The books of Hebrews and Revelation prove the unchangeableness of God's Holy Law. (3)

Leuko Petra

Following The Lamb
Apr 8, 2013
Almost Home
✟831.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
So what do you think Jesus means when He says -

28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Jesus can't be talking about the 7th day Sabbath.
He is speaking about it [the 7th Day the Sabbath of the Lord thy God], but in a way that only those that have entered into the experience of it with Him can understand.

Is there not the song, Would you be free from the Burden of Sin [1 John 3:4]?

This was why there was to be no Burdens borne upon the 7th Day Sabbath day of God, for the Day is the Sign of freedom from the burden of Sin!

And it came to pass, that when the gates of Jerusalem began to be dark before the sabbath, I commanded that the gates should be shut, and charged that they should not be opened till after the sabbath: and some of my servants set I at the gates, that there should no burden be brought in on the sabbath day. Nehemiah 13:19

Thus saith the LORD; Take heed to yourselves, and bear no burden on the sabbath day, nor bring it in by the gates of Jerusalem; Jeremiah 17:21

There are two yokes, the Yoke of Jesus Christ, and His ways, or the yoke of the devil, and his.

Those which laboured, laboured under the burden, the "laden" of several things,

[1] Sin - Ah sinful nation, a people laden with iniquity, a seed of evildoers, children that are corrupters: they have forsaken the LORD, they have provoked the Holy One of Israel unto anger, they are gone away backward. Isaiah 1:4

There is no soundness in my flesh because of thine anger; neither is there any rest in my bones because of my sin. Psalms 33:8

For mine iniquities are gone over mine head: as an heavy burden they are too heavy for me. Psalms 38:4

Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke? Isaiah 58:6

For I perceive that thou art in the gall of bitterness, and in the bond of iniquity. Acts 8:23

Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; John 8:31

And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. John 8:32

They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free? John 8:33

Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. John 8:34

...and because of their iniquities, corrupt men came in and ladened even further with false practices and ways to overcome sin, rules, regulations of worthlessness, which further nullified the commandments of God.

[2] Pharisaical, Lawyers, etc rules of works, traditions which negated the Law of God, and the Salvation of God, separating them from the pure and simple faith of Scripture - For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers. Matthew 23:4

And he said, Woe unto you also, ye lawyers! for ye lade men with burdens grievous to be borne, and ye yourselves touch not the burdens with one of your fingers. Luke 11:46

[3] Fear of Eternal Death, because of sin, which is transgression of His Holy, Just and Good Law - And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage. Hebrews 2:15

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23

Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? Romans 6:16

God/Jesus delivers from these, and gives Rest, which is the bringing us back into harmony with Himself, and His Ways and His Law, thus no longer at enmity, no longer in bondage, no longer servants of satan, but chilren of the Living God:

I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Exodus 20:2

And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments. Exodus 20:6

Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Exodus 20:8

Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: Exodus 20:9

But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: Exodus 20:10

For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it. Exodus 20:11

For True Rest, is found in obeying God in His Law, not rebelling against Him in His Law. It is fully trusting in His saving Grace and Power to deliver from Sin/Selfishness, that we put away our own works for deliverance, put away sins, which are transgressions of His Holy Law, by that same Grace, but Rest with Him in His Rest, For He Delivers. The 7th Day Sabbath is the Sign of the Finished Work of Jesus, not only in Creation, but also in Salvation, Redemption in His death, He Rested. Who will trust and belive in His Finished Work with us?

Lucifer in Heaven, brought discord, strife and unrest when he rebelled and sinned in Heaven. And he again brought the same to our first parents, Adam/Eve. He [satan] brings the same to all who will refuse God, and refuse rest with Him [God/Jesus] in the 7th Day of His own choosing.

[4] The Burden of serving wicked Kings in rigorous bondage, because of their rebellions against God, and therefore their needs of chastizing Leviticus 26:13; Deuteronomy 28:48; Isaiah 9:4, 10:27, 14:25; Jeremiah 27:8; 1 Kings 12:11; Psalms 81:6, etc. For Israel in the time of Jesus was under the bondage of the Roman yoke, for their many transgressions.

