• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

The Coffee Shop (7)

Soulwings

A true original.
Apr 7, 2003
Northeastern USA.
✟25,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
* Soulwings gives Bec a reassuring hug - is studying going okay? - and thanks her for making bamboo muffins.

* Arnold is full of bamboo muffins and is once again sleeping behind the potted palm. :yawn:

Looks like I've a day of work ahead of me... feels so much later than ten minutes til ten o'clock in the morning... I've only been up since seven but I dozed for about forty minutes between eight twenty and nine... so freaking exhausted. I hate being so tired.

So yeah, work. Studying for finals, and finishing up a take-home essay final for my medical anth class. I really don't want to do it, but I've not really any choice, haha. And I really want to do well on it so I get an A in the class. *crosses fingers*

* Soulwings pours herself a mug of freshly brewed coffee, and snuggles up next to Arnold with some study material in hand.

Upvote 0

beckybooiloveu

Senior Veteran
Jan 12, 2006
Sunshine Coast
✟10,224.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
im not ready for this exam at all... lol. i just dont ahve enouh time to study because im working... oh well. i finished ready through my one hundred and nintey-five pages of notes that i typed up on my laptop for when the exam was meant to be... im jsut getting ready for work now

Upvote 0

Celtic Camel

Nov 28, 2004
wandering a journey in eternity
Visit site
✟16,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
thanks april :hug:
things are just really tough right now... every time i try to do something that should 'help' me, it seems everything gets worse...
just lost and don't know which way is up...and don't want to drag anyone down with me...
sorry....

*hides in corner... enjoys the company but hopes noone notices me here... always here in my heart*

Upvote 0

Soulwings

A true original.
Apr 7, 2003
Northeastern USA.
✟25,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Aww Lisa, beautiful, I wish I could help you more than I can. :( :hug::hug: You won't drag me down if you talk about what's been going on... and I think that all of us care enough about you to want to read what's been going on in your life. But - if you don't want to share any more details, that's fine too. :hug: I understand your feelings... but know that we are always here for you, okay, love? :hug:

Bec, I hope that you do okay on the exam... a hundred and ninety-five pages of notes?! :swoon: That would drive anyone insane. Best of luck, sweetie. :hug:

I just finished the first final of the week (only two left now...); I think that I did okay... not super good - there were some REALLY tough questions on it, about biochemical assessment (I am no good at that, at all, even though my dad is a biochemist).

I'm really tired today, got up at five fifteen as usual on a T/Th - exhausted really, dropped by my dad's office to say hey, sat down in a comfy chair, and fell asleep for about twenty minutes... and then I drove home (thankfully I wake up when I drive, otherwise I'd be in trouble :-S)... was going to sleep but couldn't, so I'm up and drinking coffee, trying to motivate myself to work on the take-home final - two essays, one is done, five pages long, and the next won't be bad; I've just got to sit down and write it. Thing is, right now my brain is all fuzzy. Maybe I will go see if I can seriously sleep... that would be a good thing and something my dad recommended.

:yawn:

:hug:s for all.

* Soulwings curls up on one of the sofas with a fleece blanket and a stuffed animal, and dozes off for awhile.

* Arnold prowls around... well, as much as a panda can prowl, that is. He is hungry again, and thinks that there are a few bamboo muffins left in the kitchen............ :yum:

Upvote 0

Soulwings

A true original.
Apr 7, 2003
Northeastern USA.
✟25,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yey for getting good sleep. Yesterday I curled up under my heavy warm fleece blanket for two hours, snuggling with a stuffed toy (no, I haven't grown up yet, why do you ask? ;)). It felt so good... so tired. I could have stayed there all afternoon, even if I didn't fall asleep, just because I was so freaking exhausted and kinda depressed.

I'm upset with myself right now... I just took the online portion of my psych exam (thirty points) and I missed six... getting an eighty-three overall, which means that I got a B-. That really sucks... I don't want to get a bad grade in this class, I really don't. I've been trying so so hard to do well, and the online open book portions always get me the worst... I don't know what to do. :(

But... I am listening to Pandora Radio, and that makes me happy. I just found out about it yesterday, and sadly it's only for US residents :( but it's pretty cool. I hope they open it up internationally sometime soon, because it's part of the "music genome project" and has loads and loads of different groups on it.

* Soulwings fixes herbal tea for anyone who wants some - raspberry coconut and ginger, both cold and hot - and snuggles up in a corner with a fun book to read for awhile.... :yawn:

Upvote 0

Soulwings

A true original.
Apr 7, 2003
Northeastern USA.
✟25,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
* Soulwings wonders if Katey would like something warm to drink on a chilly, snowy evening - maybe some of that low-cal hot chocolate, or some herbal tea to calm down?

* Arnold snuggles with Katey to try and make her feel better.

