Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
As for it being illegal, why would that matter -- no one ever breaks the law? If they had a citizenship question, it would stop illegals from stating they are citizens?

I think that right there is the issue. It wouldn't stop them from claiming they are citizens. However the Census Bureau records everything from birth certificates, death certificates, mirage licences, voting rolls ect. If an illegal stated they were a citizen they might face repercussions, even deportation. Again, if they are illegal and stated they are not a citizen they might face repercussions, even deportation. I believe this is the sole reason people do not want that question asked. They intend to protect illegal aliens. Not immigrants... illegal aliens.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Immigrant groups have been targeted for deportation in the past, yes even the legal ones. As I said, this administration is not immigrant friendly. If I was a legal immigrant I would be very leery of how my information might be used and likely skip it.

What legal immigrant groups have been targeted?

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's just when they spoke in Spanish they made it known to whom they are speaking. I don't think they care about Americans any longer.
Everything they said in Spanish they also said in English.

I don't understand why anyone would feel left out.

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nevertheless, it is not uncommon to have more people vote in a precinct than there are registered voters. Its always put off as some sort of clerical error that cannot be corrected.
Source?

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

The people in this article committed crimes after service. However I do not believe in foreigners even serving in the American military.

anything ranging from serious felonies all the way down to minor offenses like cashing a bad check — were kicked out of the country.

Many, like Barajas, are from Mexico. He lived there only briefly as a child, but after he was accused of attempted murder, he was sent back across the border in 2004. Barajas ended up pleading guitly to the charge of discharging a firearm, but he says he has served his time and deserves to return to his real home — the United States.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That is one form of check. You are correct. How do we assure non citizens are not voting?
In order to be on the voter roll you have to be registered and in order to be registered you must show proof to citizenship when you register.

• Agree
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Everything they said in Spanish they also said in English.

I don't understand why anyone would feel left out.

People supporting democrats and the left are defacing american flags, raising the Mexican flag on US soil, opposing immigration enforcement, and fighting for open borders. The democrats in office are talking about concentration camps, want to ban ICE, opening sanctuary cities, and debate for the Presidency of America speaking Spanish.

See a common thread here? It is all about non Americans. I don't see how you don't get what I am saying here. I do not believe Democrats are fighting for their traditional constituents anymore. Their support for Americans has fallen to the wayside of illegals.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
In order to be on the voter roll you have to be registered and in order to be registered you must show proof to citizenship when you register.

Or you can try to be slick and roll an entire cart full of absentee ballets down the hall.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I think that right there is the issue. It wouldn't stop them from claiming they are citizens. However the Census Bureau records everything from birth certificates, death certificates, mirage licences, voting rolls ect

But they don't reveal census pii. Census pii is locked in the tightest vault the US has under title 13 of the US code:

Title 13, U.S. Code - History - U.S. Census Bureau

The census bureau isn't even allowed to release this to the FBI. So, for example if the FBI has video and eye witness evidence that Joe Bloggs murdered 20 people with a pencil, they cannot get his address from the census bureau.

If an illegal stated they were a citizen they might face repercussions, even deportation.

Not from the census they wont.

I believe this is the sole reason people do not want that question asked. They intend to protect illegal aliens. Not immigrants... illegal aliens.

On the contrary, the sole reason people do want this asked is to ensure that immigrant (legal and illegal) heavy parts of the USA are under represented in the census.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
People supporting democrats and the left are defacing american flags, raising the Mexican flag on US soil, opposing immigration enforcement, and fighting for open borders. The democrats in office are talking about concentration camps, want to ban ICE, opening sanctuary cities, and debate for the Presidency of America speaking Spanish.

See a common thread here? It is all about non Americans. I don't see how you don't get what I am saying here. I do not believe Democrats are fighting for their traditional constituents anymore. Their support for Americans has fallen to the wayside of illegals.
What's really important is what their traditional constituents believe, your opinions notwithstanding.

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They know it went to a certain household -- and I suspect that if someone filled out that George Jetson and 15 kids lived in my home that they'd likely flag it and send a census worker to visit and double check the information. That wouldn't help them know who filled out the information -- it is still anonymous.

As for it being illegal, why would that matter -- no one ever breaks the law? If they had a citizenship question, it would stop illegals from stating they are citizens?

Also, I'd be curious to hear of all the people who have been prosecuted for not filling out census forms? Particularly when the evidence is that millions aren't counted in each census.
They used to send my daughter a long form ACS every few years. The Census Bureau sends them out every year but the same household should only get one in five years. I suspect that she got them more often because she was one of the few people who actually sent it back. She gets really peeved over the long form as it takes quite a while to fill out and is too invasive.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It happens often, but for one example you need check no further than the recount of the 2016 presidential election in Michigan which the Green Party candidate paid to have recounted--until such an overcount (a big one) was discovered in a Detroit precinct and they said nothing could be done to correct it.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I believe this is the sole reason people do not want that question asked. They intend to protect illegal aliens. Not immigrants... illegal aliens.
If all people, including illegals, don't fill out the census funding for schools, public health clinics, etc. will not be accurate. The census should not hurt communities.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
But they don't reveal census pii. Census pii is locked in the tightest vault the US has under title 13 of the US code:

Title 13, U.S. Code - History - U.S. Census Bureau

The census bureau isn't even allowed to release this to the FBI. So, for example if the FBI has video and eye witness evidence that Joe Bloggs murdered 20 people with a pencil, they cannot get his address from the census bureau.

Not from the census they wont.

On the contrary, the sole reason people do want this asked is to ensure that immigrant (legal and illegal) heavy parts of the USA are under represented in the census.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Had I presented that info it would be refuted immediately. Now that a non-Trump supporter presented it I have something to work with.

It is absolutely impossible to get someones info from the census. So no legal immigrant has even a remote reason to worry about their legal immigration status simply by stating they are a non citizen. Thank you. The problem lies with individuals that are not in the country legally and lie, or those who refuse to answer and catch an outside charge. Once they are in the legal system to receive a fine, or a sentence, the court can look into them. No, the census itself cannot provide their information, but the census will oust many individuals that have remained in the shadows. Simply because a 'Tad smith' was not born in 1975 in the area where an illegal said they were born, and the census contacts them to verify their info. Well SS# 000-00-000 belongs to Tad Smith and he died in 1928. Now they get charged for lying on their census and go before a judge.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Had I presented that info it would be refuted immediately. Now that a non-Trump supporter presented it I have something to work with.

You're welcome, I guess.

It is absolutely impossible to get someones info from the census.

Pretty much.

So no legal immigrant has even a remote reason to worry about their legal immigration status simply by stating they are a non citizen.

Correct.

The problem lies with individuals that are not in the country legally and lie, or those who refuse to answer and catch an outside charge

Incorrect.

Since it is, as you stated, absolutely impossible to get pii from the census, legal status is irrelevant to the question. Absolutely impossible is absolutely impossible.

but the census will oust many individuals that have remained in the shadows.

No, it wont. Because, to use your language again, it's absolutely impossible to do so.

Simply because a 'Tad smith' was not born in 1975 in the area where an illegal said they were born, and the census contacts them to verify their info. Well SS# 000-00-000 belongs to Tad Smith and he died in 1928. Now they get charged for lying on their census and go before a judge.

That's not how it works, because that would be accessing the pii which you agreed at the top of this post was absolutely impossible.

ETA Also, the census doesn't ask for your SS#.

Last edited:
Upvote 0