Transgression and yoke of Bondage are linked:

For of old time I have broken thy yoke, and burst thy bands; and thou saidst, I will not transgress; when upon every high hill and under every green tree thou wanderest, playing the harlot. Jeremiah 2:20

The yoke of my transgressions is bound by his hand: they are wreathed, and come up upon my neck: he hath made my strength to fall, the Lord hath delivered me into their hands, from whom I am not able to rise up. Lamentations 1:4

The Devil is the Master Bondsman, enslaving all into sin and selfishness. He says get back to work, do not rest as God says, and do not listen to vain and idle words [of His Commandments], even as he said through Pharoah. The devil says the same through the world today... get back to work! Do not listen to God's requirements.

Yet Jesus came to set us free from the bondage of the Cruel Taskmaster, and brings us safely back into Harmony with Himself:

And it shall come to pass in the day that the LORD shall give thee rest from thy sorrow, and from thy fear, and from the hard bondage wherein thou wast made to serve, Isaiah 14:3

And he said, My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest. Exodys 33:14

The Commandments of God are not burdensome, not grievious, but a joy and delight:

By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. 1 John 5:2

For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. 1 John 5:3

Love to God and man, is the keeping of the Ten Commandments of God, by the powerful Grace and Love of God.

I drew them with cords of a man, with bands of love: and I was to them as they that take off the yoke on their jaws, and I laid meat unto them. Hosea 11:4

Those who worship the Beast, have no rest:

And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name. Revelation 14:11

As God said to Israel of Old, so it is to be said unto us, Israel of "Today":

For ye are not as yet come to the rest and to the inheritance, which the LORD your God giveth you. Deuteronomy 12:9

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Stryder06

Check the signature
Jan 9, 2009
✟31,839.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
So what do you think Jesus means when He says -

28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Jesus can't be talking about the 7th day Sabbath.

I think Jesus meant exactly what He said. Keeping the law (including the Sabbath) isn't burdensome. Keeping man's traditions, that is.

Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Those who walk the walk, will follow in Jesus footsteps. What is the record of the NT? Jesus faithfully attending services on the 7th day Sabbath. And there no example of Jesus keeping Sunday! So why aren't following in Jesus' footsteps and keeping the 7th day holy?

If Paul was right in SDA estimations and supposedly observed the Saturday Sabbath, how did he wind up in this factual state?

1 Timothy 1:15
This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

?

Seriously some of you think you are legally obedient when no one could have stated themselves to be further from being legally obedient than an Apostle no less terming himself the chief of sinners POST SALVATION.

?

Just how 'legally obedient' is such a person anyway?

?

Upvote 0

Leuko Petra

Following The Lamb
Apr 8, 2013
Almost Home
✟831.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
If Paul was right in SDA estimations and supposedly observed the Saturday Sabbath, how did he wind up in this factual state?

This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

?

Seriously some of you think you are legally obedient when no one could have stated themselves to be further from being legally obedient than an Apostle no less terming himself the chief of sinners POST SALVATION.

?

?
That is a misunderstanding of the Biblical position, and thus the Seventh-day Adventists position.

Please read the context, Paul spoke of His past, in full realization of what he once was... and because of His past, he says I am the chief of sinners, for Paul recognized the terribleness of his crimes and sins against God, and the people of God, and in several places lists his crimes openly. We shall also recognize the terribleness of our own sins when come to Christ Jesus.

Even as Jacob/Israel before:

"I am not worthy of the least of all the mercies, and of all the truth, which thou hast shewed unto thy servant; ..." Genesis 32:10, it is the recognition that none of us are worthy of so great salvation.

Notice Paul again:

Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ; Ephesians 3:8

...and in reading Pauls Epistles, we see growth in his estimation of God, and his shrinking from self, even as John the Baptsit said:

He must increase, but I must decrease. John 3:30

Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief. 1 Timothy 1:13

Paul understood the goodness of the Law of God:

Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned: 1 Timothy 1:5

"the end" does not mean its cessation, but rathers its goal, purpose and completeness, meaning the fullness of the realization of the Commandment is charity [love of God] out of the pure heart, etc. Love in Truth, not merely in word.

God does not want us to remain a people who sin, and transgress His Holy Law, but has amply provided His powerful Grace to overcome temptation and sin:

Notice Paul again:

And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God. 1 Corinthians 6:11

Who will believe the promises of God?

Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, Jude 1:24

In Pauls life, where he was at that time, he recognized his position:

Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:12

...and thus recognizing his position from the Goal, even Christ Jesus, he pressed further onward still...

...the goal is obtainable. Jesus said so, He demonstrated it as so.

Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is a misunderstanding of the Biblical position, and thus the Seventh-day Adventists position.

Uh, no, it's a fact from Paul's own mouth in the scripture cited from himself unto himself. All that is required is an ability to read it for what it plainly says.
Please read the context, Paul spoke of His past,
The last time I checked the term "I am" is present tense and is not "I was" as you are trying to make it.

sorry.

Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ; Ephesians 3:8
Again, "who am" is not doing your pre-salvation premise much good here.
God does not want us to remain a people who sin, and transgress His Holy Law, but has amply provided His powerful Grace to overcome temptation and sin:
Regardless of your claim, which I'm not saying isn't noble and all that, but it does NOT line up with Paul's statements of fact, present tense, for himself.

If you'd care to actually take a stab at that fact you might see the utter fruitlessness in trying to make claims of legal obedience under LAW as there is no justifications there available for any of us as 'legally obedient' and particularly NOT SO when we stack up the factual present tense post salvation claims of the Apostle.

You claim the state of sinless perfection is possible and I'd claim that such claims are flat out lies until the mortal puts off corruption and puts on our promised eternal habitation in a NEW BODY...

til then yer buckin' the wind of vanity and futility.

Paul laid these most very real facts upon himself as well as upon every one of us:

1 Cor. 15:
42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

and just exactly WHEN does that transpire? again, just as Paul shows us 'all' here:

53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

Let's not deceive ourselves in the MEANtime.

s

Upvote 0

Leuko Petra

Following The Lamb
Apr 8, 2013
Almost Home
✟831.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
...The last time I checked the term "I am" is present tense and is not "I was" as you are trying to make it. ...
So, you are saying Paul was still a blasphemer, even though he specifically used the word "was"? The "I am chief" is in the context of His past, and the realization of what he had done and what Jesus Christ has done for him.

Perhaps this may help... two things

An Example... [a for instance]

...let's say in my past I murdered millions of people, horribly tortured them, men, women, children, and committed crimes despicable, and was known as the chief of violent offenders...

...but by the grace of God, came to know Christ Jesus and His so great salvation...

...now, would I recognize that I was saved by Grace and yet see myself still as the chief of pardoned [saved] sinners, even though I obtained mercy?

This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. 1 Timothy 1:15

Therefore Paul is in his estimation is a chief of saved sinners, by Jesus Christ...

"... Persecutors are some of the worst of sinners: such a one Paul had been. Or, of whom I am chief, that is, of pardoned sinners I am chief. It is an expression of his great humility; he that elsewhere calls himself the least of all saints (Eph. 3:8) here calls himself the chief of sinners. ..." Matthew Henry Commentary

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
*snip*............

He is speaking about it [the 7th Day the Sabbath of the Lord thy God], but in a way that only those that have entered into the experience of it with Him can understand.

There are two yokes, the Yoke of Jesus Christ, and His ways, or the yoke of the devil, and his.
Which one is showing having a "yoke" in his hand in Reve 6:5 :confused:

Blue Letter Bible - Lexicon
Strong's Number G2218 matches the Greek ζυγός (zygos), which occurs 6 times in 6 verses in the Greek concordance of the KJV

Galatians 5:1 To-the freedom then the Christ of us frees.
Be ye standing firm! and no again to a yoke/zugw <2218> of servitude be ye having!

Reve 6:5
And when he opens up the third seal, I hear the third living one saying "Be coming"!
And I saw and Behold! A black horse, and the one sitting on it/him having a yoke/zugon <2218> in the hand of him..
[Deut 28:18/Acts 15:10]

Deuteronomy 28:48
Therefore shalt thou serve thine enemies which YHWH shall send against thee, in hunger, and in thirst, and in nakedness, and in want of all things: and He shall put a yoke of iron upon thy neck, until he have destroyed thee.
[Acts 15:10/Reve 6:5]

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So, you are saying Paul was still a blasphemer, even though he specifically used the word "was"? The "I am chief" is in the context of His past, and the realization of what he had done.

I am is a present tense application. Paul did not say, I WAS or I used to be.

How often should we repeat the fact?

