• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

The Coffee Shop (7)

Soulwings

A true original.
Apr 7, 2003
Northeastern USA.
✟25,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:hug: Bec. How are you doing, love? :hug: Finding any time to relax?

I'm really tired, and frustrated, and low. I am sick of everything right now, food included. Especially food. :cry:

I think I'll have a chai. I've already had a lot of coffee today. :sigh:

* Soulwings fixes a large chai and curls up to sleep for a little while, before doing some uni work.

* Arnold is asleep behind the potted palm.

Upvote 0

beckybooiloveu

Senior Veteran
Jan 12, 2006
Sunshine Coast
✟10,224.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
KATE!!! havent seen or spoken to you in ages!! how you going? u doing education now? *tries to remember where you are up to*

*hugs april and kate*

im sorry you are so sick of everything... i hope you start feeling a bit better soon. thinking of you and praying for you!

umm... no im not finding any time to relax. Actually my work hours have increased like crazy lol... im sooo unbelievably sore hehe... anyways... i need to get some sleep because it is one thirty am and i am working at the races (in the clubs corporate area) and then working a dinner shift back at the club tomorrow... whoot...

Upvote 0

Soulwings

A true original.
Apr 7, 2003
Northeastern USA.
✟25,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Denise :hug::hug: How are you doing? :hug:

Ari :hug: How are you, love? and could I have a peppermint chai??

This morning my husband and I (practicing saying that, hehe - so weird to call Jarrod my husband!! rather than fiancé) went Christmas shopping... I've gotten most all of my shopping done now. Got coffee and chocolate and tshirts and a cd for various people... I feel very accomplished and was a little on the high end of feelings this morning coming back from shopping (we went really early - seven forty five - beat the crowds, that's for sure!!), but I've leveled out now, which is good. Actually, I'm a little low... trying to avoid doing schoolwork, although I know I need to do some soon. :|

* Soulwings snuggles up in the window seat to doze for a little while.

* Arnold is still waiting for bamboo something-or-other, tea, muffins, pie, whatever - just something!! :( He's hungry....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Soulwings

A true original.
Apr 7, 2003
Northeastern USA.
✟25,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Denise, I love being married. It does have its hard spots, but so does every relationship in this life. (Even with God. Perhaps especially with God, since Satan tries his hardest to overrule all the good things that have been given us.) We've been married seven weeks as of yesterday - time has really flown. It's so much fun seeing Jarrod every day, being by his side at night, having him to comfort and support me through it all. It must be hard for him, especially lately since things have gotten harder again, but he is such a wonderful man. :blush:

:hug:

Bec, I've wished the same thing before, at times. A lot of times, actually!! Osmosis would be wonderful for some of my classes, if not all. It takes time to read and learn and remember; the remembering is the worst of it all!! It's so hard for me to retain information if I just read it once. I used to be good at that but I think my ED killed some of my brain cells, or something, or I'm just getting old, or I'm not focusing as much as I used to. (I have a feeling that the latter one is the most likely. :p)

I'm doing okay today. J&I are skipping church due to suboptimal weather, raining/sleeting and being very unpleasant altogether. I'm looking forward to school getting out - one week of classes left - only two classes of each class for me!! woohoo!! - and then a week of finals, and then I am DONE. ^_^ First semester of senior year under my belt. Hoorah. :)

:hug:s to all.

* Soulwings snuggles up with a fleece blanket and Arnold to read for a little while before starting her last paper for her medical anth class.

Upvote 0

Soulwings

A true original.
Apr 7, 2003
Northeastern USA.
✟25,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have a month break, then school starts back up again. But right now I'm just focused on getting to break... eep!! I have finals coming up and I really, really need to study for them. If I get an A on the last test in psych, then I will probably get an A in the course, but if not, well, I'm not sure. Really need to study for that, and for my other classes as well. I'm not going to be getting a four oh this term, though... blah. Probably going to be getting two B's :( :( :( 'cause I suck as a student.

Anyway.

I'm going to write that paper - the last one of the term!!!! - and then grab lunch and write up what I'm going to say tomorrow for my presentation on Jarrod (individual client case study for my nutrition counseling & ed class).

