Everywhere
✟66,698.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Constitution
Bug and I have thing we do a few times a month...she spins the globe and where her finger lands, is where we "visit" by fixing a meal entirely of that cuisine...
Of late we've also been doing vegan and fasting recipes from those countries as well...

A great way to spend time with my girlie, and we both love cooking and baking...so it's fun...

Mr G occasionally will opt for McDonald's instead of our experiments...but oh well ^_^

Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Luckily the world is big enough for people who do not like beer. It is just good that you don't live on my block!

And I am glad that I do not live in your city. In fact, I want to move to Hawaii where the air is fresh if you are not near the volcano.

Back to food, has anyone tried poi? I love it. It is especially good when served with salted fish or salmon on top of a salad bed along with avocados, tomatoes, red bell peppers, carrots, and olives. Yum. It is not good served like breakfast cereal with honey and milk. Ugh.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Bug and I have thing we do a few times a month...she spins the globe and where her finger lands, is where we "visit" by fixing a meal entirely of that cuisine...
Of late we've also been doing vegan and fasting recipes from those countries as well...

A great way to spend time with my girlie, and we both love cooking and baking...so it's fun...

Mr G occasionally will opt for McDonald's instead of our experiments...but oh well ^_^

McDonalds? Oh my. One can die on that cuisine.

Please do share some of your international cuisines.

Hey, do we have an international cuisine thread here in TAW? I think not, as I have only seen ones intended for fasting. That would be a great thread, and possibly it could be stuck on top for easy reference?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Photini

Gone.
Jun 24, 2003
✟18,808.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
My friends that live near me actually get free beer from me on a pretty regular basis.

I wish I lived near friends. I don't make friends very easily at all because I tend to be more quiet than what most people are comfortable with. I have one friend in this town (other than the hubby) and I've known her since I was like six years old. Despite how long we've known each other, she still doesn't seem to "get me" and I only hear from her maybe once a month or every other month. It's sad isn't it? I'm over thirty years old and can count on one hand how many friends I've had my whole life. *sigh*

I'll have that beer now. :)

Reactions: Gwenyfur
Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hi, Photini,

Has your job situation changed? I am praying for you.

There was a recent article in the NY Times which said that people all across the USA are cutting back on med, even so-called essential ones.

One the other hand, the drug companies are urging doctors to prescribe Statin drugs for three year old children if they have a hereditary family condition of high blood pressure even though they are not having any symptoms yet. The drugging of America continues.

When I went to fill my thyroid prescription, there were no lines and no waiting. Two years ago, I would wait an hour or two.

Upvote 0

Photini

Gone.
Jun 24, 2003
✟18,808.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
MR

No, the job situation hasn't changed.

As for the prescription drugs. Maybe it is going down, maybe not. I don't see the drug companies struggling yet...or any of the large chain drug stores. The independant pharmacies are in trouble, though. That is mainly due to the pathetic reimbursements from insurance companies. Unless you deal with a very high volume of prescriptions, the reimbursement from insurance companies is barely enough to stay in business. The only way that many of them are surviving is by specializing in diabetic supplies, ostomy, or fertility drugs, DME, etc.

In my 10 years spent in pharmacy, I only saw prescription volume rising at astounding rates. Especially in the number of prescriptions that children are taking. Very sad if you ask me. We still do not know what the long term effects of all these different ADHD meds are going to be. I hope that there will be no harm, but most of them are amphetamines, so I can see the potential there for heart problems. But I'm not a doctor, so I'm definitely not qualified to make a judgement. I know those drugs have helped many children immensely....but sadly, I think they are over-prescribed.

I'll get off my soap box now. :)

BTW, I STRONGLY doubt I'll ever go back to working in pharmacy.

Upvote 0
K

Kolya

Hi Photini,:wave:

A belated thanks for the icon link you gave me.

On your post topic, one of our local Papers here had a Headline this week
"Academic says ADHD does not exist!" I did not get to read the article, but I have long pondered and debated about this current generation just "got" this Syndrome? I was a lively, outspoken kid in class and my teachers could handle me! So what gives?

Anyhow, it's log off time for me. I did confession at Vespers tonight for tomorrow and my fast starts now. I better get some shut-eye.

Good night all.:wave:
May the Blessing of the Trinity and the Protection of our beloved Theotokos and of all the Blessed Saints be with you all.

Many years!

Kolya

Upvote 0

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I wish I lived near friends. I don't make friends very easily at all because I tend to be more quiet than what most people are comfortable with. I have one friend in this town (other than the hubby) and I've known her since I was like six years old. Despite how long we've known each other, she still doesn't seem to "get me" and I only hear from her maybe once a month or every other month. It's sad isn't it? I'm over thirty years old and can count on one hand how many friends I've had my whole life. *sigh*

I'll have that beer now. :)

Believe it or not, it has actually taken me over 2 years here in Pittsburgh to start forming a small group of friends here (other than my wife). I can be very, very outgoing at times and yet I still have a bit of a difficult time making new friends when I move to a new city or begin a new situation in life. The only time that was not true was in 2004 when the divorce was finalized, I made a bunch of new friends in a matter of weeks and that made the trainwreck of the divorce so much easier to digest for me. Yes it is sad how life has treated you and I thoroughly understand exactly where you have been.

I wonder if they will let me ship beer to MO???

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm not sure. There are wine and beer "clubs" that ship here.

PA is ridiculous when it comes to alcohol. Beer can only be bought in state authorized distributors and six pack shops and alcohol cant be shipped into PA except through the state system. Any wine that is in PA that was not bought through the state system is subject to huge fines, etc. It really is quite ridiculous!

Upvote 0

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi Photini,:wave:

A belated thanks for the icon link you gave me.

On your post topic, one of our local Papers here had a Headline this week
"Academic says ADHD does not exist!" I did not get to read the article, but I have long pondered and debated about this current generation just "got" this Syndrome? I was a lively, outspoken kid in class and my teachers could handle me! So what gives?

Anyhow, it's log off time for me. I did confession at Vespers tonight for tomorrow and my fast starts now. I better get some shut-eye.

Good night all.:wave:
May the Blessing of the Trinity and the Protection of our beloved Theotokos and of all the Blessed Saints be with you all.

Many years!

Kolya

Sleep well my friend!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.