Perhaps this may help... two things

An Example... [a for instance]

...let's say in my past I murdered millions of people, horribly tortured them, men, women, children, and committed crimes despicable, and was known as the chief of violent offenders...
Why do you think repeating your assertion in such manners is going to change the obvious present tense application of Paul's statements of fact?

All the common taters in the world are not able to retroactively change what Paul already penned.

NOR did you address, even remotely, the fact of present tense weakness, corruption and dishonor in a natural body.

That's part of the problem in trying to support false doctrines. When contrary texts do not fit the premise, the contrary texts are quickly tossed aside and 'believers' in effect can not even believe their own eyes.

s

(I refrained from addressing other specific intentions of REWRITING what Paul said, such as your claim that Paul was only the chief of SAVED sinners, an obvious ADDITION to his statement of fact by you [or your sect/commentator].)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CFTerminator

Jun 29, 2013
USA
✟677.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

?

?

?

Why is it that you and your cohorts keep bringing up unconnected text in the hope you can "monkey wrench" the issue in discussion? Of course was Paul was a sinner, there was no other person on Earth who never sinned except Jesus, but that doesn't preclude our being obedient to 10 Commandments. If we are obedient, we are not sinning, if we knowingly continue in sin, there is no salvation for us.

Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why is it that you and your cohorts keep bringing up unconnected text in the hope you can "monkey wrench" the issue in discussion?

The issue in discussion is the claims of legal obedience to Saturday Sabbath and Paul's claim of himself by comparisons. No monkey wrench required.

You DO understand that it is entirely possible to hold up every jot and tittle of the LAW as valid and still remain a factual sinner just as Paul showed is not only possible, but a present reality for everyone?

Of course was Paul was a sinner,

Indeed, even the present tense chief of same post salvation.

So how 'legally obedient' was Paul in that standing?

Honesty carries a greater weight than feigned legal obedience.

there was no other person on Earth who never sinned except Jesus, but that doesn't preclude our being obedient to 10 Commandments. If we are obedient, we are not sinning, if we knowingly continue in sin, there is no salvation for us.

The factual claims of an Apostle are also just as accurate for us.

We do not avoid being sinners by showing up in the pew on Saturday or any other day for that matter NOR do any avoid being factual sinners by doing so just as Paul didn't.

s

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
F

from scratch

OK so it seems to you I missed something here. I ask you to show some context that Jesus is referring to the 7th day Sabbath which they already have. If that is true then Jesus' words ring very hollow because He would only be offering them what they already have.
Is there not the song, Would you be free from the Burden of Sin [1 John 3:4]?
The song has nothing to do with I John 3:4.
This was why there was to be no Burdens borne upon the 7th Day Sabbath day of God, for the Day is the Sign of freedom from the burden of Sin!
Then Jesus gave the man by the pool a direct command to sin. For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
And it came to pass, that when the gates of Jerusalem began to be dark before the sabbath, I commanded that the gates should be shut, and charged that they should not be opened till after the sabbath: and some of my servants set I at the gates, that there should no burden be brought in on the sabbath day. Nehemiah 13:19
Now we can bypass the closed gate via the modern means for delivery of goods and services so it is now OK to do business on the Sabbath and not be in violation of the 4th. Who are you trying to kid (deceive)?
Thus saith the LORD; Take heed to yourselves, and bear no burden on the sabbath day, nor bring it in by the gates of Jerusalem; Jeremiah 17:21
So I wonder with the last 2 of your quotes why you continue to sin. To me you're very self condemning. You don't condemn me because I'm not under the jurisdiction of the law. I'm a Christian - a Gentile Christian who was never subject to the law as a matter of fact.
Yes and Jesus invited us to take His yoke and leave the law alone. But you refuse. Why?
Those which laboured, laboured under the burden, the "laden" of several things,

[1] Sin - Ah sinful nation, a people laden with iniquity, a seed of evildoers, children that are corrupters: they have forsaken the LORD, they have provoked the Holy One of Israel unto anger, they are gone away backward. Isaiah 1:4

There is no soundness in my flesh because of thine anger; neither is there any rest in my bones because of my sin. Psalms 33:8
But they had the 7th day Sabbath of rest and yet couldn't have it. What rest is the writer talking about. It can't be the 7th day Sabbath they observed.
For mine iniquities are gone over mine head: as an heavy burden they are too heavy for me. Psalms 38:4
Why couldn't they put them down on the 7th day Sabbath?
Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke? Isaiah 58:6

