What does worship have to do with science?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,186.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God used HEBREW to create the universe.
I think you read too much into it.

The purpose of Genesis is to formulate the beginnings of creation for ancient Israel, as other nations around them had their creation stories, too.

The main point of Genesis is that there is one Lord God (though also described in plural "Elohim") as opposed to other creation stories of that time. God, who tamed chaos (waters) and created order for us, people, to live and prosper.

If you take it too literally or too mystically, you will get into wild fantasies and speculations that are quite obviously not present in the story and may lead you into a conflict with evidence/science/reality or into weird and needlessly extreme theological views.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You have the PhD. Why would you need answers from a high school drop out?

You claimed my posting was driven by ideology. When I asked you what you think my "ideology" is you deflected.

So what is that "ideology" that you think is making me insist that you actually answer the questions that came up in our discussion related to your claims?

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟71,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
You claimed my posting was driven by ideology.
Are you talking to me? I do not remember using the word driven or ideology. We know unbelievers have a reprobate mind. Are you a believer or a reprobate? It has to be one or the other. You are in or out with God. You are for Him or against Him. You are saved or lost. I would say a sinner or set free from sin, but a lot of people think they can sin and get away with it. Although God holds us accountable and no one gets away with anything.

IF you know math enough to get a Ph.D. then you at least know how exact and precise God is. People are without excuse because we can know the Creator through what He has created. Esp when we look at math and the Bible. How exact the Bible is, can be seen using math that you claim to know something about.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,793.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
  • Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟71,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I think you read too much into it.
This comes from the Hasidic based on Kabbalah. If we study the Hebrew letters we will have a much better understanding of the Word of God, based on those letters. A represents the lead animal in a herd. B represents a tent or a tabernacle. We begin to see how God wants to dwell with and be a part of HIs creation. Jesus is the door to that tent. He is the gatekeeper to determine who does and who does not enter in or depart from the tent or dwelling.

The C today represents a camel or commerce. Today we live in a modern world and we have high-rise apartments and jet airplanes instead of camels and tents. But the principle is still the same. The Muslims wanted to take out the twin towers on 911 because of what they represented. They wanted to attack the Pentagon because of the war mongers and the agenda they have.

The better our understanding of the language the Bible was written in, the better we will understand God and the message He has for us in the Written Word of God.

E has been turned sideways. It represents a person waving their hands in the air, trying to get your attention. Every letter not only has meaning, also they have a mathematical value. Gematria (/ɡəˈmeɪtriə/; Hebrew: גמטריא or gimatria גימטריה, plural גמטראות or גימטריאות, gimatriot) is the practice of assigning a numerical value to a name, word or phrase according to an alphanumerical cipher. A single word can yield several values depending on the cipher which is used.
download.png

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,186.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This comes from the Hasidic based on Kabbalah. If we study the Hebrew letters we will have a much better understanding of the Word of God, based on those letters. A represents the lead animal in a herd. B represents a tent or a tabernacle. We begin to see how God wants to dwell with and be a part of HIs creation. Jesus is the door to that tent. He is the gatekeeper to determine who does and who does not enter in or depart from the tent or dwelling.

The C today represents a camel or commerce. Today we live in a modern world and we have high-rise apartments and jet airplanes instead of camels and tents. But the principle is still the same. The Muslims wanted to take out the twin towers on 911 because of what they represented. They wanted to attack the Pentagon because of the war mongers and the agenda they have.

The better our understanding of the language the Bible was written in, the better we will understand God and the message He has for us in the Written Word of God.

E has been turned sideways. It represents a person waving their hands in the air, trying to get your attention. Every letter not only has meaning, also they have a mathematical value. Gematria (/ɡəˈmeɪtriə/; Hebrew: גמטריא or gimatria גימטריה, plural גמטראות or גימטריאות, gimatriot) is the practice of assigning a numerical value to a name, word or phrase according to an alphanumerical cipher. A single word can yield several values depending on the cipher which is used.
View attachment 329601
Its not a Christian concept, so I do not think its relevant to Christian theology.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟71,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Its not a Christian concept, so I do not think its relevant to Christian theology.
Are you anti semetic? You would be amazed at how MUCH of our Bible is a part of the oral tradition. Notice you have words, but no sentences. It is just words, the structure of the Bible comes from the Oral Tradition.
The-Dead-Sea-Scrolls.jpg

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,186.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Are you anti semetic? You would be amazed at how MUCH of our Bible is a part of the oral tradition. Notice you have words, but no sentences. It is just words, the structure of the Bible comes from the Oral Tradition.
View attachment 329608
Its neither Jesus' or the apostolic teaching to search for symbols in Hebrew letters and trying to decode some mysteries that way.

Therefore, as I said, its quite irrelevant for Christian theology.

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟277,740.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am not trying to KID anyone. You think God can be tricked and fooled? God used HEBREW to create the universe. That is why we can use language to understand what HE did. If you think this is all one big random event of mistakes and mutations then clearly you are the one that is fooled and had denied their maker.

