Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Christians have no business in engaging in preventative maintenance, preventative medicine, or preventative anything, do they?
Sure, but if the doctors are making the difference, then they should be the ones getting the credit.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sure, but if the doctors are making the difference, then they should be the ones getting the credit.
My ophthalmologist is a YEC with a successful practice.

Upvote 0

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The above verse AGREES with Science that "every living creature" came forth from Water.
Yes, on day 5.
21 So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living thing with which the water teems and that moves about in it, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.
22 God blessed them and said, “Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the water in the seas, and let the birds increase on the earth.”
23 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fifth day.

If you want to say that these living things evolved over the period of one day, I would agree.

Upvote 0

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And my president is a buffoon with a successful country.
Why is your mind so clouded with hate that you can't generate original rational thought and only repeat the lies told to you by dishonest media?

I disagreed with everything Obama said, but I never showed ignorance by pretending he was a moron.
Love him or hate him, Trump is very intelligent and one of America's most successful businessmen. He is succeeding by de-regulating American industry and letting the wealth producing machine do its thing. Hate the rich all you want, but I've never worked for a poor man.

Unemployment among minorities is nearing an all time low. Who is better for them; politicians who give them someone to hate or businessmen who provide jobs and a means out of the cycle of poverty?

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Yes, on day 5.
21 So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living thing with which the water teems and that moves about in it, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.
22 God blessed them and said, “Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the water in the seas, and let the birds increase on the earth.”
23 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fifth day.

If you want to say that these living things evolved over the period of one day, I would agree.

There is no such thing as evolution since it should be called Godless Evolution because it is nothing more than descent with modifications within His and Their kinds, in a population over time. Godless people dreamed up the false ToE in order to eliminate God from His Own Creation. They also forgot about the flood which totally destroyed Adam's world. Their false ideas are based on willing ignorance. ll Peter 3:3-7

• Winner
Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,097.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
ha ha haAre you comparing a living being to a cell phone? Remember the watchmaker thread?

Well, aren't you guys the ones who claim that life forms and cell phones (and watches) are all things that have been designed by some intelligent entity? Seems a little odd that you'd start complaining that I'm comparing them now.

But to answer your question: YES.

So the phone becomes mature...

... but didn't start as immature.

Funny...

If my phone becomes mature, but didn't start out as immature, then what did it start out as?

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Why is your mind so clouded with hate that you can't generate original rational thought and only repeat the lies told to you by dishonest media?

-_- I conclude Trump is an arrogant buffoon by his Twitter posts alone. What competent leader would respond to a nuclear threat from another country by stating "my nuke button is bigger and actually works" on social media? I couldn't defend this guy if I tried my hardest to do so, not because of bias, but because of how obvious of a bad job he's doing. It'd be like holding up a black piece of paper and arguing that it was white; it simply isn't.

I disagreed with everything Obama said, but I never showed ignorance by pretending he was a moron.
Love him or hate him, Trump is very intelligent and one of America's most successful businessmen. He is succeeding by de-regulating American industry and letting the wealth producing machine do its thing. Hate the rich all you want, but I've never worked for a poor man.
I don't hate the rich, but I can tell when a tax plan hurts the 99%. For example, the tax bill made it so that the teaching assistants at my college are in huge trouble. Their "pay" was always free tuition, and now it becomes taxable income they can't possibly afford to pay taxes on, because they never see any of that as actual money in their bank accounts.

Even if Trump was the most brilliant businessman that ever lived and ever will live, that wouldn't make him a good fit as a president of a country. A competent Republican president would have been able to entirely reshape healthcare, etc, by now, since there is a Republican majority in congress. Trump didn't even have a list prepared of people he wanted for his cabinet when he won, and now his cabinet is a rotating door.

Unemployment among minorities is nearing an all time low. Who is better for them; politicians who give them someone to hate or businessmen who provide jobs and a means out of the cycle of poverty?
How is it a means out of the cycle of poverty if all those jobs they are getting are minimum wage, which hasn't been a livable wage for decades? Plus, what of the fact that while most positions haven't had wages change all that much when inflation is taken into account, the position of CEO in general has had extreme pay increases? In order for the general population to experience the benefits of a booming economy, shouldn't there be a limit on how much more a CEO can make than their lowest paid worker? That way, when a business is doing well and isn't entirely reinvesting profits, all employees would benefit from the success that they contributed to.

And what about getting rid of common ways the wealthy dodge taxes, such as taking advantage of the fact that art appraisals are arbitrary to pay, say, $10,000 for a painting that they later have appraised at $100,000 and donate it to make it a tax write off? Heck, Donald Trump himself does something similar in real estate; since he can both buy real estate and state what value property has, he can simply say that the value of the property has dropped and mark the loss on his income to give the impression that he hasn't made any money. Even if you want to argue that he hasn't done that, plenty of wealthy people do take advantage of it, and these loopholes remove a significant portion of funding that should be going to schools, roads, etc. When the top 1% collectively makes more than the bottom 50%, that makes the actions of a relatively small number of people have a huge impact on a country's ability to maintain itself.

Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AnotherAtheist

Gimmie dat ol' time physical evidence
Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2007
East Midlands
✟123,826.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Creation seems so clear in Genesis. Why do people invent non-literal theories? Peer pressure maybe?

Because the literal account has been soundly disproven by all the conflicting evidence. So, people try to adapt the theory to match reality.

Upvote 0

AnotherAtheist

Gimmie dat ol' time physical evidence
Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2007
East Midlands
✟123,826.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
There is no such thing as evolution since it should be called Godless Evolution because it is nothing more than descent with modifications within His and Their kinds, in a population over time. Godless people dreamed up the false ToE in order to eliminate God from His Own Creation. They also forgot about the flood which totally destroyed Adam's world. Their false ideas are based on willing ignorance. ll Peter 3:3-7

You can't have willing ignorance until you have some evidence to ignore. Hence, there can be no willing ignorance of God.

• Agree
Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Because the literal account has been soundly disproven by all the conflicting evidence. So, people try to adapt the theory to match reality.
It doesn't even match the underlying Hebrew of the text all that well.

Upvote 0

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Creation isn't a theory, otherwise we can't be sure of our existence.

Reactions: HitchSlap
Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
You can't have willing ignorance until you have some evidence to ignore. Hence, there can be no willing ignorance of God.

False. One is "willingly ignorant" of a certainty happening ONLY if he is told of the impending disaster first. That means that someone is going to have to tell him...and then he has the choice to believe them or NOT. He no longer is ignorant but he chooses to be "willingly ignorant" that Adams entire Universe was totally destroyed in the flood AND that our Universe will be burned as 2 Peter 3:3-7 states.

From now, to the end, you can no longer be innocent since you have now been told. You fit into the category of people of the last days, who are "willingly ignorant" or not. God Bless you

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
He means Humans don't just pop into being out of nothing as Godless Evolution preaches.

But that has nothing to do with what he was saying.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.