United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I'd say that's shared between the NCSBE office and the General Assembly
If the GOP is so incompetent so as to allow voter fraud to happen to the point of swinging elections, then maybe they’re not any good at any organized activity and this is just a failed Party’s last stand?

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
If the GOP is so incompetent so as to allow voter fraud to happen to the point of swinging elections, then maybe they’re not any good at any organized activity and this is just a failed Party’s last stand?

I would agree that folks on the left are much better at grassroots, yes. It's difficult as a homeowner, with two young children and a full time job to find time to attend a protest, even on the weekends.

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟247,292.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Good question. As far as I know, "independent" in the USA means "neither democrat nor republican". So a member of the American Nazi Party (yes, that's a thing) or the Communist Party USA would qualify. Right?
So in light of this, would it be a good idea to allow the ruling party to choose an "independent" observer?

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟488,901.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
So in light of this, would it be a good idea to allow the ruling party to choose an "independent" observer?
I think the idea of "independent observers" is pretty naive.

Upvote 0

Belk

Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟895,241.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
The mountain of evidence saying that there was rampant fraud in the swing states in question.

All the evidence has been looked at by the officials in charge of the states. The courts have looked at the cases brought before them. The attorney general has investigated and found no widespread fraud. The FBI has been consulted. Independent observers found no issues. At this point it is way past a reasonable conclusion that there is no widespread fraud. I see no reason to waste time and money on something that amounts to a conspiracy that rivals the idea of a moon landing hoax.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟488,901.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
All the evidence has been looked at by the officials in charge of the states. The courts have looked at the cases brought before them. The attorney general has investigated and found no widespread fraud. The FBI has been consulted. Independent observers found no issues. At this point it is way past a reasonable conclusion that there is no widespread fraud. I see no reason to waste time and money on something that amounts to a conspiracy that rivals the idea of a moon landing hoax.
I truly believe that talk like this should be confined to the conspiracy forum of this site.

Upvote 0

Rene Loup

Left the pack, joined the flock.
Apr 13, 2020
Canada
✟62,140.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
mostly liberal news services are verified by mostly liberal fact checkers and that is supposed to confirm that you are getting unbiased facts?

Do you have evidence of this? If so, what is your source?

• Optimistic
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

Rene Loup

Left the pack, joined the flock.
Apr 13, 2020
Canada
✟62,140.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The mountain of evidence saying that there was rampant fraud in the swing states in question.

Evidence to support these claims are required. Otherwise, these two posts only amount to 'Contradiction' in debates. Links to the evidence will give more credibility than expecting others to simply take our word for anything.

No harm intended towards anyone. I am simply using these two posts as an example.

Please and thank you. God bless!

Pyramid of Debate.jpg

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟137,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
are you questioning that the msm is predominately liberal?
Yes all those communists at ABC, CBS, NBC and their subsidiaries, begging for the government to come in and tell them how to run their businesses!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟488,901.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Evidence to support these claims are required. Otherwise, these two posts only amount to 'Contradiction' in debates. Links to the evidence will give more credibility than expecting others to simply take our word for anything.

No harm intended towards anyone. I am simply using these two posts as an example.

Please and thank you. God bless!

View attachment 296873
Looking at that pyramid, contradiction isn't too shabby.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟484,092.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Voter ID doesn't hurt anyone except those who want to commit fraud.
That might be true in theory. But back here in reality, it was an attempt by the GOP legislator to suppress minority voters.

There were an infinite number of ways to enact voter ID which "doesn't hurt anyone", and yet Republicans resorted to specifically targeting African American voters. I think that makes the intent pretty obvious.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟484,092.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
None of which is posted here, for some reason. Or presented in court. Heck, I think Donald's fan club even explicitly said in court that they weren't claiming fraud.

All of which make me question if this post has anything to do with reality. And if it is representative of the reasoning typically used to come to the conclusion that there's a problem to be solved with voter ID laws.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟200,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That might be true in theory. But back here in reality, it was an attempt by the GOP legislator to suppress minority voters.

There were an infinite number of ways to enact voter ID which "doesn't hurt anyone", and yet Republicans resorted to specifically targeting African American voters. I think that makes the intent pretty obvious.
Republicans resorted to specifically targeting African American voters.
What evidence do you have to support that statement.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟484,092.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Not exactly. It's that Trump and Tillis got so many votes, but they didn't correlate well between Cooper and Forest. Many of us are scratching our heads: Who votes for Trump and Tillis but NOT for Dan Forest?!
Enough people to reelect the Governor, I guess. I mean, given the complete lack of evidence of any widespread voter fraud, what other conclusion is there?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟484,092.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here's an editorial from the Washington Times on the new election law the Democrats want passed. Getting rid of two party oversight is key to their scheme:
Democrats’ elections scheme would gut Federal Election Commission bipartisanship

Making it as easy as possible for the maximum number of people to vote in an election is generally accepted to be a good thing. For whatever reason, and rightly or wrongly, some elements of the Republican Party perceive this as a threat.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟200,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The same evidence I post every single time this comes up, over and over and over and over again. And for some reason, I keep having to do it again.

https://www.ca4.uscourts.gov/Opinions/Published/161468.P.pdf
apparently the Republicans in Congress, many of which are experienced attorneys, do not the agree that the proposal they are making would have a problem in the courts.
What specific provisions in the proposed legislation do you feel discriminate against black voters and how do you support your conclusions.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟484,092.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
apparently the Republicans in Congress, many of which are experienced attorneys, do not the agree that the proposal they are making would have a problem in the courts.

Yes, I've noticed any number of individuals ignoring the abundant evidence surrounding this issue, sometimes by abruptly attempting to change the subject.

What specific provisions in the proposed legislation do you feel discriminate against black voters and how do you support your conclusions.

I support them by posting links to the courts findings on the subject. You know, that evidence you asked for and then didn't read?

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Enough people to reelect the Governor, I guess. I mean, given the complete lack of evidence of any widespread voter fraud, what other conclusion is there?
That the additional votes for Trump and Tillis were fraudulent. There is as much evidence of that as there is of fraudulent votes for Cooper. Not to mention that the most recent case of voter fraud in NC which I am aware of was carried out by Republicans.

• Agree
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0