Stars science say kicked out of galaxy actually coming in!

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,191.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think cosmology has it all wrong, and that stars are nothing like they claim. The model of the universe science cooked up is ridiculous and wrong and nothing but anti creation religious twaddle.
What academic qualifications do you have to render such an opinion?

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What academic qualifications do you have to render such an opinion?
What qualifications of any kind do you have to counter it?

Since the bible seems to have some other model than what science has cooked up, I think God is qualified to know. But if you know better than God, we assume you could defend your claims/beliefs. Unless academia/science knew better than God and could make a cohesive case, how would we expect any degree of academic/science to matter in the least?

God told us He was the creator, and that He was with us always. He never left the site.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2012
✟120,483.00
Faith
Atheist
But if time did not exist out there as it does here the meaning of shifted light would change drastically.
You have no evidence that "time did not exist out there as it does here".
We do have evidence that time does exist out there as it does here such as predictions worked out here that are confirmed out there. See the 19 items of empirical evidence listed in my latest post in your other thread.

The meaning of the shifted light would not change even if we denied the real world. What would change would be the magnitude of the speed calculated for the stars from their Doppler shift.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You have no evidence that "time did not exist out there as it does here".
We do have evidence that time does exist out there as it does here such as predictions worked out here that are confirmed out there. See the 19 items of empirical evidence listed in my latest post in your other thread.

The meaning of the shifted light would not change even if we denied the real world. What would change would be the magnitude of the speed calculated for the stars from their Doppler shift.
The speed...as seen here..!
The speed...based on assumed distances and sizes!

Who even says that nothing else in the universe can produce a light shifting effect?
A bit like someone saying

'gee, that star took 2 days to move so far in space, so there must also be exact days out there'.
No. Two days in our time simply means that the star took 2 days here to move so far. It does not tell us time there is the same.

Upvote 0

ianw16

Mar 7, 2018
bournemouth
✟9,234.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced

Who even says that nothing else in the universe can produce a light shifting effect?

'gee, that star took 2 days to move so far in space, so there must also be exact days out there'.
No. Two days in our time simply means that the star took 2 days here to move so far. It does not tell us time there is the same.

Complete gibberish.

Upvote 0

ianw16

Mar 7, 2018
bournemouth
✟9,234.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
What qualifications of any kind do you have to counter it?

Since the bible seems to have some other model than what science has cooked up, I think God is qualified to know. But if you know better than God, we assume you could defend your claims/beliefs. Unless academia/science knew better than God and could make a cohesive case, how would we expect any degree of academic/science to matter in the least?

God told us He was the creator, and that He was with us always. He never left the site.

Invoking the superstitious beliefs of bronze age peasants is not a scientific argument. As soon as you mention 'God' in a scientific debate, you have lost. Next.

• Agree
Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Invoking the superstitious beliefs of bronze age peasants is not a scientific argument. As soon as you mention 'God' in a scientific debate, you have lost. Next.
When the creator is omitted you have no possibility of arriving at truth no matter how much wasted learning one does.

I will mention God all I like. I will also point out science doesn't know.

Upvote 0

ianw16

Mar 7, 2018
bournemouth
✟9,234.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
When the creator is omitted you have no possibility of arriving at truth no matter how much wasted learning one does.

I will mention God all I like. I will also point out science doesn't know.

You don't know what science doesn't know, because you are scientifically illiterate. Correct? Never studied it, have you? All you have is faith and superstition. That has nothing to do with science. There is no creator. It is pure woo, dreamed up for the hard of thinking.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You don't know what science doesn't know, because you are scientifically illiterate. Correct? Never studied it, have you? All you have is faith and superstition. That has nothing to do with science. There is no creator. It is pure woo, dreamed up for the hard of thinking.
The deliquent and godless claims of science are actually very well known. It is no secret either where the limits of knowledge are. Hint: your game of pretending to know something and have some secret power science in your back pocket grew old a while ago.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There were no facts. Just gibberish. Try science for a change.
The fact is that nothing that RC posted even related to how time was the same or different in deep space. He just grabbed a bunch of things that we see in our time here, and that involve so much time here, and claimed this meant that time exists exactly the same there! That is like saying a flashlight in his pocket shone so every star in the universe saw it.

