United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sometimes the restoration takes time - and experiences with healthier dedicated, pure people, in order to untangle the damage. We can be healed of a broken bone, and when the cast is removed (because the bone is healed) there is atrophy in the supporting connective tissue and the area is still weakened.

So pray for God to send helpful, godly, healthy, pure people to help you step into the light of day and experience a renewed mind. The renewing of your mind is not a one-off experience, but continual.
To where are you drawing this need from?

I don't want to be proud, and gather you must be drawing my needs from something I have written?

I think that the Lord has been leading and guiding me well and has placed me in a seemingly good church with opportunities for more fellowship and support.

The reason I was wondering about soul ties wasn't for myself. It was wondering if the Pastors of my old church are being unbiblical. It is also because I heard that information a day or so after telling a dear friend of mine that she was being misled over the internet that soul ties aren't a thing to be concerned with as our soul is the Lords. It's just the timing of the two incidents is thought provoking and I feel like I need to know a little more to fathom if I should keep my mouth closed before speaking out in future. Because I feel that I should have kept quiet about this one, but if they do exist I should maybe retract what I said.

However, on since googling the preacher she had mentioned a few days prior to it I think he was misleading. He seems to say that we Christians can be possessed according to an hearsay articke I read. So I'm looking for scripture and advice for peace of mind as I should have forgotten this by now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Right...

Have no idea if there is anywhere else to post this... so I apologise in advance for probably posting in the wrong place like last time. Please be gentle with me as I'm not fond of debate.

1) What are soul ties? I had never heard of them until someone from my old Church phoned a couple weeks ago and told me that the new Pastors at my old church were setting up in ministry to loosen them or something.

2) Is there any biblical basis for separating them at all?

3) Any traditional Church basis?

Thank you very much. At the moment from all I have read I only see a one flesh relationship and God said no man should separate. So feel like God gave me a new Church home at the right time. However, it keeps coming up in my mind and can't let it go until I know whether it is unbiblical or not.

Having sexual relations with someone (outside of marriage and Godliness) is the closest 2 people can get, and when we give our bodies to one another in this way, something happens in our soul, there is an impartation in the spirit. Something about the man and the woman is shared in the spirit and it ties the souls together if it is of a Godly marriage relationship that is good, but if it is worldly living in sin and lust, that becomes a part of you, and you become a part of them. Thus equalling soul ties.
Just diving in .
Solomon..it is not that I disagree with you on the premise.

But there is no biblical basis offered in your reply.

Soul tie..is a modern terminology .

Its closest scriptural referencecwoukd be “bondage“

The soul it's mostly agreed speaks of the realm of the thoughts and emotion .collectively. And is the realm in which the demonic plays havoc . scripturally-.before we are born again we live..“ according to the course of this world fulfilling the lists of the Flesh And of the Mind .“ eph2.
And the flesh speaks of the body and it's desire. It has nateral desire (hunger, thirst, too hot ,too cold )and it has Evil desire ... This is why we are told to walk in “the spirit“ and we will not fufil the evil desire of the flesh“.

Soul tie is simply a modern term describing when a person is in their mind and emotion sinfully bound to another person spirit thing ..
If a person reminenses over a past thing which causes them longings ..this would be described as a soul the.
Something is binding them emtionally and spiritually to their past.
The demonic causes people to become anxious and extremely depressed ..so they are scriptually in bonadage.

Sometimes they need simply repent of sin they have not let go of.
When prayed for, demons can simply be driven out and the bondage Broken and the person set free.

Scripturally Jesus told us to do this a long with heal the sick ,preach the gospel, ...drive out Devils....

The Gospel us KEY..it must be believed and obeyed.
If it is not,then every other activity embarked upon becomes vainity.

Reactions: Sam91
Upvote 0
Nov 10, 2013
Rochester, NY
✟8,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm not a Christian any longer, although I do get notifications from here still, and I like to try to help people based on what I've learned while Christian.

I may be missing something, but it appears to me there isn't even a problem. Although the Christianity I followed is more liberal/forgiving probably. I think Christ would want us all to come as we are, and yes, our ties can affect us, but if this person was a good influence, I do not see the need to sever bonds or anything. We should treasure any positive bonds we've made. We can keep memories of departed loved ones in our hearts, while at the same time moving forward, and continuing to focus on serving him. Of course, there are also dark souls, who will try to drag people down. Sometimes it's best to not waste any energy on these people. But for those with discernment, it is fairly easy to see who to avoid.

As long as you seek to serve God with an earnest heart, and pray to him regularly, I think there is nothing to worry about. Treasure those who are there for you and give you strength in your walk, and cast away those who are negative influences in your life.

Hopefully this advice is useful :)

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,737.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Right...

Have no idea if there is anywhere else to post this... so I apologise in advance for probably posting in the wrong place like last time. Please be gentle with me as I'm not fond of debate.

1) What are soul ties? I had never heard of them until someone from my old Church phoned a couple weeks ago and told me that the new Pastors at my old church were setting up in ministry to loosen them or something.

