Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
I notice people preach a bloodless gospel more and more as time goes on.
Today You will often hear of Jesus, that His grace is available to all who love Him and accept Him and so forth, The Christmas story and baby Jesus often is on display at stores.
That is great and wonderful too, but why don't people preach about that Blood that had to be shed to save each of us anymore?
This is what brought about the NT covenant and washes us from sin.

It seems no one wants to hear about a God who was beaten and bruised and cut and torn and speared and bled all over the place while hanging from a wooden cross to save a bunch of wretched sinners like us.
No one wants to hear how awful the bloody sacrifices of lambs and other animals were that atoned for the many sins of the wicked in the OT and yet that was the requirement for cleansing, Something had to die to save you!
It takes blood to atone for sin.
Blood had to be shed often in the OT, It started with Adam and Eve when they first fell. Animals had to die for a covering to clothe their nakedness.
We are no different today as it takes blood to cover our sins, But we are so blessed to have the One time eternal sin Sacrifice just for accepting this free gift. [Free on our part, Not His]

Jesus Christ is our sacrificial lamb, He was tortured and beaten and He bled all over the cross and thank God He did it, Thank God that wonderful precious Blood was applied.
I think we should be reminded once in awhile of the price that our wonderful Lord paid for our ransom, It wasn't pretty and in fact it was downright brutal, But He endured it all to save us sinners because He loves us.

Thank You Jesus my Saviour

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Today You will often hear of Jesus, that His grace is available to all who love Him and accept Him and so forth, The Christmas story and baby Jesus often is on display at stores.
That is great and wonderful too, but why don't people preach about that Blood that had to be shed to save each of us anymore?

It seems no one wants to hear about a God who was beaten and bruised and cut and torn and speared and bled all over the place while hanging from a wooden cross to save a bunch of wretched sinners like us.
No one wants to hear how awful the bloody sacrifices of lambs and other animals were that atoned for the many sins of the wicked in the OT and yet that was the requirement for cleansing, Something had to die to save you!
Blood had to be shed often in the OT, It started with Adam and Eve when they first fell. Animals had to die for a covering to clothe their nakedness.
We are no different today as it takes blood to cover our sins, But we are so blessed to have the One time eternal sin Sacrifice just for accepting this free gift. [Free on our part, Not His]

Jesus Christ is our sacrificial lamb, He was tortured and beaten and He bled all over the cross and thank God He did it, Thank God that wonderful precious Blood was applied.
I think we should be reminded once in awhile of the price that our wonderful Lord paid for our ransom, It wasn't pretty and in fact it was downright brutal, But He endured it all to save us sinners because He loves us.

In those days when enough blood spilled out, the person was dead and gone.
It was assumed then that the person was in the blood.
Even though we don't follow that line of thought anymore, I give blood a few times a year.
Knowing it's importance, I'm sure you do as well.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Leviticus 17:11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.

He gave all for us and I wish more people could see that consequences of His actions towards us. He is truly and and awesome loving God. :]

Upvote 0

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟201,456.00
Faith
Christian

Rom 3:25 God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement, through faith in his blood.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The story of the Nativity is just as important to our salvation as Jesus' crucifixion. You can't exactly have a human death, after all, without a human birth.
Yes the Incarnation is the manifestation of God’s eternal plan of salvation.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

See it too Scotty. Had a thread on “Did Jesus die for our sins.” Wow some of the answers I received.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here is my OP

Been seeing on Christian only threads some doubts that Jesus Christ died for our sins.

I know this may be shocking to many.

We can pack away various atonement explanations as we know there are differences but I ask how can a Christian read the New Testament and not conclude Jesus Christ was crucified and died for our sins.

By logical extension and explicitly explained in the New Testament the Blood of Christ cleanses us from all sins (1 John 1:7)

This also:

This also: The Blood of Christ cleanses us from our sins.

Colossians 1:20

Acts of the Apostles 20:28

Ephesians 1:7

Hebrews 9:14

Hebrews 9:22

John 1:7

Hebrews 10:19

Hebrews 13:12

Leviticus 17:11

Luke 22:20

Matthew 26:28

Revelation 1:5

Revelation 7:14

Revelation 12:11

Romans 5:9

Romans 3:24-25

1 Peter 1:18-19

1 Corinthians 11:24-30

Good list of verses on the blood of Christ above.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Humbled.. the BLOOD OF JESUS. I know at times when wondering just who was talking... to have them say.. we are washed by the blood of Jesus.. just got mumbling and then left. God asked Cain..the blood was crying out to Him "And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground."

Life is in the blood.

Upvote 0