• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

The Coffee Shop (6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arianna

Senior Veteran
Nov 7, 2005
England
✟11,311.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's great Katey :) :clap:

:hug: Bec

bunnyhugff.gif
sorry Lindz, that must be really difficult :-(

Sorry everyone that I haven't been around recently ... just been a bit busy ... and uninspired about interesting things to write ..... i don't want to bore everyone!

/me sets out pretty mugs and coffee and tea :)

Upvote 0

MyaShane

CUBs fan til I die!
Feb 21, 2007
Illinois - home of the CUBs!
✟18,805.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
April - sorry that the nights are so bad. Is it where you are or what's going on? Be strong ok - I just know you'd feel worse if you gave in.

Bec - You, too! Take some time for yourself.

Lindz - That is certainly NOT too much to ask. That would drive me crazy, too. You have a lot to deal with without people in your face. It will get better!

What's going on Shaz?

Ari - you know we always love having you around. You are never boring and you make the best coffee! :)

I'm so glad you have support around you, Katey. That's SO important. Keep us updated, ok?

Upvote 0

shazabella

Senior Veteran
Mar 14, 2005
Australia
Visit site
✟13,487.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
April - sorry that the nights are so bad. Is it where you are or what's going on? Be strong ok - I just know you'd feel worse if you gave in.

Bec - You, too! Take some time for yourself.

Lindz - That is certainly NOT too much to ask. That would drive me crazy, too. You have a lot to deal with without people in your face. It will get better!

What's going on Shaz?

Ari - you know we always love having you around. You are never boring and you make the best coffee! :)

I'm so glad you have support around you, Katey. That's SO important. Keep us updated, ok?
I just had an awesome day - spent the day with Chadders drinking coffee and eating icecream and it was really special.

- Shaz

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

beckybooiloveu

Senior Veteran
Jan 12, 2006
Sunshine Coast
✟10,224.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
:cry: :cry: :cry:
i went to pick my mum up from work and then when we got home my little brother (sixteen yrs) was packing up his room...
he and my dad had a huge fight while I was gone and now my brother has moved out/run away... my mum ius bawling and my dad is still angry and im... i dont know... confused...
i dont want my brother to move out... and he shouldnt have to... i wouldnt be surprised if he started to spread rumours about my dad abusing him or something ...
my dad just told me that he ( my brother) also threatened to burn the house down... (i dont think he would do it... but still he scares me)

im so confused... and kinda worried about going back to college and leaving my mum and dad...
:cry: :cry:

Upvote 0

katey

Lifes tough
Jan 20, 2006
Blackpool, England
✟16,887.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
:hug: to everyone.

i've had a good day went to my old school to see one of my teacher to get a reference for a uni course i'm applying to. i was there for ages because i kept bumping into old teachers and they were all asking how i was doing. then i went out with my friend who i've not seen for a while and we went for a coffe at starbucks, and i had a cake and a hot chocolate!!!! was so pleased with myself well she was pleased with me lol!

hope everyones doing ok today.

katey snuggles up on a rather large beenbad by the window to relax after a long day

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Soulwings

A true original.
Apr 7, 2003
Northeastern USA.
✟25,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh Bec... :( I hope that things turn out okay with that... don't be worried about leaving your mum and dad, I'm pretty sure that they can take care of themselves okay, and that they wouldn't want you to be really worried for them. :hug: Stay strong beautiful, and just hang in there even though things with your family are rough. Don't blame it on yourself or anything like that. :hug:

Guess what guys?? Today is my one year anniversary of being cut free!!! ^_^ ^_^

Upvote 0

Soulwings

A true original.
Apr 7, 2003
Northeastern USA.
✟25,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hm Katey, would you like to have a ginger tea with me? And perhaps some yoghurt? I know that's not normal coffee shop food... but I'm feeling in a yoghurty mood right now... :yum:

Bec, good luck with driving that far! Actually, I guess you've already done it, so I hope that it went well! :) Take care of yourself, lil sis. :hug:

Yesterday was nice; my parents and I went to a used bookstore where they paid for my purchases (hehe) and then we went and got milkshakes. I'm fine with milkshakes but ice cream in a dish is still too much for me, unless it's soy ice cream and I know that it doesn't have loads of sugar or fat or calories. So that was lovely. :)

Today we're going to go boating on a lake at a state park near us. I think they loan out kayaks, so I will be taking Jarrod there for a date once he comes, hopefully before school starts, because kayaking is a love of mine. We still haven't bought kayaks but I'm hoping in the near future...... I can actually afford one of my own, so if it comes to that, I will buy one. :p

How are y'all this morning/evening?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.