Support building the third temple in Jerusalem?

lazyservantofYahweh

Oct 1, 2019
National Park
✟3,623.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For "jehovah" which comes from the scribal lie, "yehowah", see how the root of this ancient Hebrew word is "howah", which means ruin, from Strong's Concordance 1943
Strong's Hebrew: 1943. הֹוָה (hovah) -- a ruin, disaster

Concerning "jesus" aside from how it adds up to 666 cxv greek, as it reads "XeZuS", it is a transliteration of "zeus" in most pronunciations of it, such as in Spanish. Moreover, in "John" (Yâhuwchânâ´n) 5:43, Yahuwshua explained how He came by the name of the Father, but they (the Pharisees) rejected him. Now legalistic ones (who believe they do not need His name) call on their own name to be justified, even after being informed that "jesus" was never His name, and never contained the name of the Father. See the scripture and notes below, from the Purer Scriptures for the REMNANT translation.

43. I have come by the name of My Father[1] [Songs 118: 26], yet ye do not accept Me; whenever another might come by his own name[2], that one then ye will receive!

[1] Yâhuw-shúa`: Yâ´huw is the name Yâ-hwéh in the preterit, or jussive conjugation of that Verb. –shúa` means “saved”. So Yâhuw-shúa` means “Yâ-hwéh is deliverance/wealth” for He shall deliver His people from their errors (Matt. 1: 21).

[2] “Jesus”, when pronounced as a Spanish-English \xey-zoós\, is spelled in transliterated `Ivríyth (Hebrew) “Chëzúç”, and does have a meaning in `Ivríyth (Hebrew): “Vision of Zeus”. Zeus, identified by Yâhuwshúa` as the adversary (see Disclosure 2: 13) is the chief demon of the Greeks. Another shall come by his own name, and that anointed of the Lie will be the Abomination (Idol) of the Desolation (Christianity as Tsiyyówn), and it is foretold that he will be accepted by the “Yehuwthím” (Mal. 2:11, Dan. 11:23-24).

Upvote 0

Resha Caner

Expert Fool
Sep 16, 2010
✟155,600.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
BINGO!

I have to confess I see it as apocalyptic too. From the Christian standpoint it is an empty gesture, although I believe it does fulfill an outstanding prophesy or two. But it is Israel being deceived and looking for redemption in all the wrong places, (prior to being attacked by the anti-Christ and being forced to call upon Christ for deliverance).

At the very least, it would prompt a massive amount of bloodshed. I sometimes wonder if there are people who want that as well.

Upvote 0

Lyrasong

Oct 3, 2012
✟16,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
As others have stated, it is not our place to push for the rebuilding of the Temple, even if we believe it to be part of the Lord’s plan. But we can and should pray for the peace of Jerusalem, and for the Jewish people.

From what I understand, the Temple Institute and perhaps other Jewish groups are preparing to rebuild.

Reactions: ralliann
Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
The 'Real' Temple was destroyed. But rose again after 3 days!
Yeah um.. maybe a metaphor but the Man of Lawlessness, the Son of Perdition, the Antichrist is not going to be defiling THAT temple.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Concerning "jesus" aside from how it adds up to 666 cxv greek, as it reads "XeZuS", it is a transliteration of "zeus" in most pronunciations of it, such as in Spanish.

This is nonsensical, and it is false.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

TLSITD

Conservative Christian
Apr 26, 2020
Tennessee
✟22,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Friends,

I get the impression that many believers support the building of the Third Jewish Temple in Jerusalem.

Maybe they think this hastens the second coming?

As our bodies are now His temple for the Presence of God, why rebuild what He desecrated and destroyed?

Folks anxiously wait for the sacrifices to begin again yet the One Sacrifice has been made.

Jesus in His day, described the Jewish place of worship as the Synagog of Satan in Rev 3:9 - do we want a repeat of this???

What is going on?
The temple of God is His church (built of living stones, both Jew and Gentile, of which Jesus Christ, who the Jewish people still reject as their Messiah, is the Cornerstone) and the bodies of His saints. God was the one who forsook and ordained the razing of the temple in Jerusalem for the Jewish people's rejection of His Son. He built Himself a new temple in the church---the spiritual reality and perfection of what the old temple and its rituals and ceremonies represented.

