Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Save the planet? LOL We can't save the planet. The planet will do just fine after we kill off ourselves.
This is the only thing I agree with you on. lol, I looked up three sources about where Texas ranked, the latest was 2023.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
China is exempt?
Yes and Russia. Germany is saving the planet by depending on Russia for fossil fuels lol. CC is a world problem not just a country problem. Small part of me thinks with no proof that this war is over the green policies of the West because most of the countries mad are oil producers.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
2023? Isn't that this year? That sounds up to date.

Yet, you did not post them. After all that 'source please' stuff you posted....Sad.
Sad you don't want to educate yourself instead of being manipulated. Take a peak outside your tribal box and you might recognize the manipulation. Peace Out

Upvote 0

Danny&Annie&theChristmas

Nov 11, 2023
Houston
✟2,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes and Russia. Germany is saving the planet by depending on Russia for fossil fuels lol. CC is a world problem not just a country problem. Small part of me thinks with no proof that this war is over the green policies of the West because most of the countries [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]ed off are oil producers.
This carbon business only works in a utopian atmosphere of world peace. In this wars and rumors of wars reality, we can only hope for sporadic adherence to cc controls. Of course taxing people for it will be a constant regardless.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This carbon business only works in a utopian atmosphere of world peace. In this wars and rumors of wars reality, we can only hope for sporadic adherence to cc controls. Of course taxing people for it will be a constant regardless.
Agreed. The government preaches about our pocketbooks but all along drives us to the poor house. Peace.

I guess using slang for "mad" is cursing. Still learning on these forums.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Are you in the poor house? I am not. I guess the government likes me more....
I am glad you are doing well. I say these things not out of selfishness but out of concern for people who are less fortunate than you. Homelessness has gotten worse in the last 30 years and people are struggling to pay bills as we speak.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,281.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I did verify. Most sources say Texas is near the bottom of the list. Why does this bother you? Are you a Texan? Texas being a poor educational state really has nothing to do with actual climate change, but does show that they have no issue avoiding telling students that fossil are not that bad to appease rich oil people in Texas.

As parents, we should want our children's textbooks to be honest and fact-based. We should want them to be up-to-date scientifically, historically, and technologically.

Texas' decisions on textbooks have a wide impact. As one of the largest states who orders the most textbooks, Texas gets priority treatment from publishers, who tailor the textbooks to what their best customers want. Since two very large states, Texas and Florida, are led by luddites and science deniers, children from other states may also be subjected to their warped viewpoints.

Upvote 0

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,273.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Meanwhile the changing climate is teaching Texas a lesson. I hear some people are finding the growing 100+ F days there increasingly unbearable.
I have family members and relatives who live in Texas. In all honesty, they love the weather there. They prefer the Texas weather much better than what northerners have to suffer through with the long and harsh winters in northern states near the Canadian border.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Sad you don't want to educate yourself instead of being manipulated. Take a peak outside your tribal box and you might recognize the manipulation. Peace Out
I am uneducated and manipulated in tribalism because you have not convinced me of anything you have said.

LOL.

PEACE!

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I have family members and relatives who live in Texas. In all honesty, they love the weather there. They prefer the Texas weather much better than what northerners have to suffer through with the long and harsh winters in northern states near the Canadian border.
Those northern winters are getting shorter. But the TX summer is getting longer.

I do get it tho. My mountain state winters are starting to grind on me. I might be aging faster than the climate is changing. But I do think 100+ F days are the worst of all for people who dont like staying indoors with AC all the time

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,335.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Texas adopted standards in 2021 that requires eighth-graders be taught the basics about climate change

The 15-member board rejected seven out of 12 for eighth-graders. The approved textbooks are published by Savvas Learning Company, McGraw Hill, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, Accelerate Learning and Summit K-12.

The rejected textbooks included climate-crisis policy solutions, and conservative board members criticized them for being too negative about fossil fuels – a major industry in the state.

“You want to see children smiling in oilfields?” said Democratic board member Aicha Davis. “I don’t know what you want.”

Also contested was the inclusion of lessons on evolution – the theory addressing the origins of human existence which the scientific community supports and [some] religious groups reject.
Most American textbooks are garbage.
Possibly all.

Upvote 0