1. Proverbs 1:7: "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction."
  2. Proverbs 12:15: "The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, but a wise man listens to advice."
  3. Proverbs 13:20: "Whoever walks with the wise becomes wise, but the companion of fools will suffer harm."
  4. Proverbs 14:1: "The fool says in his heart, 'There is no God.' They are corrupt, they do abominable deeds; there is none who does good."
  5. Proverbs 18:2: "A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion."
Unless God is also a forum member the only individuals you are out to fool are those who read your posts.
Proverbs 12:15 and 18:2 describe you to a tee.

I suggest you follow this advice when encountering individuals who know far more than you do.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟71,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Unless God is also a forum member the only individuals you are out to fool are those who read your posts.
Proverbs 12:15 and 18:2 describe you to a tee.

I suggest you follow this advice when encountering individuals who know far more than you do.
We are talking about Hebrew. It looks like you are the one that knows NOTHING about Hebrew, not me. Nice try though but it looks like yet another swing and a miss. I really do not know how trying to determine if I am a fool or you are a fool has anything at all to do with our understanding of Hebrew.

Upvote 0

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟277,740.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We are talking about Hebrew. It looks like you are the one that knows NOTHING about Hebrew, not me. Nice try though but it looks like yet another swing and a miss. I really do not know how trying to determine if I am a fool or you are a fool has anything at all to do with our understanding of Hebrew.
No one is talking about Hebrew here except you as a pathetic attempt at deflection against having your chatbot posts corrected by individuals who know far more about science.
It leaves no doubt who is the fool here.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Are you talking to me?
That's the way it generally works when you directly quote someone's post.
I do not remember using the word driven or ideology.

Try this from an earlier post:

Why did you hijack the thread in an attempt to get it to fit your ideology?

We know unbelievers have a reprobate mind.
So you say.
Are you a believer or a reprobate?
Neither.
It has to be one or the other. You are in or out with God. ]
God is out with me. I reject it fully.
You are for Him or against Him.
I don't think he exists. I have no reason to be for or against the most likely non-existent.
You are saved or lost.
I know where I am and I don't need to be "saved".
I would say a sinner or set free from sin, but a lot of people think they can sin and get away with it.
I don't believe in "sin".
Although God holds us accountable and no one gets away with anything.
I'm willing to take that risk.
IF you know math enough to get a Ph.D. then you at least know how exact and precise God is.
We didn't study "gods" in graduate school or in any math class. This is irrelevant.

People are without excuse because we can know the Creator through what He has created.
So says Paul, but I don't care what that dude said.
Esp when we look at math and the Bible.
Would that be in the book of Numbers? I found it to be rather dull.
How exact the Bible is, can be seen using math that you claim to know something about.
Do you actually know what 'exact' means? I begin to wonder at this point after you wrote this post.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟71,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I begin to wonder at this point after you wrote this post.
You already told me that it is a waste of time to respond to your posts. If I respond I do it for me. Esp if I put any effort into it, I do that for my own edification. Not for you or even for the lurkers because I do not think about them as much as I should.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟71,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Do you actually know what 'exact' means?
Usually, machinists work within a tolerance of billionths. Exact would be more precise, of course. In drafting the thickness of the line gets in the way because that line does not exist in the real world. That is why we put NTS not to scale on the drawing.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟71,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
pathetic attempt
Do you want people to hate you? Because you work very hard to try to accomplish that by trying to belittle others in a vain attempt to build yourself up. Do not expect a response from me if you cannot show respect.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Prison is filled with people that were willing to take the risk.

The risk that no god will ever punish them for not worshipping it? I haven't seen any gods do that, but I have seen their followers lock up non-believers and infidels.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You already told me that it is a waste of time to respond to your posts. If I respond I do it for me. Esp if I put any effort into it, I do that for my own edification. Not for you or even for the lurkers because I do not think about them as much as I should.

Way to split the two sentences of my reply to distort the meaning. I indicated that I doubted whether you understood what "exact" meant. (we'll see based on your reply to that part below...) I did not write anything about whether it was worth my time to respond to you.

Usually, machinists work within a tolerance of billionths. Exact would be more precise, of course. In drafting the thickness of the line gets in the way because that line does not exist in the real world. That is why we put NTS not to scale on the drawing.

Billionths, eh? Billionths of what? These things mean nothing with out units. Bilionths of an inch? billionths of a meter? (Both are far smaller than any machine tool can achieve.)

As we say, your response was precise, but it was not accurate.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Do you want people to hate you? Because you work very hard to try to accomplish that by trying to belittle others in a vain attempt to build yourself up. Do not expect a response from me if you cannot show respect.

Most of us like @sjastro just fine, even when we disagree with him. I suggest you should read your response to him as a response from us. It does apply.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.