The best speakers or authors for EO? Books or Podcasts?

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
You're right. In fact perhaps I do not agree fully with Fr John as he says that it is the state of Illumination that one stays in and Theosis is fleeting. I am in the FB group studying him. I will look at his teaching on this again. Perhaps he himself was only in Illumination

perhaps, or perhaps since you aren’t Orthodox, you aren’t his intended audience (which is true for all theology. John Piper is a Protestant academic, someone like me isn’t necessarily his intended audience).

Upvote 0

bmjackson

Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2007
UK
✟293,276.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He does seem to be a lot more knowledgeable about Illumination, and there are a few things he has said about Theosis that have made me wonder. He could be aiming his teaching towards that. Father!! I am a lot more Orthodox than the many cradle Orthodox in your church! It is about spiritual stature.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
He does seem to be a lot more knowledgeable about Illumination, and there are a few things he has said about Theosis that have made me wonder. He could be aiming his teaching towards that. Father!! I am a lot more Orthodox than the many cradle Orthodox in your church! It is about spiritual stature.

someone who is truly Orthodox would never make that last statement. there is no Orthodoxy outside of the Orthodox Church.

Upvote 0