For I perceive that thou art in the gall of bitterness, and in the bond of iniquity. Acts 8:23
What is this in relationship to? I can't connect it to the discussion.
Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; John 8:31
This is nothing but more manipulative condemnation given your idea that it means obedience to the law.
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. John 8:32
Indeed it has and I think you're jealous. So unfortunate.
They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free? John 8:33
And you don't understand either.
Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. John 8:34

...and because of their iniquities, corrupt men came in and ladened even further with false practices and ways to overcome sin, rules, regulations of worthlessness, which further nullified the commandments of God.
What exactly is it you do? Don't you admit you can't keep the law perfectly? Why do you require it of others? Oh I know it is an amended law and commandment you require to be kept. Then indeed it isn't the 4th you're asking others to keep. If that is true how can one be righteous?
[2] Pharisaical, Lawyers, etc rules of works, traditions which negated the Law of God, and the Salvation of God, separating them from the pure and simple faith of Scripture - For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers. Matthew 23:4
You're really not doing yourself much good here.
And he said, Woe unto you also, ye lawyers! for ye lade men with burdens grievous to be borne, and ye yourselves touch not the burdens with one of your fingers. Luke 11:46
I refer you to Acts of the Apostles chapter 15.
[3] Fear of Eternal Death, because of sin, which is transgression of His Holy, Just and Good Law - And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage. Hebrews 2:15
You're fire insurance policy won't deliver the desired results.
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23
So is obedience to the law wages? Personally I love the gift much better. Please note where or how it is acquired. It isn't the law or obedience to the law.
Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? Romans 6:16
Since you admit violating the law (practicing sin also known as willful sin), what is your obedience to?
God/Jesus delivers from these, and gives Rest, which is the bringing us back into harmony with Himself, and His Ways and His Law, thus no longer at enmity, no longer in bondage, no longer servants of satan, but chilren of the Living God:
If this is true why do you say you obey the law and demand others to do the same? Where is there rest in the law? Remember your quotes above from Psalms?
I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Exodus 20:2
Maybe you or your relatives, but none of mine or me.
And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments. Exodus 20:6
This is limited to to people spoken to. Yes I understand you deny that. :cool:
Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Exodus 20:8

Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: Exodus 20:9

But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: Exodus 20:10

For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it. Exodus 20:11
Si why don't you comply? I see no exception for modern life styles.
For True Rest, is found in obeying God in His Law, not rebelling against Him in His Law. It is fully trusting in His saving Grace and Power to deliver from Sin/Selfishness, that we put away our own works for deliverance, put away sins, which are transgressions of His Holy Law, by that same Grace, but Rest with Him in His Rest, For He Delivers. The 7th Day Sabbath is the Sign of the Finished Work of Jesus, not only in Creation, but also in Salvation, Redemption in His death, He Rested. Who will trust and belive in His Finished Work with us?
Then Jesus lied in Mat 11:28-30. Now I want to know why you don't rest. Yes I'm talking in context of the word used in Gen 2.
Lucifer in Heaven, brought discord, strife and unrest when he rebelled and sinned in Heaven. And he again brought the same to our first parents, Adam/Eve. He [satan] brings the same to all who will refuse God, and refuse rest with Him [God/Jesus] in the 7th Day of His own choosing.

[4] The Burden of serving wicked Kings in rigorous bondage, because of their rebellions against God, and therefore their needs of chastizing Leviticus 26:13; Deuteronomy 28:48; Isaiah 9:4, 10:27, 14:25; Jeremiah 27:8; 1 Kings 12:11; Psalms 81:6, etc. For Israel in the time of Jesus was under the bondage of the Roman yoke, for their many transgressions.

Transgression and yoke of Bondage are linked:

For of old time I have broken thy yoke, and burst thy bands; and thou saidst, I will not transgress; when upon every high hill and under every green tree thou wanderest, playing the harlot. Jeremiah 2:20

The yoke of my transgressions is bound by his hand: they are wreathed, and come up upon my neck: he hath made my strength to fall, the Lord hath delivered me into their hands, from whom I am not able to rise up. Lamentations 1:4
This isn't the yoke Acts 15 talks about. You make it about physical rest when is isn't.
The Devil is the Master Bondsman, enslaving all into sin and selfishness. He says get back to work, do not rest as God says, and do not listen to vain and idle words [of His Commandments], even as he said through Pharoah. The devil says the same through the world today... get back to work! Do not listen to God's requirements.

