The BIBLE only is the standard for truth... (3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

THIS

I only want God's Truth
Apr 22, 2014
Hidden with Christ in God, see Colossians 3:3.
✟1,226.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
3. God commanded Moses to make the snake and commanded the Israelites to bow to the image of a snake. God broke your interpretation of the Scripture. So, either your interpretation of Scripture is wrong, or God is wrong.

Guess who I'm betting on.
God did not command the Israelites to bow to the snake, or burn incense to the snake.

2 Kings 18:1 In the third year of Hoshea son of Elah king of Israel, Hezekiah son of Ahaz king of Judah began to reign. 2 He was twenty-five years old when he became king, and he reigned in Jerusalem twenty-nine years. His mother’s name was Abijah daughter of Zechariah. 3 He did what was right in the eyes of the LORD, just as his father David had done. 4 He removed the high places, smashed the sacred stones and cut down the Asherah poles. He broke into pieces the bronze snake Moses had made, for up to that time the Israelites had been burning incense to it. (It was called Nehushtan.)

Upvote 0

sculleywr

Orthodox Colitis Survivor
Jul 23, 2011
Starke, FL
✟22,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
God did not command the Israelites to bow to the snake, or burn incense to the snake.

2 Kings 18:1 In the third year of Hoshea son of Elah king of Israel, Hezekiah son of Ahaz king of Judah began to reign. 2 He was twenty-five years old when he became king, and he reigned in Jerusalem twenty-nine years. His mother’s name was Abijah daughter of Zechariah. 3 He did what was right in the eyes of the LORD, just as his father David had done. 4 He removed the high places, smashed the sacred stones and cut down the Asherah poles. He broke into pieces the bronze snake Moses had made, for up to that time the Israelites had been burning incense to it. (It was called Nehushtan.)
Dude, you're taking it too far. How many images did God command in the temple?

You happen to remember the two huge angels in the altar?

Upvote 0

THIS

I only want God's Truth
Apr 22, 2014
✟1,226.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From the forum rules on flaming and harrassment:
● Stating or implying that another member or group of members who have identified themselves as Christian are not Christian is not allowed.
● Be considerate and do not make another member's experience on this site miserable. This includes making false accusations or persistently attacking them in the open forums.
You are not God. This is my only warning. Further accusations of other Christians will be reported.
You falsely accused me of saying I am God.

You also falsely accused me of many other things.

In other words, you let the decisions of men choose which books are Scripture for you.
If you believe Scripture ONLY is the standard of Truth, then you are following the teachings of Zwinglianism, as taught by Zwingli, one of the leaders of the classic (magisterial) Protestant Reformation.

You are skirting on the rules by claiming to have a monopoly on God's Truth.

You add a tradition to Scripture by saying that.

3. God commanded Moses to make the snake and commanded the Israelites to bow to the image of a snake. God broke your interpretation of the Scripture. So, either your interpretation of Scripture is wrong, or God is wrong.

Guess who I'm betting on.
You follow the five Solas as written during the Reformation. You follow a set of beliefs that was sourced in a church in the Reformation. Therefore, by definition, you are a Protestant.
So Abraham did not get to go to heaven? Abraham is in hell now?
Dude, you're taking it too far.
You're adding to Scripture. Because you have a canon of Scripture.

You have a lot of nerve threatening me. There is a name for what you do.

Upvote 0

THIS

I only want God's Truth
Apr 22, 2014
✟1,226.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nice dodge. But no. I'm not reading something if I am not given a direct link to it. I'm not going to go on a wild goose chase to prove your argument.

Here are some things...

Jesus says call no man 'father', and that they are 'brothers' in Christ.

The Orthodox call their brothers in Christ 'father'.

The Word of God says to repent and be baptized.

The Orthodox baptize babies who cannot repent.

God says do not make an image and bow to it.

The Orthodox make many images and bow to them.

And other such things the Orthodox do.

Upvote 0

topcare

The Eucharist is Life
Apr 8, 2014
✟12,064.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Here are some things...

And other such things the Orthodox do.
falsehoods galore

Upvote 0

THIS

I only want God's Truth
Apr 22, 2014
✟1,226.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dude, you're taking it too far. How many images did God command in the temple?

