Study says atheists more likely to won(yep spell check is not my friend) cats than Christians.....

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,913.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
FB_IMG_1620985299445.jpg

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,144.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

I agree. "Study finds atheists are more likely to own cats than Christians" is unproven and I don't know why atheists would even want to own Christians.

But turning now to the question posed by the title of your thread...
Study says atheists more likely to won cats than Christians

I'm a Christian and I actually did win a cat at a carnival, but it was ceramic, so I don't know if that counts.

;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟757,456.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
We Christians cost a lot more than cats to feed, house and educate. If Goonie decided to own a Christian, he'd have to fork out a tithe as well. We're almost as expensive as horses, but you don't need to buy a big trailer to carry us around.

It looks like you've got the same spell checker that said that a "Priest, a Minister and a Rabbit walked into a bar. The rabbit ordered a pint, and said to the barman 'I'm only here because of autocorrect'".

The ferst part of ah poem correkted by a spel chekker si shown hear ...

The Spelling checker joke - English Jokes

EYE HALVE A SPELLING CHEQUER
Eye halve a spelling chequer
It came with my pea sea
It plainly marques four my revue
Miss steaks eye kin knot sea....

Upvote 0

GirdYourLoins

Nov 27, 2016
Brighton, UK
✟122,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Ya got me with that one Gonnie! Laughed OL!:p

I must be one of the Christian outliers; as I have owed over a hundred cats over the years (and a few dogs) but then again I have lived in the country; most of my life. In the country; the herd of cats comes and goes in number; usually 6-12 outside cats; and 2-3 inside ones.

They are great for keeping the field mice population down; and for scratching behind their ears. I think that's why most country folk are calmer then city people; also we don't have to dodge traffic and crowds.:eek:
My spell checker is the dumbest speller in the world; next to me. It now thinks I have to pay the cats; as well as feed them; according to the first paragraph. :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
My wife and I are both atheists. But she's allergic to most cats. And to some dogs. So we have 2 birds--Gracie, an African grey parrot, and Casper, a Goffin's cockatoo. They're very entertaining, highly intelligent, and they both talk (the grey vocalizes more clearly than the cockatoo. Which is typical of their species.) But they're high-maintenance pets, and definitely not for everyone. Also, parrots are long-lived. Gracie is 31. If she stays healthy, she could live another 10 years or so. Casper is only 8. He could easily outlive us. So, as responsible parrot owners, we've made arrangements for their care if we're gone. Just like parents would do for young children.

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Who paid for the study?

What was their purpose? demonize Christians?
Oh yes. That what all scientists think of: demonising Christians (of course we don’t care about other religions, though).

Way to go demonising demonising scientists.

Petard meet hoist.

Upvote 0

GirdYourLoins

Nov 27, 2016
Brighton, UK
✟122,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh yes. That what all scientists think of: demonising Christians (of course we don’t care about other religions, though).

Way to go demonising demonising scientists.

Petard meet hoist.
Im guessing you have never seen David Attenborough talk about Christians....or more specifically creationists. There was a program a few years ago, Horizon I think, where he launched into a scathing atttack on Christians and said he hated them (us) and God.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,983.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:" Rom 1:20

Some like David Attenborough don't see what's in plain sight while others make comments about it being God's creation.

Upvote 0