Taking Questions on Creationism

Status
Not open for further replies.

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Then get [back] in the program and show us how to do it.

Quit cursing the dark and light a candle.

I don't curse the dark, I mock it.

As Ben Franklin said, "God helps those who help themselves."

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
As Ben Franklin said, "God helps those who help themselves."
Ya ... he's that brainiac who pretended he was a lightning rod in a thunderstorm, wasn't he?

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Not my version, it's one of probably hundreds of versions that are actually the true versions, just ask their Christian followers, they'll tell you so. Why should anyone accept yours as any more correct over theirs? You simply don't have a convincing case.

I agree IF that's all I have but it's not. God's Truth AGREES in every way with every discovery of Science and History. Read on....

Are you telling me that God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are a single-celled microbe that 'they' modelled the source of all life forms on this planet from (i.e. as you say: "after Their (Trinity) kind")? You make much less sense every time you write something. Then of course you have to explain why Birds, and in later verses, all the Beasts are also modelled off "His (Jesus) kind" seperately, which might indicate you think Jesus either flies, and/or walks on all fours before assuming human form? Could you explain?

Of course not. God is an invisible Spirit and manifests Himself as the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Their kind is made like a born again Christian, and made an invisible Spirit, an immortal Spirit, inside mankind. Jesus made the birds and beasts from the ground on the 6th Day and Adam named them. Gen 2:19 They are the "common ancestors" since they are temporary and subject to death. God's (Trinity's) creation of birds and cattle is an Eternal Creation since they will be in Heaven forever Gen 1:21 with Him. Their kind is Eternal and His kind is temporal. Amen?

Why not? Firstly, I don't think it is scientifically true, so there's a big tell-tale sign right there. Secondly, even if you're right about it being a 'scientific Truth' (I'm FAR from conceding this point, along with many more Christians than not too, I imagine), then the fact that there's way more believers of even the KJV that don't accept your interpretations would have to indicate the lack of clarity and meaning that a God would surely have. If men had written it, then this difference in ways to interpret these passages (like every other passage in the Bible) is easily explained, so on the available facts (that there's thousands of different Christian denominations, all believeing different things based on their reading of the same texts), it'd have to have been written by men. You fail yet again.

False, since it doesn't matter what one believes but instead, whether one is born again Spiritually by God the Father, Who gives us Salvation as a Gift of God and that Faith, not of works, lest arrogant mankind take the credit to himself. Eph 2:8

There's no 'scientific Truth' in this verse. Unless you believe 'they (Trinity)' are microbial, of course.

Tell us which ancient theologian knew that all life came from water 3k years ago, including Whales Birds and every other creature. You cannot.

Do you agree that even your special (KJV) translation of the Bible at Genesis 1:28 says "And God blessed them, and God said unto them, ..." - i.e. Past Tense! This has already happened, so you are wrong here too (what a surprise! :| ) - it doesn't say "And God shall bless them, and God shall say unto them, ..." now, does it?? You have REINTERPRETED your scripture to mean something other than what it actually says.

False accusation since the Hebrew tenses are not the same as English tenses. The verses are written in Hebrew imperfect tense, which means the actions continue. God is STILL creating, blessing, etc and He will continue to change sinners into sons of God until Heaven is filled at the end of the present 6th Day/Age in the creation of the perfect 3rd Heaven. That WHY God tell us to Study to show ourselves approved unto Him. Check it out.

And there's no evidence it can happen at the drop of a hat either. That you keep insisting that unevidenced things 'will' happen, doesn't mean it's possible. Come back when you have evidence.

Already have and so far, I have seen no refute to my view that Gen 1:28-31 is prophecy since it is. The end of the present 6th Day is future. The scientific Fact that God told us the specific testable scientific Truth in Genesis, more than 3k years ago, refutes all other views. IMO

So, all up, I got out of this conversation that you do HEAPS of reinterpreting, mixing up the order of events in the Bible to suit a narrative that You Personally want to be True. When critically examined, it just doesn't stack up I'm afraid...