You happen to remember the two huge angels in the altar?
You think I am taking the Word of God too far!

You spoke error about God's Truth.

Your denomination does things that God does not tell us to do, in fact, God forbids it.

The Israelites burned incense to the bronze snake/the Orthodox priest burns incense to the crucifix, and any relics or images of saints. If the bronze snake that Moses had made was broke into pieces because the Israelites had been burning incense to it (see 2 Kings 18:1-4), then why is it okay for the Orhtodox priests to bow to and incense the crucifix?

Upvote 0

topcare

The Eucharist is Life
Apr 8, 2014
✟12,064.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Your denomination does things that God does not tell us to do, in fact, God forbids it.

The Israelites burned incense to the bronze snake/the Orthodox priest burns incense to the crucifix, and any relics or images of saints. If the bronze snake that Moses had made was broke into pieces because the Israelites had been burning incense to it (see 2 Kings 18:1-4), then why is it okay for the Orhtodox priests to bow to and incense the crucifix?

Ah, if you don't have real arguments just repeat tired lies

Upvote 0

THIS

I only want God's Truth
Apr 22, 2014
✟1,226.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Absolutely no where does it say in any of those verses to follow Scripture alone.

You speak untruths.

Deuteronomy 5:32 So be careful to do what the LORD your God has commanded you; do not turn aside to the right or to the left.

“Every word of God is flawless:

he is a shield to those who take refuge

in him.

Do not add to his words,

or he will rebuke you and prove you a

liar.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sculleywr

Jul 23, 2011
Starke, FL
✟22,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others

The Orthodox Priest burns incense to the Christ of the Crucifix whilst the Crucifix points to Christ.

Accusing people of idolatry is accusing them of not being Christian. Stop.

Upvote 0

topcare

The Eucharist is Life
Apr 8, 2014
✟12,064.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That is all you can do is deny.
When you actually do some real study than we all can have a productive conservation, as of now you just want your way even though your way are chuck full of errors of what Catholic, Orthodox, and other Liturgical Christians believe

Upvote 0

topcare

The Eucharist is Life
Apr 8, 2014
✟12,064.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You speak untruths.

Deuteronomy 5:32 So be careful to do what the LORD your God has commanded you; do not turn aside to the right or to the left.

“Every word of God is flawless:

he is a shield to those who take refuge

in him.

Do not add to his words,

or he will rebuke you and prove you a

liar.
You fail. You have not shown anywhere that any one is to go by Scripture alone. If you want to play here with the big boys you better make sure you know what your talking about

Upvote 0

sculleywr

Jul 23, 2011
Starke, FL
✟22,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Here are some things...

Christ told the APOSTLES call no man father, according to your own interpretation, because Christ called Abraham father.

Christ commanded us to baptize ALL people. I don't seem to recall an exception in the Great Commission.

Purely false. We bow to the PERSON of the Image, namely, the Christ of the Image. Not the image itself.

Don't talk about what you don't know.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

topcare

The Eucharist is Life
Apr 8, 2014
✟12,064.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Look out, sculleywr will report you for saying my beliefs are false.
They are, but unlike you I never said you were not a believer. You have insinuated that Catholics and Orthodox are not Christians which are breaking the rules here

Upvote 0

THIS

I only want God's Truth
Apr 22, 2014
✟1,226.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Orthodox Priest burns incense to the Christ of the Crucifix whilst the Crucifix points to Christ.

Accusing people of idolatry is accusing them of not being Christian. Stop.

You are going against my beliefs, but that is okay for you to do?

The Orthodox burns incense to relics. Why is it okay for you to burn incense to relics, but not okay for the Israelites to burn incense to the bronze snake, the snake in which many looked to and lived?

Upvote 0

THIS

I only want God's Truth
Apr 22, 2014
✟1,226.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They are, but unlike you I never said you were not a believer. You have insinuated that Catholics and Orthodox are not Christians which are breaking the rules here

Show me where I said that. Show it or repent for bearing false witness.

Upvote 0

THIS

I only want God's Truth
Apr 22, 2014
✟1,226.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You fail. You have not shown anywhere that any one is to go by Scripture alone. If you want to play here with the big boys you better make sure you know what your talking about

What does that scripture say?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.