I'm done with uni for the term!! Woohoo!! Now I've got a month break and then back to the grind... this time with twenty-two hours of school-related stuff (not even counting extracurrics, just school, lab, and tutoring) instead of the sixteen that I had this term. I'm really worried about next semester... but hopefully it will go okay. Prayers about that would be appreciated... and I will try to take each day as it comes.

* Soulwings fixes herself an herbal unwind mug of tea and snuggles up in a beanbag with a fleece blanket and a book.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Soulwings

A true original.
Apr 7, 2003
Northeastern USA.
✟25,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
* Soulwings makes Katey some low-cal hot chocolate with some fat-free whipped topping and chocolate sprinkles on top... :yum: Enjoy!!! :hug:

How is everyone doing today??

I am okay... I guess. A little ick. More about that in the other thread.

We're going to get our Christmas tree today!! I think. So I'm excited about that, hehe. I love getting our tree (by "our" I mean the tree that's going to be at my parents' - Jarrod and I have no room for a tree at our apartment)... it's a family tradition. And there's actually snow this year. :)

Hope you all are okay. Anyone want anything to drink??

* Soulwings fixes herself a cranberry nut tea and snuggles up with The Devil Wears Prada to read for awhile before church...

* Arnold is asleep near Katey.......... :sleep:

Upvote 0

Soulwings

A true original.
Apr 7, 2003
Northeastern USA.
✟25,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bec :hug: How're you doing today? have you resat that exam yet? :hug:

I'm doing okay. Yesterday was a fun day... Jarrod and I had an "us-day" where we just went and did something fun and hung out together. It was the first one since we were married, so it was super special. We went up to the mall after having pie at a little restaurant in town near us, and did some shopping. I bought a few things, and it was a lot of fun. Just... never take a boy clothes shopping. Jarrod was less than enthusiastic and was as useful as a lump on a log when it came to choosing out what socks I should get (the only clothing thing to which I treated myself). Oh well. We also went to two bookstores. :)

Alright, gotta go. Breakfast time. Hope y'all are okay!! :hug:s

Upvote 0

beckybooiloveu

Senior Veteran
Jan 12, 2006
Sunshine Coast
✟10,224.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
im glad you had an awesome day with J.

Yes i have resat that exam. it was last week... it could have gone better. im just waiting for results to come out.

im exhausted. I have worked thirty-three hours in the last three days so im pretty tired. and today was my day off but i have been called into work today aswell!!! im just getting ready to go...

Upvote 0

Soulwings

A true original.
Apr 7, 2003
Northeastern USA.
✟25,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thirty-three hours? That's ridiculous!! I'm sorry :( :hug: I hope you manage to find some relaxing time in there... you need some time. Is there any way that you can call off a day for a vacation day or a sick day? because if you don't, I think that things will get even worse... you need some time to just chill and enjoy yourself without having to think about food or calories or work or exercise or being busy. :hug:

I'm glad that the exam is over. At least that relieves some stress, right? the stress of having to study really sucks. :hug:

I'm doing alright. Going to go to my parents' today and hang out with my sister and parents. Maybe decorate the tree and house for Christmas. It should be a lot of fun.

I also have my T appt at one today. Ick. I'm not looking forward to it too much, because I've not been doing well lately mood-wise. Eating has been going alright, but I've been "crashing" at nights again, and it's really hard to get through it all. I hate hate hate HATE being this way... have cried a bit lately, more than usual, and it sucks. I hate being me, and no one understands that. I also miss my family like crazy. :(

* Soulwings fixes herself a skinny vanilla nut latte, grabs a low-cal muffin for breakfast, and snuggles up in the window seat to watch the sun rise.

* Arnold is still sleeping... he finished off the bamboo muffins and is full and happy. :yum:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Soulwings

A true original.
Apr 7, 2003
Northeastern USA.
✟25,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
* Arnold nuzzles both Katey and Bec, and curls up around them to comfort them as best as a panda can.

* Soulwings fixes tea for everyone, since it seems like they all need it. :hug::hug:

How is everyone doing today??

It's really chilly here, windy and cold and icky... mind if we start a fire in the fireplace?? or should I just wrap up in lots and lots of fleece blankets??

Upvote 0

Soulwings

A true original.
Apr 7, 2003
Northeastern USA.
✟25,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sure, Katey... you can hide in here anytime you want to. :hug::hug:

It's almost the new year!! I can't believe it... that's crazy. This year's gone by so quickly... not sure if it was a good year or not... so much has happened, so much bad and so much good. I hope that oh nine holds more good than bad, because I think that this year the scale tips in favor of the bad, maybe sixty to forty or something like that, I don't know. Not by a lot, but still... it wasn't a great year.

How is everyone doing? can I get anyone anything to drink??

* Arnold is still asleep behind the potted palm... he had too much pumpkin pie yesterday and pumpkin pie makes him SUPER sleepy, so he's still dozing away over there...

* Soulwings fixes herself a mug of chai and snuggles up next to Arnold with a fleece blanket and a book, and waits for people to come in and relax with her and Katey.

Upvote 0