Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Labor
I do like both...they both have their merits. Unfortunately JJ ruined the Star Trek reboots and if it weren't for the fantastic scores they would have majorly sucked.
And yes CrystalDragon the composer for Star Wars did amazing work

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,200.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do like both...they both have their merits. Unfortunately JJ ruined the Star Trek reboots and if it weren't for the fantastic scores they would have majorly sucked.

They all get my money.

And yes CrystalDragon the composer for Star Wars did amazing work

During the 80s, John Williams had scored 10 of the 11 highest grossing films of all time.

Upvote 0

KevinC1129

Simul justus et peccator
Jan 24, 2016
North Texas
✟490,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I grew up in the Star Wars era, so it's a pretty easy choice for me. I appreciate Star Trek for what it is, but just could never get into watching any of the versions of it. I really have tried, but just can't connect with them.

Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Star Wars.

Star Trek is great for ethical, if clinical Science Fiction

Star Wars is all about the hero's story, no matter the bumps along the road that occur.
Awesome way of presenting it...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Trogdor the Burninator

Senior Veteran
Oct 19, 2004
✟231,147.00
Faith
Christian
Star Trek 5 was appalling I agree. But JJ Trek really sucked especially making Khan a white man in "Into Darkness"

That didn't bother me in Into Darkness, though it still wasn't as good as Wrath of Khan of course. ST:Beyond was pretty meh.

V was the worst, but Insurrection and Nemesis weren't exactly high points either.

However Contact was great. And ST:VI

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,200.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Discovery is good...but it takes awhile to get into it. They have really done well with the casting though.

Discovery still has lots of issues, even if I temporarily suspend being mystified as to how they're ultimately going to fit it into the TOS timeline.

Practically all of the characters are now better delineated than Michael Burnham. That character is still all over the map and nowhere near what a person should be who had been graduated at the top of her class from the Vulcan Science Academy and then was slated for command within seven years in Starfleet (which was better than Spock). After all that, they still give her a stereotypical "angry black woman" moment when she nearly "goes off" on Stanets, and in every other way behaving erratically.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,200.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What do you think of Lorca?? Do you think hes manipulative?

Oh, hecks, yes.

And not a nice person at all, as we saw when the Admiral was taken captive, his response was "Advise Starfleet."

That was such surprising change of character it caught Saru off-guard. Saru was expecting Lorca's usual "Get after them immediately!" But Saru doesn't (yet) realize that the admiral had just threatened Lorca's command.

That was Lorca's "crossing the Rubican." Unless they manage to twist the plot, he's got to go down for that.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,200.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No and what did you think of the previous episode at the end where we saw the reflection in the mirror just stay there? That was creepy!

That relates directly to Stanets' suddenly uncharacteristic "laid back" attitude in this latest episode. Some people are guessing that the Stanets now on Discovery is the Mirror Universe Stanets, but I don't think so. It's been established ST:TOS, ST:DS9, and ST:Enterprise that the Mirror Universe characters are unable to behave in any kind of civilized manner--and certainly not "laid back."

Of course, the problem with such speculation based on previous series is that Discovery may or may not adhere to what we know from the previous series. However, they do seem to be sticking very close to ST:Enterprise, and the Mirror Universe characters were particularly vicious in that series.

So I don't think the new Stanets is from the Mirror Universe, but there has been something mirrored about him.

Upvote 0