Yet Jesus came to set us free from the bondage of the Cruel Taskmaster, and brings us safely back into Harmony with Himself:

And it shall come to pass in the day that the LORD shall give thee rest from thy sorrow, and from thy fear, and from the hard bondage wherein thou wast made to serve, Isaiah 14:3
Again you refer to physical burdens of labor. This isn't the rest Jesus invited us to.
And he said, My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest. Exodys 33:14

The Commandments of God are not burdensome, not grievious, but a joy and delight:

By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. 1 John 5:2
Taken in line with the rest of your post this is very out of context and not the commandments you intend us to believe they are.
For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. 1 John 5:3
ditto
Love to God and man, is the keeping of the Ten Commandments of God, by the powerful Grace and Love of God.
Which you nor anyone else does or can. The Bible testifies to this fact. Fine examples are Ps 14:3; 53:3 and Rom 3:23.
I drew them with cords of a man, with bands of love: and I was to them as they that take off the yoke on their jaws, and I laid meat unto them. Hosea 11:4

Those who worship the Beast, have no rest:

And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name. Revelation 14:11
And neither do those who try to keep the law. Jesus offers the rest you want and you refuse it for some reason.
As God said to Israel of Old, so it is to be said unto us, Israel of "Today":

For ye are not as yet come to the rest and to the inheritance, which the LORD your God giveth you. Deuteronomy 12:9
Again the physical life only. The body isn't redeemed. The soul is redeemed and is what has fellowship with God.

Upvote 0
F

from scratch

Why is it that you and your cohorts keep bringing up unconnected text in the hope you can "monkey wrench" the issue in discussion? Of course was Paul was a sinner, there was no other person on Earth who never sinned except Jesus, but that doesn't preclude our being obedient to 10 Commandments. If we are obedient, we are not sinning, if we knowingly continue in sin, there is no salvation for us.
Yes sir the Bible is a huge monkey wrench of contradictory statements, therefore any one who believes its nonsense has no horse sense. BTW mules (most anyway) are much smarter.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
I think all of us knowingly continue in sin, very few of us don't sin at least once a week by the standards Jesus set..... if you hate your brother you are guilty of murder and if you lust after a married woman you are guilty of adultery. To stop continuing in sin would mean essentially going into a coma and not thinking or doing anything. So by your statement here... nobody will be saved because nobody can stop sinning. I disagree in that it isn't our sin that doesn't save us but lack of faith in the forgiveness of sin that damns us. It isn't obedience that saves us but trust in the obedient one (Jesus) that does.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by CFTerminator
Why is it that you and your cohorts keep bringing up unconnected text in the hope you can "monkey wrench" the issue in discussion?
The issue in discussion is the claims of legal obedience to Saturday Sabbath and Paul's claim of himself by comparisons. No monkey wrench required.

You DO understand that it is entirely possible to hold up every jot and tittle of the LAW as valid and still remain a factual sinner just as Paul showed is not only possible, but a present reality for everyone?

s
Yes sir the Bible is a huge monkey wrench of contradictory statements, therefore any one who believes its nonsense has no horse sense.
BTW mules (most anyway) are much smarter.
:D

Ya may have a point there :)

[Rotherham] Numbers 22:
28 And Yahweh opened the mouth of the ass,--and she said unto Balaam--"What have I done to thee, that thou hast smitten me these three times"?
29 And Balaam said unto the ass, "Surely thou hast been making sport of me,--Would there had been a sword in my hand, for now would I have slain thee".
30 Then said the ass unto Balaam--"Am not I thine own ass on which thou hast ridden all thy life, until this day?
Have I been wont to do unto thee, thus"? And he said, "Nay"!

