Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,465.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
But states leverage federal services for these things. Not a big deal.

What states have a citizen database? I'm not aware of one that would accurately apply for this scenario.

All of them. Are you heavily involved in state IT that you would be in the know on these?

Unless by "Often" you mean "Once" posting a single anecdote that has not even been adjudicated yet is poor evidence.

Yes and I think it's a poor and invalid excuse. Voter ID doesn't hurt anyone except those who want to commit fraud. The ID is free. Our Lt. Gov, who is black, is a vocal advocate for Voter ID. This race-baiting political strategy needs to end. By comparison, gun control has a proven racist history and yet those who decry "racism" when looking at voter ID charge forward with gun control despite it disproportionately removing 2A rights from black citizens. I just wish people would be consistent, less hypocritical, or just be open and honest regarding their motives: "We don't want Voter ID because Democrats would potentially lose elections/power if implemented."

Likewise. "We want voter registration so Republicans can still win elections even though they can't get a majority of the vote"

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
All of them. Are you heavily involved in state IT that you would be in the know on these?

I am aware that NC has databases on drivers and taxpayers, but voters are in the NCSBE database...and there's no confirming process of IDing those folks.

Unless by "Often" you mean "Once" posting a single anecdote that has not even been adjudicated yet is poor evidence.

Did you read how many people she registered?

Likewise. "We want voter registration so Republicans can still win elections even though they can't get a majority of the vote"

I just want free and fair elections. It's not a big ask.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If it were really about """free and fair""" elections, there wouldn't be such efforts to curtail voting in places that just happen to be Democratic-leaning and/or majority minority.

It's about the GOP maintaining their power through suppression and gerrymandering.
Ringo

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
If it were really about """free and fair""" elections, there wouldn't be such efforts to curtail voting in places that just happen to be Democratic-leaning and/or majority minority.

It's about the GOP maintaining their power through suppression and gerrymandering.
Ringo

What power has the GOP maintained? They lost the WH and Congress.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
And now there are a raft of new voter restrictions being proposed by the GOP.

GOP started calling for those about mid November, well prior to Biden taking office. A lot of people are still convinced the election was stolen. National Voter ID and wrapping controls around mail-in/absentee would take care of a lot of the loopholes where fraud would be easy to produce.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,296.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
GOP started calling for those about mid November, well prior to Biden taking office. A lot of people are still convinced the election was stolen.
Mid November. You mean AFTER they have lost the election?

• Winner
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,465.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I am aware that NC has databases on drivers and taxpayers, but voters are in the NCSBE database...and there's no confirming process of IDing those folks.

Did you read how many people she registered?

I just want free and fair elections. It's not a big ask.
What makes you think they are not that way now? Every metric I have seen to date shows incidents of fraud are incredibly low and in no way effect the fairness of our election process so way is this such a big issue?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
What makes you think they are not that way now? Every metric I have seen to date shows incidents of fraud are incredibly low and in now way effect the fairness of our election process so way is this such a big issue?
Because Trump supporters are so convinced that they are the real Americans, the true Patriots, that they simply cannot believe that they are outnumbered in this country when it comes to voting. There must have been fraud.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
What makes you think they are not that way now? Every metric I have seen to date shows incidents of fraud are incredibly low and in now way effect the fairness of our election process so way is this such a big issue?

The mountain of evidence saying that there was rampant fraud in the swing states in question.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Eh, we have a pretty big question mark here in NC still over the governor's win.
Are you suggesting that the GOP is so incompetent as to allow voting fraud to occur under their very noses?

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Eh, we have a pretty big question mark here in NC still over the governor's win.
That's because he's a Democrat. How could an evil, left-wing shape shifting lizard person win unless there was fraud? Especially in a Southern state, where there's got to be more real Americans than commies?

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
That's because he's a Democrat. How could an evil, left-wing shape shifting lizard person win unless there was fraud? Especially in a Southern state, where there's got to be more real Americans than commies?

Not exactly. It's that Trump and Tillis got so many votes, but they didn't correlate well between Cooper and Forest. Many of us are scratching our heads: Who votes for Trump and Tillis but NOT for Dan Forest?!

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Are you suggesting that the GOP is so incompetent as to allow voting fraud to occur under their very noses?

I'd say that's shared between the NCSBE office and the General Assembly

Upvote 0