If and when another temple is built in Jerusalem, it will be for the worship of the antichrist---who the non-elect Jews will receive as their messiah and king---not the worship of God.

The idea that constructing a physical temple in Jerusalem will compel or hasten the return of the Lord is man-made nonsense, and those who believe it are deceived.

• Agree
Reactions: Vanellus
Upvote 0

GreekOrthodox

Psalti Chrysostom
Oct 25, 2010
Yorktown VA
✟176,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
You very obviously do not know what you are talking about. "hovah" as nothing to do with HaShem in that context...it is "hayah hoveh yihyeh"

Have fun arguing with anyone who is from the Sacred Name cult...

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
The Sanhedrin was not made up of priests. The majority of judges were actually Pharisees. The priests were of the tribe of Levi and were either entirely, or nearly so, Sadducees. In Judaism there was only one "chief priest", the High Priest, and he was a Sadducee and a Levite. He was also the personal appointment of the Roman governor and perhaps the most hated person in Judea. Your entire post indicates an almost complete misunderstanding of the political and religious realities of first century Judaism.
Yes, that is why I think many rabbis do not want the temple rebuilt. It threatens their authority. The Sanhedrin had to agree on a thing for it to be law. In other words the Pharisees and Sadducees had to agree, apart from agreement these were just disputable matters. Since the destruction of the temple the sect of the Pharisees have been running the show so to speak.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟475,582.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
That's OK... I cannot prove it.

I have read about it.

But, again, if Israel had it.. they are certainly not going to let anyone know it.. and.. God will probably not let them reveal it until the time is right.

Israel is not going to go around shouting "we found the ark".

If I was a betting man.. I would say that they have it..

If I were a betting man, which I am not, despite living in a city where much of the economy is derived from gambling, I would bet the Ethiopians have it. Their claim to posession of the ark and the history of how they obtained it strikes me as being the most credible explanation (and it also answers the otherwise bewildering question as to how Ethiopia, an African country, wound up with a massive Jewish population, the Beta Israel, which although largely relocated to Israel owing to a threat of genocide under the communist Derg regime which murdered Emperor Haile Selassie, the last Emperor of the Solomonic Dynasty, continues to worship using ancient rites, presided over by Levites and Kohanim, attired in a manner similiar to Ethiopian Orthodox Christian deacons and priests, which differ from the Ethiopian Orthodox Christian liturgy chiefly in that animal sacrifices are used instead of the Eucharist).

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟475,582.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
Can't hurt to remember what happened the last time anyone tried to rebuild the temple, in the 4th century AD under Julian the Apostate

This is a good point.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟475,582.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
One verse? Usually, pastors, will find three places in the scripture to support one other... This is to avoid context problems.

Do you have support texts?

Even three verses runs the risk of eisegesis, which is why I prefer to rest primarily upon the comprehensive exegesis of the scriptures dating back to the Patristic era, with a slight preference for the typological-allegorical Alexandrian approach to the historical-literal Antiochene approach (which we see well reconciled in the works of the most important and balanced Alexandrian and Antiochian theologians, namely Athanasius and John Chrysostom).

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟475,582.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
Christians have been greatly deceived about the Jews. One of our biggest misconceptions is that the torah and tanach (the old testament) is their primary religious scripture. This is completely false. Their primary religious text is the talmud. The talmud says that Jesus is burning in excrement for eternity for his sins. It claims that Mary was a harlot and Jesus is the bastard son of a roman soldier named Pantera. The pentateuch also allows pedophilia, the worship of moloch, and it classifies all non-jews as animals.

Another misconception is the wrong assumption that modern jews are related to the children of Israel. They aren't. Their ancestry is in Turkey, not Israel. They speak yiddish, not hebrew, and their scripture is the talmud, not the torah. The people that want to build a third temple want to build a temple to a God other than the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

By the time Jesus lives the children of Israel were a minority in their own country. When they were shipped off to slavery in Babylon, their former territory was filled by all the enemy tribes God had previously commanded them to kill. The word "Jew" was a description of a nationality, not a race. It was the same as "American" now. The Macabees (of whom Herod was from) were edomites that took over Israel and cruelly slaughtered the Jews. Herod, when he heard that the messiah had been born sent out soldiers to kill all male children. This is because Herod knew that the children of Israel and the jews were two different groups of people- he was a jew, and he never wanted the children of Israel to escape his rule, so he attempted to kill their messiah to prevent a challenge to his power.

