Is the creation account supposed to be interpreted literally?

• Yes

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Yes but with nuance

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Not even a little, big bang baby!

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wings like Eagles

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2013
Arizona
✟215,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What refusal. I made my point already and you cropped it out of your question.

You are the one editing posts for your own argument. Try replying to the entire post I made instead of just one piece.

It is really too bad people have to resort to doing that, in most of CF that is against the rules.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I do not want to say because i have wasted enough time on back and forths with you in the past. And i limited my present time i waste on you now. so like this will be my last reply to you about this. Even though i ask you a question, i will not reply back.

Show one verse where it is stated love is condition required by God to receive God's free gift of Eternal Life.
I’ve shown you before but you refuse to accept it.

“If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭13‬:‭1‬-‭3‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

Reactions: The Barbarian
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God tells Adam that he will die the day he eats from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.
No that’s not what God said. IN THE DAY (Beyovm)

“The Lord God commanded the man, saying, “From any tree of the garden you may eat freely; but from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat from it you will surely die.””
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭2‬:‭16‬-‭17‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

Not the day (yovm) look at the difference. In every verse that is translated “in the day” it’s translated from the Hebrew word beyovm not yovm or yom or yamim.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Not the day (yovm) look at the difference. In every verse that is translated “in the day” it’s translated from the Hebrew word beyovm not yovm or yom or yamim.
But he didn't die physically in the day that he ate from the tree. He died physically many years after. He died spiritually in the day he ate from the tree, as God mentions at the end of Genesis 3.

So that really isn't an out for someone trying to find a way around the verse.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It is really too bad people have to resort to doing that
Well, if one doesn't have an answer, I guess the next best thing is to insist one did answer but it got cropped out. I would be open to seeing whatever he thinks I missed, in context.

Let's see what happens.

Upvote 0

Wings like Eagles

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2013
Arizona
✟215,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, if one doesn't have an answer, I guess the next best thing is to insist one did answer but it got cropped out. I would be open to seeing whatever he thinks I missed, in context.

Let's see what happens.

You can rationalize what ever you want, IMO it is rude if not deceptive to partially quote someone (if not against the rules) in an attempt to give your belief merit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

Let's see what happens.

You can rationalize what ever you want, IMO it is rude if not deceptive to partially quote someone (if not against the rules) in an attempt to give your belief merit.
Still, I was kinda hoping he'd show us that answer he says he gave. Not going to happen, I think.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
But he didn't die physically in the day that he ate from the tree. He died physically many years after. He died spiritually in the day he ate from the tree, as God mentions at the end of Genesis 3.

So that really isn't an out for someone trying to find a way around the verse.
You don’t realize that in every single case where the term “IN THE DAY” (beyovm) appear it never refers to a 24 hour period.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
You don’t realize that in every single case where the term “IN THE DAY” (beyovm) appear it never refers to a 24 hour period.
Show us that. I get that it's the only possible excuse left, but it won't fly. Not only did Adam not die physically in the day, he lived on much longer than a normal human lifetime. There's more to it than that. If it was a physical death that Jesus came to save us from, He failed. We will all die physically. That wasn't the death that Adam brought into the world and it isn't the death that Jesus came to save us from.

Let it be God's way and accept it as He tells it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Show us that. I get that it's the only possible excuse left, but it won't fly. Not only did Adam not die physically in the day, he lived on much longer than a normal human lifetime. There's more to it than that. If it was a physical death that Jesus came to save us from, He failed. We will all die physically. That wasn't the death that Adam brought into the world and it isn't the death that Jesus came to save us from.

Let it be God's way and accept it as He tells it.
I did provide 3 examples in post 506. The death Adam brought upon us was a physical death. The life Jesus provided us was eternal life after physical death. And a normal human life was much longer then than it is now because God declared that man would not live beyond 120 years in Noah’s time.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,471.00
Country
United States
Faith