Upvote 0

ianw16

Mar 7, 2018
bournemouth
✟9,234.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
The deliquent and godless claims of science are actually very well known. It is no secret either where the limits of knowledge are. Hint: your game of pretending to know something and have some secret power science in your back pocket grew old a while ago.

Nope, science is based on reason, measurement, observation, etc. All you have is 'God did it.' Like I've said, that is not science, and scientists, and the vast majority of the educated public, couldn't give two hoots for the type of mediaeval tripe you believe.

• Agree
Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

ianw16

Mar 7, 2018
bournemouth
✟9,234.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
The fact is that nothing that RC posted even related to how time was the same or different in deep space. He just grabbed a bunch of things that we see in our time here, and that involve so much time here, and claimed this meant that time exists exactly the same there! That is like saying a flashlight in his pocket shone so every star in the universe saw it.

In which case you have no understanding of what RC posted. Not surprising, as I suspect you've never cracked the pages of a physics textbook. You need to counter his argument with science. Try Google Scholar. You have failed miserably to address the science so far, and have no support for your views, other than from fellow superstitionists.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Nope, science is based on reason, measurement, observation, etc.
All you have is 'God did it.' Like I've said, that is not science, and scientists, and the vast major

Real actual science and knowledge is. The sick psuedo science frauds of origin 'sciences' are not. Not in any way. They are deeper than dark ages darkness from the very depths of evil. Oppressive, cunningly crafted tales that exalt their little selves and oppose the eternal revealed absolute truth of the Almighty God.

...the educated public, couldn't give two hoots for the type of mediaeval tripe you believe.

Satan is in the same boat as well as demons, and demoniacs...so?? Newsflash: I do not believe a word from their ignorant lying mouths either. I have my own beliefs, thanks.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In which case you have no understanding of what RC posted. Not surprising, as I suspect you've never cracked the pages of a physics textbook. You need to counter his argument with science. Try Google Scholar. You have failed miserably to address the science so far, and have no support for your views, other than from fellow superstitionists.
Name any item he spammed/posted that even deals with what time in the far universe is like? We wait. He is incapable of defending it, maybe you can try.

Upvote 0

ianw16

Mar 7, 2018
bournemouth
✟9,234.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Name any item he spammed/posted that even deals with what time in the far universe is like? We wait. He is incapable of defending it, maybe you can try.

Newsflash, woo boy; you are the one making unscientific, extraordinary claims; it is up to you to prove them. That is how science works. You can 't just make stuff up because your primitive beliefs are threatened.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2012
✟120,483.00
Faith
Atheist

Rather ignorant nonsense.
No speed is measured. No distances or sizes are measured for the star speeds. What is measured is a Doppler shift. A Doppler shift is caused by the speed of the source. Thus we calculate the speed of these stars.
Gaia spots stars flying between galaxies
Astronomers found high-velocity stars in the Gaia data from the speeds calculated from their Doppler shifts. The article has an artist representation of the stars with positions.

It is nothing like what you imagine. We know that there is empirical evidence that time is the same elsewhere. We know that light can be shifted by several mechanisms, e.g. Compton scattering.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Newsflash, woo boy; you are the one making unscientific, extraordinary claims; it is up to you to prove them. That is how science works. You can 't just make stuff up because your primitive beliefs are threatened.
I simply claim science doesn't know. The question becomes, what is the best fit with the known fact that God created it all?

Either stop pretending/claiming you know or prove it. No bluster needed.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Rather ignorant nonsense.
No speed is measured. No distances or sizes are measured for the star speeds. What is measured is a Doppler shift. A Doppler shift is caused by the speed of the source. Thus we calculate the speed of these stars.
Gaia spots stars flying between galaxies
Astronomers found high-velocity stars in the Gaia data from the speeds calculated from their Doppler shifts. The article has an artist representation of the stars with positions.

It is nothing like what you imagine. We know that there is empirical evidence that time is the same elsewhere. We know that light can be shifted by several mechanisms, e.g. Compton scattering.
Truth be told the ignorance is not on my end. The distances need to be known for speeds. Ask around.

Upvote 0