The modern state of Israel is a satanic abomination. There is no prophecy in the bible that says the children of israel will regain their nation without the arrival of the messiah. Israel is just a hiding place for international thieves.

I’m sorry, but this is just completely wrong, and anti-Semitic. Most Jews today do not speak Yiddish, and those who did historically were the Ashkenazi Jews, who lived within German speaking areas of Europe. Yiddish is simply a dialect of German, written using Hebrew (technically Imperial Aramaic) letters, and featuring a large number of Hebraic and Aramaic loanwords.

Aramaic was the lingua franca of Judaism, in which the Talmud was written, and which was used from well before the time of Christ, until the past few centuries when various vernacular languages specific to the different regions Jews lived in (for example, Yiddish for the German Jews, Arabic for the Yemeni Jews, Greek for the Romaniote Jews, Ge’ez and Amharic for the Ethiopian Jews, and an assortment of languages, such as Dutch and English, for the Sephardic Jews, after they along with the Muslims were forced to emigrate from Spain).

As far as what you have to say about the Maccabees, its entirely false and at odds with how the Christian Church historically interpreted those books (and also contrary to the recorded history of what actually happened).

Your account also ignores, among other things, the Karaite Jews who reject the Talmud, the Samaritans, who claim descent from Ephraim and Manessah, the Beta Israel, the Kochin Jews of India, the historic persecution of Jews in Turkey, and quite a lot else.

Lastly, the Pentateuch is sacred scripture in the Christian Church and always has been (Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy not only tell the story of creation, but are a metaphor for our own spiritual journey in this life to salvation, and are filled with Christological prophecy).

dispensationalism is a heresy that subverted Christianity. Under dispensationalism, God does different things in different ages. Under this scheme, God's truth is not eternal, it's just a product of the times, each age holds its own truth to find- this is the exact same belief held by postmodernism. DL Moody and Cyrus Scofeild are responsible for the creation of dispensationalism and the worship of the jewish people and their nation. Scofeild was a freemason, his reference bible even has the freemason symbolism of the point within a circle on the front cover. Scofeild was of notoriously low character, abandoning families, blackmailing his wife, etc. Dispensationalism was created during the period when John D Rockefeller JR. took over Western education (circa 1910-1940), created the social sciences, and set about gaining ownership of every societal institution responsible for shaping thought and opinions- Christianity was foremost among those institutions at the time. Today Christianity is dying out because Christians no longer set their own morality, the television tells Christians what morality they should have.

Regardless of one’s opinion on Dispensationalism (I personally reject it), there is nothing to support your claims regarding Rockefeller, and you ignore the growing irrelevance of television.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
If I were a betting man, which I am not, despite living in a city where much of the economy is derived from gambling, I would bet the Ethiopians have it. Their claim to posession of the ark and the history of how they obtained it strikes me as being the most credible explanation (and it also answers the otherwise bewildering question as to how Ethiopia, an African country, wound up with a massive Jewish population, the Beta Israel, which although largely relocated to Israel owing to a threat of genocide under the communist Derg regime which murdered Emperor Haile Selassie, the last Emperor of the Solomonic Dynasty, continues to worship using ancient rites, presided over by Levites and Kohanim, attired in a manner similiar to Ethiopian Orthodox Christian deacons and priests, which differ from the Ethiopian Orthodox Christian liturgy chiefly in that animal sacrifices are used instead of the Eucharist).
I have heard that the Ethiopians claim to have it. I have also saw a documentary on Ron Wyatt. He claimed that he found the ark in a cavernous room under the very place where Christ was crucified.

Now, many will claim to ruin the name of Ron Wyatt... however, I believe he was a strong Christian and very truthful. The internet can paint you pretty badly real fast if you get people angry. It's pretty easy to ruin someone's life work.

All I know is that today.. Truth doesn't matter.... It's the appearance of truth that rules.... We must be careful and be sure it is real truth and not the "appearance of truth" that we believe.

Upvote 0