What does worship have to do with science?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟71,754.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Billionths, eh? Billionths of what? These things mean nothing with out units. Bilionths of an inch? billionths of a meter? (Both are far smaller than any machine tool can achieve.)
Kern Microtechnik is known for producing machines that are µm-accurate, meaning they are capable of producing precision parts with high surface quality to within a few micrometers
[1]
[2]
micrometre, also called micron, metric unit of measure for length equal to 0.001 mm, or about 0.000039 inch. Its symbol is μm.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,384.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
who is us?

Us posters, you know the people that interact with the personality known only as @sjastro . Wasn't that obvious? What other context could there be? Presumably, those who know him in real life, do so by his given name.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,384.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Kern Microtechnik is known for producing machines that are µm-accurate, meaning they are capable of producing precision parts with high surface quality to within a few micrometers
[1]
[2]
micrometre, also called micron, metric unit of measure for length equal to 0.001 mm, or about 0.000039 inch. Its symbol is μm.

So, billionths of a km then?

Though personally, I measure trips with my car in picoparsecs.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟71,754.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
So, billionths of a km then?
That is the accuracy man is capable of. How much more can we expect from God? I have a friend that works a 3 million dollar lathe with three robotic arms attached to it. Sometimes he makes parts for space ships and they need to be accurate and precise. The biggest issue is maintaining consistent humidity and temperature in the shop. We do not have the factories here as we use to. But we still build machines for factories all over the world.

We talked about this before. I can understand your confusion about living in a lazy boy chair in an ivory tower. But those of us that work and function in the real world have no use for people that just talk about it. I remember a friend of mine that worked on a tunneling machine. He had a problem with a college boy and when he complained about it, they make that college boy go in the tunnel and work that machine for three weeks. He came out a different person after actually having to work for a living in the real world to escape the pretend world that his education had put him in.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟71,754.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I count myself among that number.
Ok, so you know who you are going to be spending eternity with. No confusion there. Birds of a feather flock together. It is nice to know who is saved, redeemed, and delivered and who is not. I can not judge people, they have to judge themselves and even then they have to tell me what their judgment is. So we know who our enemy is for the sake of the cross. But still, we are to love our enemy and do good to others. Because maybe, you do not know when they may come to repentance and saving knowledge of the truth. Could be years after we are gone, they will finally wake up to reality. All I can do is use the science they claim to believe in to show that the massive amount of scientific evidence we have to show how accurate and true the Bible is.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.