Reve 2:14 But I am having against of thee a few.
That thou are having there ones-holding the teaching of Balaam
who taught to-the Balak to be casting a snare before the sons of Israel to be eating idol sacrifices and to prostitute.

t1349x53f8c6.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
F

from scratch

:D

Ya may have a point there :)

[Rotherham] Numbers 22:
28 And Yahweh opened the mouth of the ass,--and she said unto Balaam--"What have I done to thee, that thou hast smitten me these three times"?
29 And Balaam said unto the ass, "Surely thou hast been making sport of me,--Would there had been a sword in my hand, for now would I have slain thee".
30 Then said the ass unto Balaam--"Am not I thine own ass on which thou hast ridden all thy life, until this day?
Have I been wont to do unto thee, thus"? And he said, "Nay"!

Reve 2:14 But I am having against of thee a few.
That thou are having there ones-holding the teaching of Balaam
who taught to-the Balak to be casting a snare before the sons of Israel to be eating idol sacrifices and to prostitute.

t1349x53f8c6.jpg

Iaz uh southern farm boy.

Upvote 0

CFTerminator

Jun 29, 2013
USA
✟677.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think all of us knowingly continue in sin, very few of us don't sin at least once a week by the standards Jesus set..... if you hate your brother you are guilty of murder and if you lust after a married woman you are guilty of adultery. To stop continuing in sin would mean essentially going into a coma and not thinking or doing anything. So by your statement here... nobody will be saved because nobody can stop sinning. I disagree in that it isn't our sin that doesn't save us but lack of faith in the forgiveness of sin that damns us. It isn't obedience that saves us but trust in the obedient one (Jesus) that does.

Faith without works is a dead faith. That is basically what the modern Evangelicals preach, in a word "cheap grace", or "once saved always saved". Evangelicals back in the 1800's and early 1900's, almost all preached from the pulpit that the 10 Commandments were binding on all professed Christians. But, postmodernism has become very popular these days, and has watered down almost every Christian standard, hence the worldly lifestyles of professed Christians in North American.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
Faith without works is a dead faith. That is basically what the modern Evangelicals preach, in a word "cheap grace", or "once saved always saved". Evangelicals back in the 1800's and early 1900's, almost all preached from the pulpit that the 10 Commandments were binding on all professed Christians. But, postmodernism has become very popular these days, and has watered down almost every Christian standard, hence the worldly lifestyles of professed Christians in North American.
Works that are only for obedience are not works of faith and thus are dead works too.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Works that are only for obedience are not works of faith and thus are dead works too.

I would say that Yahweh God would have sin come to an end, it should not go on any longer than it has to (that being with individuals' stubbornness or immaturity), and Jesus said for us to be perfect, as our heavenly Father is. There indeed must be growth toward that. But some prefer a lazier way, and call such growth not living by faith, and working only for obedience. With our life in Christ and the Spirit of God in us, God does make it possible to grow with coming to sin much less, and I can believe it can stop, God's will is not impossible. It would not mean one has to be unconscious, his will for how we should live is possible with our consciousness, with submitting to him. The ten commandments are a part of the law, though surely not all of it, and the morality of it does not stop being right for us. The new covenant mentioned from Jeremiah was to be with change in our hearts, we are to live right from that with the sacrifice, the priesthood, and the way to be made clean fulfilled in Christ for us.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
I would say that Yahweh God would have sin come to an end, it should not go on any longer than it has to (that being with individuals' stubbornness or immaturity), and Jesus said for us to be perfect, as our heavenly Father is. There indeed must be growth toward that. But some prefer a lazier way, and call such growth not living by faith, and working only for obedience. With our life in Christ and the Spirit of God in us, God does make it possible to grow with coming to sin much less, and I can believe it can stop, God's will is not impossible. It would not mean one has to be unconscious, his will for how we should live is possible with our consciousness, with submitting to him. The ten commandments are a part of the law, though surely not all of it, and the morality of it does not stop being right for us. The new covenant mentioned from Jeremiah was to be with change in our hearts, we are to live right from that with the sacrifice, the priesthood, and the way to be made clean fulfilled in Christ for us.
The morality of the Law is only relevant to carnal Christians who are not living in the spirit upon where the law of love (love God and love your neighbor) is written upon our hearts. Those who want to backtrack to an inferior covenant that rated us by obedience instead of faith may do so but toss their faith out the window come judgment time because those who choose the Law (10 commandments) will be judged by it and those who choose to live by faith will be judged by the faithful one they chose.... Jesus.

Upvote 0