• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Featured Support building the third temple in Jerusalem?

Discussion in 'Christian History' started by Carl Emerson, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Carl Emerson

Carl Emerson Well-Known Member

+4,286
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    Friends,

I get the impression that many believers support the building of the Third Jewish Temple in Jerusalem.

Maybe they think this hastens the second coming?

As our bodies are now His temple for the Presence of God, why rebuild what He desecrated and destroyed?

Folks anxiously wait for the sacrifices to begin again yet the One Sacrifice has been made.

Jesus in His day, described the Jewish place of worship as the Synagog of Satan in Rev 3:9 - do we want a repeat of this???

What is going on?

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. JackRT

JackRT Well-Known Member Supporter

+15,967
    Canada
    Unorthodox
    Married
    As Christians it is none of our business. Aside from that, the more we meddle in the Mideast the worse we make things.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  3. Curtis.Hilliker

Curtis.Hilliker Now what.......

+648
    United States
    Charismatic
    Engaged
    US-Others
    Isn’t it going to happen eventually anyway? Maybe my theology and understanding stinks I dunno....

4. jasonMalloy1999

jasonMalloy1999 Well-Known Member

+359
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    i was once told once the temples been built the end will happen

5. Charlie24

Charlie24 Newbie Supporter

+948
    Baptist
    Single
    Doesn't matter if we are for it or against it. It's part of what must happen for Gods plan to come full circle, that being, "all Israel will be saved."

6. Aussie Pete

Aussie Pete Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,819
    Australia
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    Many Christians believe that the rebuilding of the physical temple is prophesied by Amos and Isaiah. Personally, I think the third and last temple is the Body of Christ, the "living stones".

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. Pavel Mosko

Pavel Mosko Arch-Dude of the Apostolic Supporter

+2,350
    United States
    Oriental Orthodox
    Single
    BINGO!

I have to confess I see it as apocalyptic too. From the Christian standpoint it is an empty gesture, although I believe it does fulfill an outstanding prophesy or two. But it is Israel being deceived and looking for redemption in all the wrong places, (prior to being attacked by the anti-Christ and being forced to call upon Christ for deliverance).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. Charlie24

Charlie24 Newbie Supporter

+948
    Baptist
    Single
    I see it the same way.

John 5:43
    I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. jasonMalloy1999

+359
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    so the world will end when the temples built i dont thinks it will as jesus said he will come at a time nobody will know and also noone knows the end jesus doesnt even know jut the father knows and we are expecting it to happen after the temples built idk

10. Pavel Mosko

+2,350
    United States
    Oriental Orthodox
    Single

Matthew 16:1-4

The Pharisees and Sadducees came to Jesus. They wanted to test Jesus. So they asked Jesus to show them a miracle to prove that he was from God. Jesus answered, "When you people see the sunset, you know what the weather will be. If the sky is red, then you say we will have good weather. And in the morning you watch the sunrise. If the sky is dark and red, then you say that it will be a rainy day. These things are signs of the weather. You see these signs in the sky and you know what they mean. In the same way, you see the things that are happening now. These things are also signs. But you don't know the meaning of these signs. Evil and sinful people are the kind of people that want a miracle for a sign (proof). But those people will have no sign—only the sign of Jonah." Then Jesus left that place and went away.

JOHN 4:35
    Don’t you have a saying, ‘It’s still four months until harvest’? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest.

The Sons of Isaachar are commended for knowing the times and the seasons, 1 Chronicles 12:32

"...3. Jeremiah’s Instruction to the Exiles
    Another important plot point in the Old Testament comes during the time of exile. Of particular relevance is the prophet Jeremiah’s response to the reality of God’s people being taken from their homeland (Jeremiah 27-29). In his letter, he encourages God’s people to interpret their circumstances within the sovereign plan of God and his unfailing purposes for Israel.

Notice how Jeremiah’s leadership (expressed in commands) is tied to his prior statements about God’s overarching plan and Israel’s greater story. Derek Kidner summarizes this remarkable letter:

“Notice the starting point, that God has sent these exiles to Babylon. At the very least, then, they should accept the situation; but God has little use for grudging attitudes. What emerges in the call to them in verses 5-7 is gloriously positive: a liberation from the paralyzing sullenness of inertia and self-pity, into doing, for a start, what comes to hand and makes for growth, but above all what makes for peace.”

This section of Scripture is important for seeing how leadership involves “understanding the times” since the apostle Peter later drew upon this theme of “exiles” and “sojourners” as he exhorted the early Christians to live in holiness, with honor, and in full submission during times of persecution (1 Peter 2)."

3 Old Testament Examples of Knowing "What Time It Is"

We do not know the exact day, hour etc. Christ will come etc. ; because, God does not want us to become lazy or complacent with such knowledge, but that does not mean we should not look for signs of the times we live in etc. because that is a source of courage and comfort! This is after all one of the big reasons God gave prophesy in the first place!

Amos 3:7
    7Surely the Lord GOD does nothing without revealing His plan to His servants the prophets.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  11. jasonMalloy1999

+359
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    so after the temples bult the word ends

12. Pavel Mosko

+2,350
    United States
    Oriental Orthodox
    Single
    lol it could take a few years, maybe more.

13. jasonMalloy1999

+359
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    idk i just believe the temple is a cool thing but i believe jesus will arrive when the father tells him to for all we know he could arrive in ten minutes from now

14. Going_Nowhere

Going_Nowhere Member

+354
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    "If you build it, he will come." ;)

15. jasonMalloy1999

+359
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    dont think so

16. Ricky M

Ricky M Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,304
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Isn't it the Jews who are supposed to build the third temple ... you know, the people who rejected Him as their temple?

17. Ricky M

+1,304
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Actually Jesus said we will know the season, but not the time. So while we won't get an exact date, we will know when it is near.

18. Ricky M

+1,304
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    The AGE ends. Not the world. And not immediately.

19. Ricky M

+1,304
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Jesus told the arrogant farmer God would come for him that very night.

20. jasonMalloy1999

+359
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    is this the season then im gonna be honest im scared as crap lol i cant help it but i wanna grow old get married have a child or 2 i dont wanna die young