Visit site
✟29,046.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
Just saying as per the usual internet malarkey,that ANYONE Can CLAIM Anything Online!

Not one of you can prove that the school you attended after the 1962 Supreme Court decision had MANDATORY prayer! :doh:

You cannot prove that claim.

Yeah, it could be made up. We could all be in cahoots, making up little tidbits of our history for no good reason.

But be realistic; why would we? Why would we lie about innocuous things from 20+ years ago?

No, I can't prove it to you, but I can assure you to the best of my ability (as far as you can accept it) that I did attend school after 1962 in which I and the rest of my class had to say the Lord's Prayer every morning, led by my teacher. It was third grade, if that helps. Of course, like I said, that wasn't in the US, but still, it was post-1962.

Upvote 0

LightHorseman

Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2006
✟10,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
AU-Liberals
Just saying as per the usual internet malarkey,that ANYONE Can CLAIM Anything Online!

Not one of you can prove that the school you attended after the 1962 Supreme Court decision had MANDATORY prayer! :doh:

Was anyone claiming they could "prove" it?

Upvote 0

LightHorseman

Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2006
✟10,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
AU-Liberals
You cannot prove that claim.

Yeah, it could be made up. We could all be in cahoots, making up little tidbits of our history for no good reason.

But be realistic; why would we? Why would we lie about innocuous things from 20+ years ago?

No, I can't prove it to you, but I can assure you to the best of my ability (as far as you can accept it) that I did attend school after 1962 in which I and the rest of my class had to say the Lord's Prayer every morning, led by my teacher. It was third grade, if that helps. Of course, like I said, that wasn't in the US, but still, it was post-1962.
I guess my experience of an Australian GPS (read Anglican) school from 86-93 would just disturb things further?

What does any of this have to do with Texan textbooks, anyway?

Upvote 0

Polycarp1

Born-again Liberal Episcopalian
Sep 4, 2003
USA
✟25,875.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

You might also notice that Skaloop is from Vancouver. Canada has this bad habit of ignoring what the U.S. Supreme Court decrees, y'know?

Reactions: LightHorseman
Upvote 0

Gishin

Apr 25, 2008
Midwest City, Oklahoma
✟6,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I went to school in central Florida, and attended several different ones. All the high schools had a Campus Crusade for Christ, and I know they're a national organization. Has anyone ever heard of a Campus Jihad for Allah, or anything similar?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LightHorseman

Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2006
✟10,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
AU-Liberals
I went to school in central Florida, and attended several different ones. All the high schools had a Campus Crusade for Christ, and I know they're a national organization. Has anyone ever heard of a Campus Jihad for Allah, or anything similar?
Good lord, there really is an organisation called "Campus Crusade for Christ"
Campus Crusade for Christ International

Now, just for funzies, try to imagine the frothing inchoate rage from the rentacrowd if an organisation called "Campus Jihad for Allah" or "Campus Jihad for Mahommed" actualy tried to establish itself anywhere in the US. The mind boggles.

Upvote 0

LightHorseman

Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2006
✟10,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
AU-Liberals
There was also the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, the predominately Christian Boy Scouts... hell my drama group would get together and pray before every play (though I admit that was student led and not teacher led).
I'm... bemused... by the name of the group you highlighted, and the fact that a similar Muslim group with similar name, adjusted for cultural differences would be treated so differently.

Upvote 0

kiwimac

Bishop of the See of Aotearoa ROCCNZ;Theologian
Site Supporter
May 14, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟591,918.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Exiledoomsayer

Only toke me 1 year to work out how to change this
Jan 7, 2010
✟10,237.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Good lord, there really is an organisation called "Campus Crusade for Christ"
Campus Crusade for Christ International

Now, just for funzies, try to imagine the frothing inchoate rage from the rentacrowd if an organisation called "Campus Jihad for Allah" or "Campus Jihad for Mahommed" actualy tried to establish itself anywhere in the US. The mind boggles.

I am so sorry for clicking on that propaganda machine of a website. Excuse me I have to go take a shower or something. Talk about lying for jesus..

On topic,
I would actually think it would be a fun social experiment to have a "Campus Jihad for Allah" to see what would happen, though sadly I do not think most of the fundies would even see the irony before, after and while they are raging.

Upvote 0

LightHorseman

Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2006
✟10,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
AU-Liberals
I am so sorry for clicking on that propaganda machine of a website. Excuse me I have to go take a shower or something. Talk about lying for jesus..

On topic,
I would actually think it would be a fun social experiment to have a "Campus Jihad for Allah" to see what would happen, though sadly I do not think most of the fundies would even see the irony before, after and while they are raging.
Especially fun if you make sure the Jihad for Allah guys only went to the exact same events as the Crusade for Christ guys... then watching the spittle flecked masses try to justify their double standard of lauding one while condemning the other... seriously, you could solve renewable energy with the flip-flopping alone.

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married

And you can't prove that the school we attended didn't have it.

So there. :p

We had Campus Life and the JWs had something too, but I can't remember their name. They had meetings at the schools and they actively recruited at the schools. They were listed as school groups.

Upvote 0