St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
How? Walk me through that. If there is no ID to confirm ID, I could register as anyone I wanted...potentially even multiple times. How would an audit catch that without ID?
So why is only polling place ID an issue with the Right?

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
. So how would that work, exactly? The miscreant would have to,
1. Know the name and address of an individual, a registered voter who he knew was not going to vote.
2. Be able to reproduce the signature of that individual to the satisfaction of an election official.
3. Provide the name and address and forge the signature of another real individual.

Do you really think that happens on a significant scale?

LOL!

1. Easy to look up since our voter registration is open to the public via website

2. Not for in person, no. Signature verification does not happen on all ballots even during an audit.

3. See #1

IDK...we have no way to PROVE it is (without Voter ID)

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟346,403.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Doesn't that power also require a Congressional Amendment?
No. It's already in the text of the Constitution. When it comes to Congressional Elections, the only thing that Congress cannot regulate is the "Place of chusing the Senate".

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
So why is only polling place ID an issue with the Right?
It isn't (the only issue with the Right as concerns fair elections). However, it is the most easily justified (knowing who the person showing up to vote actually is!). And yet the Democratic legislators in state after state are determined not to allow even this safeguard to exist.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
1. Easy to look up since our voter registration is open to the public via website
How does our miscreant know which of them is certain not to vote? How does he learn to reproduce the individual's signature?

2. Not for in person, no. Signature verification does not happen on all ballots even during an audit.
It should. I walked my 'mail-in' ballot over to the election office myself and saw that they were quite particular about it. If it's not happening with all mail-in ballots a slipshod job is being done. That is not an argument against mail-in voting as such.

3. See #1

IDK...we have no way to PROVE it is (without Voter ID)
Good luck. There is too much history of imposing polling place ID requirements at the last minute before an election which has made people suspicious. Until the Right gets interested in establishing ID at registration nobody is going to see polling place ID requirements as anything but an attempt to limit the vote. If I wanted to cast a fraudulent vote, I wouldn't go to all of the trouble of impersonating an existing voter, I would just register under a false name to begin with.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Because dead people are prone to vote blue.
LOL!

I'd appreciate an answer to my question though.
The answer is yes, you could register as anyone you want. Polling place ID requirements won't prevent that. That was my point.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I walked my 'mail-in' ballot over to the election office myself and saw that they were quite particular about it.
Well, that is what the Pelosi types are demanding be eliminated. Instead, party workers will come to your house and collect your ballot, whether already filled-out or not, and deliver it to the election office. If they choose to do so, that is.

Good luck. There is too much history of imposing polling place ID requirements at the last minute before an election which has made people suspicious. Until the Right gets interested in establishing ID at registration nobody is going to see polling place ID requirements as anything but an attempt to limit the vote.
They've tried to have that done. Many times. It's always shot down by the other side with that "voter suppression" mantra.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
LOL!

The answer is yes, you could register as anyone you want. Polling place ID requirements won't prevent that. That was my point.
What's the argument against instituting ANY safeguards at all, simply because we can think of some other way to vote fraudulently, even if that way is much less likely?

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

It would certainly prevent the illegal vote though.

You laugh, but it's true. It's not funny IMO...it's sad.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
How does our miscreant know which of them is certain not to vote? How does he learn to reproduce the individual's signature?

Because the record, public to all, shows voter history. There's probability of voting (or not)...not for certain, but why not take the risk if you are motivated for your party to win bad enough to commit fraud?

The signature doesn't matter. Don't get hung up on it.One would just have to make sure they either have the auditors in their pocket, and even if they don't, and EVEN if there is an audit, the likelihood of the fraudulent ballot being checked is low.

It should. I walked my 'mail-in' ballot over to the election office myself and saw that they were quite particular about it. If it's not happening with all mail-in ballots a slipshod job is being done. That is not an argument against mail-in voting as such.

Such a scenario is in the vast minority. Most mail-in ballots are mailed in. How was your signature verified btw?

Good luck. There is too much history of imposing polling place ID requirements at the last minute before an election which has made people suspicious. Until the Right gets interested in establishing ID at registration nobody is going to see polling place ID requirements as anything but an attempt to limit the vote. If I wanted to cast a fraudulent vote, I wouldn't go to all of the trouble of impersonating an existing voter, I would just register under a false name to begin with.

Is there? Virginia and Georgia both have Voter ID laws...albeit the Democratic portions of each legislatures are seeking to have that law repealed.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
It would certainly prevent the illegal vote though.

You laugh, but it's true. It's not funny IMO...it's sad.
No, not really. It's really more expedient to get a fake ID good enough to fool an untrained polling place official in a false name than in the name of an existing person. As long as it is possible to register without an ID that is certainly the more likely avenue of fraud.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Because the record, public to all, shows voter history. There's probability of voting (or not)...not for certain, but why not take the risk if you are motivated for your party to win bad enough to commit fraud?
Like the vote-harvesting fraud the Republicans tried to pull of in NC last mid-terms?

The signature doesn't matter. Don't get hung up on it.One would just have to make sure they either have the auditors in their pocket, and even if they don't, and EVEN if there is an audit, the likelihood of the fraudulent ballot being checked is low.
?

Such a scenario is in the vast minority. Most mail-in ballots are mailed in. How was your signature verified btw?
By comparing the signature on the mail-in ballot envelope with the signature on my voter registration card--just as is done at in-person voting when you sign in.

Is there? Virginia and Georgia both have Voter ID laws...albeit the Democratic portions of each legislatures are seeking to have that law repealed.
The devil is in the details. One would have to look at the laws themselves.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Not a reputable source of information.

All the information I've found says alleged; not convicted.

Also: Complaint filed over Texas AG Ken Paxton's tactics to limit mail-in voting

Hasen argues that it’s not cause for concern, however, noting there were only 491 prosecutions related to absentee ballots nationwide between 2000 and 2012.

491 prosecutions in 12 years, which is miniscule.

Mail-in voting is not ripe for fraud; that's a false narrative from the same people that want to make it harder to vote.

Additional: Violated my own rule by responding to this post, so this will be my last response.
Ringo

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Not a reputable source of information.

Content is valid, regardless of the source; unless you have evidence to disprove it.

All the information I've found says alleged; not convicted.

Also: Complaint filed over Texas AG Ken Paxton's tactics to limit mail-in voting

Yep, but you don't get indicted for nothing and without sufficient evidence. Not saying he's guilty, but saying there is pause for concern.

491 prosecutions in 12 years, which is miniscule.

Enough for me to demand from my legislators that voting reforms are needed. That's only 491 that were found and proven; obviously there are some that were not discovered.

Mail-in voting is not ripe for fraud; that's a false narrative from the same people that want to make it harder to vote.
Ringo

Disagree. Most of us have IDs...lets use them to vote to confirm our identity. For those that don't have them, they're provided at no-cost. The "harder to vote" claim is moot and debunked.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0