"Stuff"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SecretOfFatima

Our Lady of Fatima: Song of Solomon 6:10 (NIV)
Oct 21, 2005
Visit site
✟10,438.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The Holy Rosary!

When we pray the Holy Rosary we use words from the Bible which we believe have been inspired by GOD to meditate in the life of Christ, and that in turn help us become better people as we try to imitate Christ in our spiritual journey and grow deeper in our faith, we also believe our Lady (the Blessed Virgin Mary) is full of Grace (GOD teached us that in the Holy Bible when the Angel meet our lady for the first time), so we believe she can interced for us with our petitions, we sinners are not worthy to be in the presence of GOD, but Saints already are in the presence of the Living GOD. I would say most Catholics would be able to give a testmony of such graces that GOD has granted us through our Lady. I believe this tradition originates from the apparitions of our Lady in Lourdes in France. Bernardette body is still incorrupt today.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=F7uPLx8PM8c

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qi9_sASaMd8

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=DdU9SMNfodM

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FZ2eKC2q4VE

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=p87sWL4Zh7o

Upvote 0

rahma

FUNdamentalist
Jan 15, 2004
between a frozen wastelan and a wast desert
Visit site
✟16,435.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The religious related "stuff" I couldn't do without. Ok, I suppose I could do without this stuff, but I wouldn't be happy about it :D

saheezipsm.jpg

My pocket Qur'an. Fits nicely into my purse or backpack, so I can always pull it out for quick reference.

100_0988.jpg

My misbaha, aka tasbih, aka prayer beads. I redid the tassels myself - before they were this dull brown color and now they're all happy and blue. Used to make dhikr, rememberance of God. Some muslims use their fingers to count, but when you're doing the Latifiyya (aka 1000 repetitions of Ya Latif, Oh Subtle/Inexepressible/Unfathomable one), it can get hard to keep track using just your fingers.

New%20205.JPG

Prayer rugs. I have 2 - one normal sized one for home, and one child sized one that I carry in my purse. Provides a clean place to prostrate during salat (ritual prayers)

images

My beloved ipod, chock full of quran, islamic lectures and dars (traditional lessons).

Upvote 0

Monica child of God 1

strives to live eschatologically
Feb 4, 2005
✟9,473.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
000748.gif

A prayerbook. This is the Jordanville prayerbook containing the standard for Russian Orthodoxy. It has Morning and Evening prayers plus prayers for throughout the day. It also contains prayer services for particular needs. Love it.

The psalter. The prayer book contains psalms for daily prayers but the psalter itself can be chanted. An Orthodox version has hymns interspersed at intervals.

An abbreviated menaion. It gives the daily commemorations and hymns.

The Bible. Love it.

roap.jpg

A prayer rope or chotki for praying the Jesus prayer. I use my fingers if I forget mine.

6_big.jpg

Icons. They draw the viewer into eternal truths. We call them windows into heaven.

Candles

Incense

There other things like blessed water and oil that are useful for worship. I keep all of these things in my little prayer corner.

M.

Upvote 0

français

Atheist/CA-Bloc Québécois/US-Democrat
Oct 2, 2006
Montréal, Québec
✟21,764.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Bloc
Brings back memories of me being Catholic just a few months ago!

Anyways, I still have religious "stuff" but I do not use them on a daily basis anymore. But as a Catholic, these were my main things..

bibleandall.jpg

On the left is my Catechism, which I used to read every day. It sets the foundation for any Catholic life. I open it now about once a week and read a few pages here and there.

The blue book is my Catholic Devotional, aka prayer book. nice little book!

The blue beads with the cross is my rosary. I love the Rosary, and really do miss praying it. I used to feel at such peace when praying it! Anyways, I have always loved my rosary. It is sooo beautiful!!

And then the book under the Rosary, is obviously my Bible! New American Bible with foot notes. I have several Bible's, but this is the one I read all the time. It has excellent, and honest footnotes that do not spread conservative views and all. I read the Bible about twice a week now, but as a Christian I would read it from 10:00-11:00, then Catechism for 30 minutes, then Rosary.

Now days, instead of reading the Bible as much and all that, I have been studying religious issues on an independent level and have been taking notes!
010308_0130.jpg

Reactions: Black_Ivy
Upvote 0

sidhe

Seemly Unseelie
Sep 27, 2004
Couldharbour
✟27,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
No pictures from me, just a list:

Liber AL vel Legis, aka "The Book of the Law": Thelemic sourcebook for everything. I've got the hardback 100th anniversary edition. Every copy (hardback or paperback) comes with a holograph of the original manuscript, which is pretty cool. :)

Other Crowley writings: I've got bunches on my computer, and a hard copy of Liber Aleph, which is an elaborate commentary on Liber AL.

Thoth Tarot Deck: Actually, I lost mine when I moved a year ago. I haven't had the chance to go buy a new one yet, but I may this weekend. But it's a divinatory tool, a qabalistic study guide, a portable altar, and (theoretically) an interesting game of solitaire all wrapped up in a box.

Other Writings: I've got some Lon Milo Duquette, Randy Orpheus, A. O. Spare (not a Thelemite, but a great magician), alternate commentaries on Liber AL, and some other stuff too.

My Magickal Diary: is very badly maintained. I make notes in my head that never make it into the diary. But they stay in my head, so that counts for something.

My Computer: What I don't know, I can research with the help of Teh Intarwebz.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sur

Jun 12, 2007
Visit site
✟9,419.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
I try to keep;
*Allah in my heart.
*Prophet Muhammad(saww) in my deeds.
*Quran & Hadees books for guidence.(I read tafseers but don't believe in them blindly.)
*Finger pulps for tasbeeh counting.
*Any clean place on face of the earth as my prayer rug.

Grey matter. The most important stuff to have. :)

eudaimonia,

Mark

Of no use without white matter :) so cherish that too, will u.

Upvote 0

oneofthem

Oct 16, 2006
Australia
✟8,752.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Certainly my bible. I used to feel really spiritual when i'd read through chunks of the OT with my hilighters. Tee hee! That was my NIV study bible, it was chunky and it's falling apart now. Now i just have a smaller one, but i would like to get another study one. I found it really helpful and it really helped me draw deeper into the scriptures.

This is a bit off topic, but i saw a really ugly ornament once. It was this square prism-type crystal, with this hologram in the middle of the virgin Mary. And it sat on this little podium thing, and when you pushed the button, it would light up with all these flouro colours. It was hideous, and almost insulting to any faith that has regard for the virgin Mary.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Monica child of God 1

strives to live eschatologically
Feb 4, 2005
✟9,473.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
000748.gif

A prayerbook. This is the Jordanville prayerbook containing the standard for Russian Orthodoxy. It has Morning and Evening prayers plus prayers for throughout the day. It also contains prayer services for particular needs. Love it.

The psalter. The prayer book contains psalms for daily prayers but the psalter itself can be chanted. An Orthodox version has hymns interspersed at intervals.

An abbreviated menaion. It gives the daily commemorations and hymns.

The Bible. Love it.

roap.jpg

A prayer rope or chotki for praying the Jesus prayer. I use my fingers if I forget mine.

6_big.jpg

Icons. They draw the viewer into eternal truths. We call them windows into heaven.

Candles

Incense

There other things like blessed water and oil that are useful for worship. I keep all of these things in my little prayer corner.

M.

Here is a cool video about Coptic Orthodox worship.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FEWldidLCM

M.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.