure over so I can gain some immunity. I wonder if we have some level of immunity to this coronavirus if we have had exposure to other coronaviruses? That will be interesting to see.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,056.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
According to Agent Smith, we are the virus of this planet.

"You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You're a plague and we are the cure."

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
Life is problem solving, and problem solving is life. The calmer we can remain in a crisis the better we'll adapt and move forward. That's the basis of humanity.

This isn't even a crisis anyway - people are just being silly for no reason. I'm willing to bet that more people died from the common cold today.

Sorry to trivialise it, but...

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Life is problem solving, and problem solving is life. The calmer we can remain in a crisis the better we'll adapt and move forward. That's the basis of humanity.

This isn't even a crisis anyway - people are just being silly for no reason. I'm willing to bet that more people died from the common cold today.

Sorry to trivialise it, but...
But Trump gave us a message at his desk from the oval office. It has to be more serious than people let on.

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
But Trump gave us a message at his desk from the oval office. It has to be more serious than people let on.

Lol.

Seriously though, Churchill will be turning in his grave. We didn't fight two world wars to end up like this. The only thing this virus is a reflection of is how much of a snowflake society we've really become.

If we can't calmly move on from this, then maybe it's time to switch the internet off and spend our time developing some basic survival instincts. I hate to think what a REAL catastrophe would look like.

Obviously, it's sad to see people dying from something like this, but colds, viruses and flus have always been doing it. It's nothing new.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: blackribbon
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ReesePiece23

Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
More worried about being really sick than dying. Although cannot say I've ever had the flu before. A mild cold.. but that's about it.

400mg of Ibuprofen - taken every four hours, has got me through more than less everything. I've never taken a day off sick, even with broken bones, the flu, gastroenteritis, or other - more self induced issues (hangovers, etc.)

I'm not a doctor, but you can't argue with the results. Ibuprofen is king - very hard to get in the US though from what I remember. I walked the length and breath of Chicago looking for it. Kaolin and morphine mixture is virtually non-existent, not sure why. (And ID for cough syrup?)

Weird. I don't usually take out travel insurance, but I do when I cross the pond. Lol.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
400mg of Ibuprofen - taken every four hours, has got me through more than less everything. I've never taken a day off sick, even with broken bones, the flu, gastroenteritis, or other - more self induced issues (hangovers, etc.)

I'm not a doctor, but you can't argue with the results. Ibuprofen is king - very hard to get in the US though from what I remember. I walked the length and breath of Chicago looking for it. Kaolin and morphine mixture is virtually non-existent, not sure why. (And ID for cough syrup?)

Weird. I don't usually take out travel insurance, but I do when I cross the pond. Lol.

Hmm.. I never use any medications.. even aspirin. Might have to try some if I get the coronavirus. I am curious to see if they work.

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
Hmm.. I never use any medications.. even aspirin. Might have to try some if I get the coronavirus. I am curious to see if they work.

I used to be against them too, until I used ibuprofen a few years ago to cure a headache. It's so cheap and so effective it seems crazy to not use it.

Again, I'm not a doctor, but as a fit young man, I'm sure you'll manage it with a good anti inflammatory. It's only what a doctor would say anyway to be fair (my mother's a nurse.)

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I used to be against them too, until I used ibuprofen a few years ago to cure a headache. It's so cheap and so effective it seems crazy to not use it.

Again, I'm not a doctor, but as a fit young man, I'm sure you'll manage it with a good anti inflammatory. It's only what a doctor would say anyway to be fair (my mother's a nurse.)

I'll have to try ibuprofen the next time I suffer through a hangover.

I just have the belief that the less you use medications that stronger your immune system will be. I grew up with a lot of wilderness around me and would play in the dirt all the time. The only thing I really suffered through was seasonal allergies but I refused to take any type of medication and slowly through the years my body stopped having any type of seasonal allergic reactions.

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
I'll have to try ibuprofen the next time I suffer through a hangover.

I just have the belief that the less you use medications that stronger your immune system will be. I grew up with a lot of wilderness around me and would play in the dirt all the time. The only thing I really suffered through was seasonal allergies but I refused to take any type of medication and slowly through the years my body stopped having any type of seasonal allergic reactions.

I'd say that's definitely the case with antibiotics - I'm extremely reluctant to take them for that reason. Ibuprofen just blocks prostaglandins (so that you don't feel pain.) It doesn't have much to do with the immune system (don't quote me though, I'm tempted to fact check that.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'd say that's definitely the case with antibiotics - I'm extremely reluctant to take them for that reason. Ibuprofen just blocks prostaglandins (so that you don't feel pain.) It doesn't have much to do with the immune system (don't quote me though, I'm tempted to fact check that.)

That's good.. I'll have to try them out.. I'm mostly curious if they will work or not.

I am getting at an age where I am more and more tempted to try medication.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status

Tylenol works better on fever for most people, though ibuprofen works too. This virus appears to primarily be a high fever for a day or so and fatigue as your body gets over it. For people with immune issues, it can develop into pneumonia which is why people are hospitalized for assistance with breathing.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status

Antibiotics don't work on viruses. It is a waste to take them if you don't have a diagnosed bacterial infection. The wrong antibiotic won't work which is part of why you don't save them even if you don't use them. Antibiotics are necessary when the immune system fails or needs some help killing a bacterial infection.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status

Great...politicalize this...because a different President would have saved us all....just because he/she was a Democrat or "not Trump". This is useful.

The country is being hysterical and wants to be "saved" from this virus. His job is to act and I think he is responding appropriately based on the fears of the general population fed by a bored, uneducated media. I think the media should face trials after this is over related to basically crying "fire" in a crowded theatre".

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
My Covid19 survival kit. Gatorade, chicken noodle soup, saltines, tylenol, soda (because that is my comfort food), and a chicken that I am going to cook and freeze. The reason for these items is that people seem to wake up with a sudden fever (and I don't want to have to try to get the grocery store if I have a high fever)...and the cooked chicken is for the day after I start feeling better and want to eat real food but don't have a lot of energy to go get anything else.

If you do get the fever, go to bed and sleep as much as humanly possible. Use the tylenol to keep your fever from going too high (above 102) but let a low grade fever alone so it can kill off the virus. Stay hydrated (gatorade and chicken noodle soup). And unless you really develop difficulty breathing, stay home (if you can't breathe, go to the hospital). Most of us will sleep this bug off.

Reactions: ReesePiece23
Upvote 0