* Soulwings fixes herself a peppermint chai, sits down at one of the tables with a coffee shop laptop in front of her, and begins typing up a storm. One and a half pages down, three and a half pages left to go...... :|

* Arnold snuffles around Bec while she's sleeping... any bamboo anything??

Upvote 0

beckybooiloveu

Senior Veteran
Jan 12, 2006
Sunshine Coast
✟10,224.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
*bec wakes up and pulls some bamboo treats out of her bag for arnold*
no wonder he was snuffling around...

i need more sleep... lol... im so unbelievably exhausted. big day tomorrow at work... just got home from work bout half an hour ago (it is twelve thirty am here) and tomorrow/today im working from eight am till eleven pm!!! ahhh... im so dead lol...

on that note i need to go back to sleep...
*curls back up in the chair and puts the fan on her to cool herself down*

Upvote 0

Soulwings

A true original.
Apr 7, 2003
Northeastern USA.
✟25,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh, I keep forgetting it's summer down there!! So weird. It's winter up here and very chilly, in the thirties and forties are the high ('F). Umm, that would be negative one 'C to four and a half 'C. Brrr, that makes it sound even colder!! (from thirty 'F to forty 'F)

Keep yourself rested, Bec. You need the relaxation if you can. Working that late... wow. I don't think I could do it. I'm not a "night owl" - I do better earlier in the morning. I usually get up between five fifteen and six fifteen am... so yeah. Early bird. :p

Not much going on here today. Seeing my N (see other thread for more about that) then tutoring noon to two pm, then I'll be coming back to the apartment to work on the last paper of the semester, woohoo!! ^_^ Hehe. Hopefully I can get it done today... it's the worst paper I've done yet for that class (medical anth, paper number three) but at this point, I'm almost past caring. Only three more classes and then I am done done DONE!!!!! (and then finals, so ick... I foresee studying all weekend :|)

* Soulwings fixes herself a fat free, low calorie hot chocolate (the kind that still tastes decadent), and snuggles up in the window seat of the coffee shop, watching the sun rise.

* Arnold gobbles up the bamboo treats that Bec offers, and begs for more... muffins maybe? Bec and April could make them together, pleeeeease?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Celtic Camel

Nov 28, 2004
wandering a journey in eternity
Visit site
✟9,053.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
hello beautiful ones...
seems that while i've been trying to vanish from the world without signicant success, i've missed alot of important things in your lives...
April, congratulations precious!!! praying that you and Jarrod are cherishing every moment of your new lives together! (big hugs)
...everyone else, I will catch up on reading posts!!!
all my love, prayers and I miss you stax.

Reactions: Soulwings
Upvote 0

Soulwings

A true original.
Apr 7, 2003
Northeastern USA.
✟25,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bec, I'm here, wake up!! *shakes Bec's shoulder* I'm ready to make the muffins and Arnold is getting impatient, I think. Pandas shouldn't get impatient, but he's awfully hungry... I mean, even the bamboo furniture is gone!!

Lisa!! *glomp* So good to hear from you, even if your post was brief. I miss you and your updates, even if they aren't uplifting. I hope that things are going okay for you... and if not, I hope that they will become okay in the near future, if not now. I'll be praying for you.

Thanks for the congratulations, both Katey and Lisa. :) I love being married, despite its ups and downs. We've been married for eight weeks as of yesterday. (but who's counting? :p)

Katey, how are you doing??

Anyone do anything exciting over the weekend? I have finals coming up next week (T/Th) and I've really got to get to work studying for those. I stayed up past midnight the night before last because my mind just would not shut off, and it was so frustrating!! so I didn't get much work done yesterday at all. However, I did do some Christmas shopping with my parents, so it all evens out, right? :sorry:

But I slept well last night - thank God!!!, because I am horrible when I am lacking in sleep - and am feeling as though I can be more productive today.

* Soulwings fixes herself a peppermint chai and grabs a protein bar for breakfast, then snuggles up with Arnold on the fuzzy rug in front of the fireplace, where a small fire is burning - it's a chilly day, snowed last night - so warmth is good!!

Upvote 0