Repentance works.
Jan 8, 2011
Near the flying spaghetti monster
✟57,848.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
How is that any different than saying Islamists?
The difference is in identifying the specific people involved. The militia of the Islamic State is a definable number of people (in the thousands most likely) while "islamist" is a catch-all that can be applied to almost any Muslim to whom the user of the word takes a dislike.

Now please, let's drop this discussion of Islam and return to prayers and practical help for those who are being martyred and beaten and dispossessed; our Christian brothers and sisters in Syria and Iraq.

Upvote 0

Mama Kidogo

Τίποτα νέο μυθιστόρημα τίποτα
Jan 31, 2014
USA for the time being
✟19,535.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Saudi petrodollars are funding mosques globally, in my hometown, and very likely in yours, to further the global political aims of the Wahabbi/Salafi faith.
The distinction between faith and politics is something that comes as second nature to American Christians, but there is no such distinction in Islam. The political goals of a global Islamist state and the religious goals of gloabl sharia law are one and the same.

It is not clear to me the motivations of the leaders, whether they sincerely believe in the cosmology of rewards in the afterlife, or whether they are psychopaths manipulating the minds of the naive to those ends.
I tend to think that they are sincere enough, and that their faith in what they are doing is real.

Either way, they are fully modern people like the rest of us living in a post-Holocaust world. These are not the beliefs of naive illiterate people of the Middle Ages. These are the beliefs of fully educated men.
In other words, their belief system, sincere or not, is demonic. They are fully educated, fully aware of the evil that that are wreaking upon this world.

Praise God there is no mosque in my hometown.But there is also no Orthodox church. The perks and disappointments of living in such a small town. But we do have one thing. The worlds smallest police station.

images

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,989.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Praise God there is no mosque in my hometown.But there is also no Orthodox church. The perks and disappointments of living in such a small town. But we do have one thing. The worlds smallest police station.

images
Is it Dr Who`s lol

Upvote 0

Mama Kidogo

Jan 31, 2014
USA for the time being
✟19,535.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Is it Dr Who`s lol

Nope. It's actually for real. The on duty officer parks beside it waiting for the phone to ring. it's also a good place to get a good tourist type pic. More like Underdog's booth.

195034_uK4EL45z3Qmd7QMNVZIiMdL6s.jpg

Dr. Who has a red one.;)

Upvote 0

Mama Kidogo

Jan 31, 2014
USA for the time being
✟19,535.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
I was pondering this symbol being put on people's homes. I can think of something that would bother me much more. Seeing it on my neighbors house but not on mine. I think I'd have to go out and paint it on myself and be in shame that they didn't notice I was Christian.

Upvote 0

MoreCoffee

Repentance works.
Jan 8, 2011
✟57,848.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Nope. It's actually for real. The on duty officer parks beside it waiting for the phone to ring. it's also a good place to get a good tourist type pic. More like Underdog's booth.

Dr. Who has a red one.;)

Dr Who has a blue one. Like this:

displaymedia.ashx

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,989.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
. But we do have one thing. The worlds smallest police station.

images

Is it Dr Who`s lol

Dr. Who has a red one.;)

Dr Who has a blue one. Like this:

displaymedia.ashx

It`s nice to be right once in awhile ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MoreCoffee

Repentance works.
Jan 8, 2011
✟57,848.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
The greatest state in the Union: Ohio
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Islamist has a definite usage that means political Islam. The better word might be Islamofascist, but that was deemed to be too hurtful, for whatever reason.
Islamist is a neutral term that the founder of the Muslim Brotherhood used for himself.It is not derogatory in any way, not inflammatory and avoids any reference to fundamentalist Islam, which would include many traditional Islamic practices.
Islamist is not my own coinage, but is common usage to describe political Islam which seeks to set up an Islamic state with a caliphate in a return to some golden past with Islamic sharia law.
And no, that return to the golden past is not Moorish Spain. Ask any Egyptian Copt how pluralistic and tolerant life was under Muslimb Brotherhood rule.
The term is much larger than what would be included by the terms 'terrorist' or 'radical', but serves to explain how groups like Hamas and the Muslim Brotherhood can get elected among a population that is neither especially radical nor inclined to terrorism in the numbers that it would take to deliver an election.
Before ISIS began crucifying Christians, Hamas made a law that executed Christian criminals would be crucified.
If by help what is being asked for is a prayer campaign, none of this matters. Private prayer hardly needs a discussion thread to carry it through.
But if help is to include something other than prayer, it is first necessary to define who the enemy is, and thereby who it is not.
In this case, for example, Kurds(Muslims) are definitely not Islamist, definitely not the enemy, and someone that could use western support very much.

Saudi Arabia's contribution to ME instability is massive indeed. They fund every single one of the extremists groups. People think Iran is the bad guy? Women can drive in Iran, can women drive in Saudi Arabia?

Don't forget Osama Bin Laden was a Saudi, and so were all those guys who hijacked a couple of airplanes and killed almost 3k people.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Saudi Arabia's contribution to ME instability is massive indeed. They fund every single one of the extremists groups. People think Iran is the bad guy? Women can drive in Iran, can women drive in Saudi Arabia?

Don't forget Osama Bin Laden was a Saudi, and so were all those guys who hijacked a couple of airplanes and killed almost 3k people.

What this should tell us, in means of how we might support Christians in the region, is just how monumentally huge the task is.

The same year that Islamists came into power in Tehran, a successful revolt in Arabia led to the Salafi Islamists subjects of the Saud royalty having access to enormous funds to pour into the kind of Islam that they represent.

It is not a few rogue radicals with bombs in their shoes that are giving the faith tradition a bad name. It is a well-oiled well greased machine. The Arabian peninsula, which is home to the Salafi message, never had any significant populations of Christians or non-Muslims to deal with. Ideas of pluralism are alien to Saudi soil, and that is the kind of Islam that is being funded globally, and influencing Muslims everywhere.
Nobody has the resources at their disposal to influence the direction of a religion than the Saudis Salafis do.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord
Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

images
Nice picture of you, Mama

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Reactions: MoreCoffee
Upvote 0

Mama Kidogo

Jan 31, 2014
USA for the time being
✟19,535.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Upvote 0