Stars science say kicked out of galaxy actually coming in!

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
10 October 2018 dad: Lies about stars, their formation and astronomy being religion.
This is a star. This is the scientific theory for the formation of stars. Astronomy is science, not religion.
Irrelevant to my post: 10 October 2018 dad: A "they were wrong" lie.
The lie was that astronomers were wrong when there was no statement anywhere that incoming hypervelocity stars were impossible and it is reasonable to expect them.
Believe your religion all you like. The basis for distance is simply not supportable.
No one says your religion can't suddenly change stories and invent new belief based scenarios as to why they were wrong.

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Your headline is misleading and mischaracterises both the study and what the researchers are saying about their results.
THat is his super power. He loves to grab science articles, focus on one little "nugget" within the article that "seems" to contradict any scientific theory, then he uses distorted logic to twist said nugget into the smoking gun that proves science is not science -- that is, he desperately tries to equate science with religion. He loves to say that says requires faith just like religion requires faith.

After that false equivalency, he goes on to declare magnanimously that he has shown science to be a fraud...

And then he spouts something or another about him being smarter than the rest of us. The thread descends into those of us with scientific knowledge trying to educate him and point out the flaws in his premises, hypotheses, logic, etc... but to know avail. His brain is coated in bullet proof logic defying teflon-- any point we make bounces and slides right off and his underlying misunderstandings of science are unphased.

so sit back and enjoy the show

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2012
✟120,483.00
Faith
Atheist
Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2012
✟120,483.00
Faith
Atheist
Geometry where imaginary lines have equal time and space. That is fablometry!
Some irrelevant nonsense, dad.

This is astronomy
Astronomy (from Greek: ἀστρονομία) is a natural science that studies celestial objects and phenomena. It applies mathematics, physics, and chemistry, in an effort to explain the origin of those objects and phenomena and their evolution.
(my emphasis added)

Stating astronomy is a religion once is a bad error because children know that it is a science.. I corrected that error
This is a star. This is the scientific theory for the formation of stars. Astronomy is science, not religion.
Stating astronomy is a religion frequently after you know that it is science should turn an error into a lie.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My model of God being right is based on Jesus and all the wonderful things He does.
So what does you model of God tell you about those stars?

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So what does you model of God tell you about those stars?
It tells me Jesus made them. It tells me that the bible is right when it says the sun will go out as well as all the stars. Which tells me the models of science are wrong.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It tells me Jesus made them. It tells me that the bible is right when it says the sun will go out as well as all the stars. Which tells me the models of science are wrong.
OK. But are they in bound or out bound?

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
OK. But are they in bound or out bound?
Apparently science interprets the red shifting to mean stars mostly are going out.

But if time did not exist out there as it does here the meaning of shifted light would change drastically.

Besides, we only see stars now, who knows if they were doing the same thing back near when they were made or not?

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Apparently science interprets the red shifting to mean stars mostly are going out.

But if time did not exist out there as it does here the meaning of shifted light would change drastically.

Besides, we only see stars now, who knows if they were doing the same thing back near when they were made or not?
That does not answer the question.
If you do not know then say so.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That was the article you seem to be trying to discredit.
No. I don't really care what they say. The point is that they change their previous fable/story. Now they need to grasp at straws to explain the reason they were wrong. Ha.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  • Winner
Reactions: DogmaHunter
Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Then why are you wasting your time in this thread??
I do not find exposing fable mongers who create lies about creation to be a waste of time. It is actually funny, how absurdly wrong they tend to be.

If you cannot defend your beliefs what are you doing here?

• Optimistic
Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0