• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

The Antichrist

Discussion in 'Eschatology - Endtimes & Prophecy Forum' started by john316, Nov 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kikid

kikid New Member

+0
    true, or it could be a form or type of govt. or belief system like democracy - with the leader or leaders being possessed by satan

of course the system would have to be one that the people of the world love, trust, believe in and see as their savior (setting them free perhaps) - the leader/leaders would have to be able to control the rest of the world and deny them the right to buy and sell and force everyone to be with them or against them or suffer the consequences..... hmmmmmm....makes you wonder

2. Yauming

Yauming Member

+1
    Satan in a democracy ? In the 1930s - 1980s, the people claiming to be "prophets" said Satan would be a communist leader.

Satan is pretty devious though. Do you think he might be a tele-evangalist?

Charisma, gullible followers, merchandising, mass marketing - its ALL THERE dude.

3. kikid

kikid New Member

+0
    I don't know if he's democratic..LOL

all I know is whether its a person or a system of govt or religion, he/it will pretend to be God -- he will imitate The Messiah, and many will believe.....

4. Yauming

Yauming Member

+1
    Many Protestant Christians, including Pentecostals, Charismatics, Evangalists etc.. believe that the anti-Christ is the Pope and the Vatican.

I remember reading some of the anti-Papacy material and they present a very scary case. It freaked out my OCF group for awhile.

5. Catholic

Catholic New Member

+0
    Catholic
    Actually, a lot of Catholics would argue that the charismatic movement has elements of the New Age in it, and is suspect.

6. rollinTHUNDER

rollinTHUNDER Veteran

+8
    United States
    Protestant
    Married
    US-Libertarian

7. rollinTHUNDER

rollinTHUNDER Veteran

+8
    United States
    Protestant
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    The Anti-Christ will come out of the revived Roman Empire (EU). This would eliminate O'Sorry Been Loser.>>>>>>>rollinTHUNDER

8. Questioner

Questioner New Member

+0
    What makes you think he will come out of the EU? Would he be the British PM? Or the EU president-to-be?

9. john316

john316 Member

+0
    The Antichrist may also be from the Middle East. Or from Russia/ Eastern Europe. At least this is what I remember from my readings.

10. truthseeker

truthseeker New Member

+0
    Before I let you guys know who I think it is; would you answer a few questions? There is much we have been "told" about him, but tell me what you think he will be like based on scripture.

He will destroy many with peace.

His look is stouter than his fellows.

He will be the little horn that looks like a lamb and speaks like a dragon.

Can you help me add to this list?

Happy New Year!!! Peace and Grace to All!

11. rollinTHUNDER

rollinTHUNDER Veteran

+8
    United States
    Protestant
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Hello Questioner,
    The answer can be found in Daniel 7:.....
    In Daniels vision of the Four Beasts we see Four Great Empires. 1st-The Babylonian Empire, 2nd- The Medo-Persian Empire, 3rd- The Greek Empire, 4th-The Roman Empire.
    It is this 4th Empire that will be revived, as 10 (horns) Kings will arise out of this former Empire, and a little horn (Anti-Christ) will rise up after.rollinTHUNDER

12. truthseeker

truthseeker New Member

+0
    Before I let you guys know who I think it is; would you answer a few questions? There is much we have been "told" about him, but tell me what you think he will be like based on scripture.

He will destroy many with peace.

His look is stouter than his fellows.

He will be the little horn that looks like a lamb and speaks like a dragon.

Can you help me add to this list?

Happy New Year!!! Peace and Grace to All!

13. rkbo

rkbo Member

+0
    Oh boy do I ever have to get in on this........I have found out who it is........It's Geraldo Rivera.....or not.

Actualy the term "antichrist" is not even in Revelation. It is the "Beast". You have the first beast, second beast, the image of the beast. You have the Dragon and people worshiping him. You have
    II Th 2:3-4
    3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
    4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
    (KJV)

The "son of perdition" "man of sin" calling himself God. What ever you call him he is a person. This is clear in the contexts of the verses. One thing to note Is that the one beast gives life to the image of the beast. Have you ever seen the star trek episode where they rule "Data" a liveing being in a court of law. Think about it.

14. rollinTHUNDER

rollinTHUNDER Veteran

+8
    United States
    Protestant
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    This is starting to get good now! I think I better let you guys kick this one around a while. Maybe I should hold my tongue (I mean finger)a while too. This got very interesting on another Forum. I think I have this guy pegged. But, I don't want to ruin your suspicions..>>>>>>>rollinTHUNDER

15. mikey

mikey Mikey the Smooth Criminal

+0
    Rollinthunder - do tell! Who do you reckon it could be???

16. MAX

MAX MAXimum POWER!

+0
    Kofi Annan, the Secretary General of the UN?

17. rollinTHUNDER

rollinTHUNDER Veteran

+8
    United States
    Protestant
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    I'll give you one clue.
    It won't be the Pope.
    But, the Pope could possibly be the False Prophet. The Vatican is in Rome.Hmmmmm!
    rollinTHUNDER

18. Yauming

Yauming Member

+1
    Yeah that guy looks rather like Data from Star Trek.

What about a teleevangalist? Does anyone else think that the Beast will come out of the charismatic movement?

The Jones movement led by the pastor "Jones" were part of the charismatic movement. He later claimed to be God.

19. JODI

JODI Well-Known Member

+0
    I HAVE HEARD WE NEED TO KEEP OUR EYES ON SPAIN. REMEMBER THE ANTICHRIST WILL BE PART JEWISH

20. SOS

SOS Member

+1
    Why Spain? And how do we know he will be part-Jewish? Excuse my ignorance. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.