Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The Census Bureau can press formal charges for non-compliance and for lying on your form. They can impose fines that are enforced by law and law enforcement. NONE OF THEIR CENSUS INFORMATION IS SHARED but they can be brought up on charges.

And if they tell the truth then nothing at all happens.

Once in the legal system other charges and consequences can be applied.

Only if data is shared. Otherwise that cannot happen.

And you still haven't explained how anyone can work out if someone lied.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟346,393.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Please forgive me, but this is the internet. You could be anyone that does anything. I would be more than thankful if you have any insight to share, however can you please cite some source?
No I can't cite some source because I'm speaking on my personal experience.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Explain. How do we check to see if illegals are not placed into the system. Not voters at the booth only, but also absentee ballets?
Historically, absentee ballots are prey to Republican operatives, not to undocumented immigrants.

The proof of citizenship required to register to vote is far more rigorous than what is required on a consensus form. Wait, no proof is required on a consensus form! None!

And as you suddenly stated screeching, “NONE OF THEIR INFORMATION IS SHARED!” Yet you think the census is some kind of fail sage against voter fraud?

Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Historically, absentee ballots are prey to Republican operatives, not to undocumented immigrants.

The proof of citizenship required to register to vote is far more rigorous than what is required on a consensus form. Wait, no proof is required on a consensus form! None!

And as you suddenly stated screeching, “NONE OF THEIR INFORMATION IS SHARED!” Yet you think the census is some kind of fail sage against voter fraud?

This is one of those conversations I cannot explain what I am saying no matter how hard I try.

Last time. And very concise.

A census records data and statistics that create trends. if you have 300 votes cast but only 200 eligible citizens in the area something is amiss. But if you do not have an account of, or differentiation between american citizens and illegals than you just have 300 voters on the logs and none is the wiser. Doesn't matter what party you blame, dead people and illegals have been voting for decades with absentee ballots.

Their is an entire slew of laws and punishments in the USC that an individual could commit anything from a misdemeanor to a felony and serve time in prison. These offences can be investigated, and are enforceable. There is case law of prosecuted individuals. You have to be silly to think the information provide to them is not scrutinized if they have punishments for falsifying information.

upload_2019-7-16_0-34-35.png

upload_2019-7-16_0-49-56.png

None of their information is shared. The charges are for not answering or lying. One would have to assume that if you lie, that information is not protected and can be used to prosecute you. However, if you answer the form truthfully, all your information will ever become is a statistic; even if you are an illegal. You cannot be prosecuted for answering truthfully.

I was saying that the fear of persecution would cause illegals to either not comply or lie. And that action would almost certifiably incur the wrath of Trump. Just by getting in trouble and getting a $100 fine puts them on the radar.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟329,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is one of those conversations I cannot explain what I am saying no matter how hard I try.

Last time. And very concise.

A census records data and statistics that create trends. if you have 300 votes cast but only 200 eligible citizens in the area something is amiss. But if you do not have an account of, or differentiation between american citizens and illegals than you just have 300 voters on the logs and none is the wiser. Doesn't matter what party you blame, dead people and illegals have been voting for decades with absentee ballots.

I just don't see how this helps. Sure, the census is done in 2020 -- but they data from that census won't be released until March of 2021. So we won't have census information available in time to help with the 2020 election. Then, at the time of the next national elections in 2022, the information is almost 3 years old so it's possible that 200 citizen town, at the time of the census, does actually have 300 people if it is fast growing.

Secondly, even if it could point to an error, how would it fix anything? You have 300 people who registered to vote, who were all required to show proof of citizenship when they registered. There is no legal method for a local voting board to require people to re-register, or even to come back and prove to them they are citizens. Nor would the census help reveal which people should be voting or which shouldn't.

Basically, the census data is outdated by the time they'd want to use it to confirm the number of votes, and it is useless in helping to determine who, if anyone, should not be registered to vote. I just can't see where it would help at all.

Their is an entire slew of laws and punishments in the USC that an individual could commit anything from a misdemeanor to a felony and serve time in prison. These offences can be investigated, and are enforceable. There is case law of prosecuted individuals. You have to be silly to think the information provide to them is not scrutinized if they have punishments for falsifying information.

View attachment 259570

View attachment 259571

None of their information is shared. The charges are for not answering or lying. One would have to assume that if you lie, that information is not protected and can be used to prosecute you. However, if you answer the form truthfully, all your information will ever become is a statistic; even if you are an illegal. You cannot be prosecuted for answering truthfully.

I was saying that the fear of persecution would cause illegals to either not comply or lie. And that action would almost certifiably incur the wrath of Trump. Just by getting in trouble and getting a $100 fine puts them on the radar.

Again, how often do these crimes get prosecuted? What is more interesting, in 2010 it was Republicans that encouraged people not to fully fill out census forms.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I just don't see how this helps. Sure, the census is done in 2020 -- but they data from that census won't be released until March of 2021. So we won't have census information available in time to help with the 2020 election. Then, at the time of the next national elections in 2022, the information is almost 3 years old so it's possible that 200 citizen town, at the time of the census, does actually have 300 people if it is fast growing.

Secondly, even if it could point to an error, how would it fix anything? You have 300 people who registered to vote, who were all required to show proof of citizenship when they registered. There is no legal method for a local voting board to require people to re-register, or even to come back and prove to them they are citizens. Nor would the census help reveal which people should be voting or which shouldn't.

Basically, the census data is outdated by the time they'd want to use it to confirm the number of votes, and it is useless in helping to determine who, if anyone, should not be registered to vote. I just can't see where it would help at all.

Again, how often do these crimes get prosecuted? What is more interesting, in 2010 it was Republicans that encouraged people not to fully fill out census forms.

Thank you for you response. Unfortunately as I stated that it was my last attempt above I am moving on. I was attempting to explain myself on a very simple issue. Instead it turned into an entire debate of issues Im not even bringing up. Next it will be but you said. The it will be something else into perpetuity.

I understand your point of veiw and I agree it will not be completely accurate when needed as you stated. I still feel it needs to be done, regularly, from now on.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A census records data and statistics that create trends. if you have 300 votes cast but only 200 eligible citizens in the area something is amiss. But if you do not have an account of, or differentiation between american citizens and illegals than you just have 300 voters on the logs and none is the wiser.

We already have voter registration lists and numbers. We know how many voters are registered in an area, and we can see when there is a discrepancy. The census would give us no new data in that regard, and unlike voter registration, no documentation of citizenship is required with a census. A census counts everyone, not just registered voters, so again the numbers would be absolutely useless. @SimplyMe already addressed the impossibility of that data being available and still accurate at the time of each of the many elections that follow a census.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
No I can't cite some source because I'm speaking on my personal experience.
You can cite me; I was a crew boss in the last round. But I don't think it will do any good; LM really wants to believe something else.

Upvote 0