Then refute it either Scripturally, Scientifically or Historically. Many have tried but none has been able to prove God wrong. Most run away and hide in the bushes, waiting for another evolution follower to refute God's Truth. I was hoping you could get at least a few things correct, but I suppose that's too much to ask. God Bless you

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Ya ... he's that brainiac who pretended he was a lightning rod in a thunderstorm, wasn't he?

No, he was the brainiac who got criticized by the church for taking God's divine power of lightning punishment away from Him.

You know, AV -- your willful ignorance has actually prevented you from delivering a proper insult.

Upvote 0

doubtingmerle

I'll think about it.
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2003
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟467,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
No, he was the brainiac who got criticized by the church for taking God's divine power of lightning punishment away from Him.

You know, AV -- your willful ignorance has actually prevented you from delivering a proper insult.
And as a living testament that science is better than religion, we put lightning rods on top of crosses on steeples.

ubc4.jpg

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And as a living testament that science is better than religion, we put lightning rods on top of crosses on steeples.
Steeples? You mean those things that attest to God's existence?

Upvote 0

doubtingmerle

I'll think about it.
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2003
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟467,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Steeples? You mean those things that attest to God's existence?
Lightning rods? You mean those things we put on steeples that attest to science?

Upvote 0

doubtingmerle

I'll think about it.
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2003
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟467,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If lightning rods attest to science, steeples attest to ___?
...whatever it is that is second in priority when it comes to lightning protection?

• Haha
Reactions: Bugeyedcreepy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
...whatever it is that is second in priority when it comes to lightning protection?

Well, something has to protect those steeples from lightning strikes... whatever they allegedly attest to ain't it.

• Agree
Reactions: Bugeyedcreepy
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, something has to protect those steeples from lightning strikes... whatever they allegedly attest to ain't it.
Christians have no business in engaging in preventative maintenance, preventative medicine, or preventative anything, do they?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Christians have no business in engaging in preventative maintenance, preventative medicine, or preventative anything, do they?

Don't be (more) ridiculous! As long as there are Christians who are anti-science and believe that God uses "natural" disasters to express His judgement/displeasure upon the people, they can be as hypocritical as they please.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
@AV1611VET -- I know it's been a while (not that you'd complain), but I'd like to circle back to this regarding Adam and Eve:

I'm asking if that "maturity" included an embedded education.

You mean, as opposed to Paul, who, after getting saved, went to Arabia and was personally tutored by Jesus Christ?

If you like...

yes or no will do.

I suppose so.

The word "educated" always gives me red flags; but I'll go with YES and see where it leads.

Just so we're clear: God embedded His definitions of "good" and "evil" directly into them at the time of their creation, correct?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Just so we're clear: God embedded His definitions of "good" and "evil" directly into them at the time of their creation, correct?
Adam & Eve were created mature without history.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Adam & Eve were created mature without history.

Which means that whatever was in their minds -- including their moral "education" (I know you hate that word, but bear with me) -- was embedded by God, without anything actually happening to them, correct?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Can you define "mature" for us?
Ready.

Ready to do what was expected of him.

Adam was given a job (horticulture), a task (zoology), a wife (Eve), and the legal title to the Earth.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟301,750.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Ready.

Ready to do what was expected of him.

Adam was given a job (horticulture), a task (zoology), a wife (Eve), and the legal title to the Earth.

lol.

So when I upgraded my phone a few weeks ago, and I completed the set up process, signing in with my Google account and Samsung account, and downloading the apps and transferring the contacts across and setting the time zone and all that stuff, my phone became mature?

And before that, was my phone immature?

Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
ha ha ha
Kylie said:
So when I upgraded my phone a few weeks ago, and I completed the set up process, signing in with my Google account and Samsung account, and downloading the apps and transferring the contacts across and setting the time zone and all that stuff, my phone became mature?
Are you comparing a living being to a cell phone? Remember the watchmaker thread?

But to answer your question: YES.
Kylie said:
And before that, was my phone immature?
No.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.