What does worship have to do with science?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟71,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Worship, as a religious practice, is not directly related to science. Worship is an act of devotion or reverence toward a deity or deities, and is typically performed as part of a religious or spiritual practice. Science, on the other hand, is a systematic and evidence-based study of the natural world.

However, some people may see a connection between worship and science in the sense that both can be seen as ways of exploring and understanding the world around us. Some individuals may see scientific discoveries as a way of gaining a deeper appreciation for the beauty and complexity of the natural world, which may inspire feelings of awe or wonder that are similar to those experienced in worship. In this sense, science and worship may both be seen as ways of exploring and appreciating the natural world.

The more people understand about Science and the world we live in, the more they should honor God for the abundance they have been given. The more God will hold them accountable based on the knowledge they have been given.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We were created to worship.

And we will indeed worship.

Some will worship themselves; some will worship God; and some will worship God's creation.

But we were created to worship God -- and God alone.

Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
To the majority of people on the planet that is irrelevant.

I know.

Matthew 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We were created to worship.

And we will indeed worship.

Some will worship themselves; some will worship God; and some will worship God's creation.

But we were created to worship God -- and God alone.

Suppose you see a beautiful bird in your back yard and are impressed and amazed at it. That's doesn't mean you worshipped the bird.

So, add another group to your list (or notice it more carefully): some will worship God and praise Him for many reasons, including that amazing creation.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,158,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Worship, as a religious practice, is not directly related to science. Worship is an act of devotion or reverence toward a deity or deities, and is typically performed as part of a religious or spiritual practice. Science, on the other hand, is a systematic and evidence-based study of the natural world.

However, some people may see a connection between worship and science in the sense that both can be seen as ways of exploring and understanding the world around us. Some individuals may see scientific discoveries as a way of gaining a deeper appreciation for the beauty and complexity of the natural world, which may inspire feelings of awe or wonder that are similar to those experienced in worship. In this sense, science and worship may both be seen as ways of exploring and appreciating the natural world.

The more people understand about Science and the world we live in, the more they should honor God for the abundance they have been given. The more God will hold them accountable based on the knowledge they have been given.
Just my view: this is really a theological or such OP, and that's perfectly fine, and in fact would be a very good topic for Christians to discuss as a Christian topic for Christians to discuss.

But, even though it's in the wrong forum in my view, it's a great post. Thanks for writing such a good post.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Suppose you see a beautiful bird in your back yard and are impressed and amazed at it. That's doesn't mean you worshipped the bird.

That is correct.

But what if I use that bird to:
  1. Create a set of heuristics to challenge the existence of God.
  2. Completely rearrange the order of appearance on the earth.
  3. Change words in the Bible.
  4. Claim we should give equal airtime to false idols.
So, add another group to your list (or notice it more carefully): some will worship God and praise Him for many reasons, including that amazing creation.

That's exactly what my wife and I do.

We see something, and we usually say, "All God's creatures, great and small."

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I’ve never had a conflict between my belief in G-d and acceptance of science. I worship G-d and learn about His creation, the universe and all it contains, through science.

That's the way it should be.

And in that order.

God first, then His creation.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,158,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is correct.

But what if I use that bird to:
  1. Create a set of heuristics to challenge the existence of God.
  2. Completely rearrange the order of appearance on the earth.
  3. Change words in the Bible.
  4. Claim we should give equal airtime to false idols.

That's exactly what my wife and I do.

We see something, and we usually say, "All God's creatures, great and small."
It's valuable then to be aware that when some scientist is doing good work, they are not adding anti-religious stuff to their report, not ever, not ever doing stuff like #1-4, but simply doing their best to describe nature.

Those that do write anti-religious stuff are simply giving their own opinions/views, not conveying science, even if they attempt to twist science to make it wrongly appear to support such a view.

If you do see someone attempting to set science against God they are someone we should if possible offer the gospel to help them realize that God saves sinners (any of us). Even if they are 'Christian'.

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Wonderfully, Christ can save anyone that wishes to falsely cast nature/science as against God, just like He saves all the rest of sinners that turn to him in repentance.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's valuable then to be aware that when some scientist is doing good work, they are not adding anti-religious stuff to their report, not ever, not ever doing stuff like #1-4, but simply doing their best to describe nature.

I don't consider changing "child in the womb" to "fetus" as someone "doing their best to describe nature."

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
There is NOTHING better than worship and praise.
Ewww. While I can think of worse things than "worship and praise", they generally aren't things done voluntarily.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟71,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Ewww. While I can think of worse things than "worship and praise", they generally aren't things done voluntarily.
There is nothing that feels as good as worship and praise. Even the LOA people say you have to draw positive energy out of your voltex. Motivational speakers talk about the same positive vibes and the advantage that has for our health and performance.

You will never convince me that negative energy, being critical and grumpy all the time has any advantage at all. I would never ever want to go back to living a life apart from God. The very definition of hell is separation from God. I would never ever want to go back to living that way.

People can do what they want. All we can so is show them a better way and then that have to decide if that is in their best interest and right for them. I am just glade they were able to convince me to get saved and become a Christian.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟71,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I don't consider changing "child in the womb" to "fetus" as someone "doing their best to describe nature."
I keep telling people my daughter never made it to the womb. She would be 40 years old now but she looks like a very small two or three years of age. If people want to go to Heaven and they have children there, they are going to need to work things out with them. Family is important in Heaven.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟71,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
It's valuable then to be aware that when some scientist is doing good work, they are not adding anti-religious stuff to their report
True science is agnostic. They are open to any and all possibilities and they go where the evidence leads them.

• Agree
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.