I had to Google the term. Soul ties, that is some sort of spiritual link between two souls, is not a thing.

Can't separate what doesn't exist.

Not at all.

The closest thing you'll find is that if someone were, say, in an abusive relationship it would leave emotional and psychological scars, and that it is the Church's job to bring healing through love, compassion, and provide and/or point to counseling services to help the healing process. But this is about caring about our neighbor, loving those who have been hurt and caring for them, in mind, body, and soul. But the idea that there's some sort of invisible wire that links ghosts inside our bodies that somehow can let Satan hijack one person in a network to upload computer viruses is complete and utter garbage nonsense.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Galatea

Oct 18, 2016
Alabama
✟70,081.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Never heard of it before this thread.

I WILL say, if you are saved, then the Holy Spirit is within you, and where the Holy Spirit is, demons can not be. Saved people CAN NOT be possessed by demons.

"Perfect love casts out fear."

And His love is perfect.

God takes our sins and places them as far as the East is from the West.

Of course, this is not a license to sin- as you stated we are supposed to present our bodies a living sacrifice.

Please rest your heart and mind about your worry for your friend.

Upvote 0

the old scribe

old scribe
Site Supporter
May 13, 2017
Arlington, TX
✟89,899.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is not intended for the originator of this thread but maybe helpful insights for all who read.

Soul ties real or not – whatever the theological understanding, those participating in intercourse outside of biblical marriage know themselves unclean and shuttering before the LORD. Soul ties might be about demons, but it is about brokenness.

While for some, repentance may be enough to feel divine forgiveness, but for others, for whatever reason, they need restoration – to be made whole again

The period of sorrow depends upon the individual. Some will want to name it penance, but it is not being sorrowful enough to be forgiven. It is not punishment or works. Restoration – being made whole again is about surrendering to the LORD and loving Him and hating the wicked desires.

We are so selfish and passionate for our fleshly desires, that it might require considerable suffering and our own obstinate barrier to the Holy LORD before our desire for the Holy Presence of the LORD destroys the desires of the flesh. Suffer in hope and hate all that you have done – hate it over and over and over and long for the touch of the LORD. A day will come when the rush of life giving waters will make you whole again.

"ONE FLESH" might ought to be understood in relationship to the divine blood covenants.
The cutting of Abram's flesh as a sign of the covenant with the LORD in that the seed of Abraham would bless the world. The seed is propagated with the reminder of the cut flesh - circumcision. Becoming "one flesh" seems to be a covenant sign for the divinely sanctioned joining of a man and woman in matrimony. The one flesh may just be spiritual but it is made before the LORD, and all the curses of breaking the divine covenants apply.

Upvote 0

Galatea

Oct 18, 2016
Alabama
✟70,081.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is not intended for the originator of this thread but maybe helpful insights for all who read.

Soul ties real or not – whatever the theological understanding, those participating in intercourse outside of biblical marriage know themselves unclean and shuttering before the LORD. Soul ties might be about demons, but it is about brokenness.

While for some, repentance may be enough to feel divine forgiveness, but for others, for whatever reason, they need restoration – to be made whole again

The period of sorrow depends upon the individual. Some will want to name it penance, but it is not being sorrowful enough to be forgiven. It is not punishment or works. Restoration – being made whole again is about surrendering to the LORD and loving Him and hating the wicked desires.

We are so selfish and passionate for our fleshly desires, that it might require considerable suffering and our own obstinate barrier to the Holy LORD before our desire for the Holy Presence of the LORD destroys the desires of the flesh. Suffer in hope and hate all that you have done – hate it over and over and over and long for the touch of the LORD. A day will come when the rush of life giving waters will make you whole again.

"ONE FLESH" might ought to be understood in relationship to the divine blood covenants.
The cutting of Abram's flesh as a sign of the covenant with the LORD in that the seed of Abraham would bless the world. The seed is propagated with the reminder of the cut flesh - circumcision. Becoming "one flesh" seems to be a covenant sign for the divinely sanctioned joining of a man and woman in matrimony. The one flesh may just be spiritual but it is made before the LORD, and all the curses of breaking the divine covenants apply.
Forgiveness is not incumbent upon one's sorrow. It is there, ready for the taking.

Don't get me wrong, godly sorrow is good- but self flagellation over and over again about sin is no good. God is not a sadist, He doesn't want people to beat themselves up over sins AFTER THEY ARE OUT OF THEM.

What I mean is this, if I am getting drunk every night- I would be miserable and sorrowing because I am out of God's will and out of fellowship with Him. But if I STOP getting drunk and ask for forgiveness and the strength not to relapse, then sorrowing is over.

Godly sorrow worketh repentance.

Not repentance worketh godly sorrow. The sorrow BRINGS you to repentance.

The Prodigal Son was an absolute mess in the far country, sorrowing. But when he came home, there was no more sorrow.

Forgetting those things which are behind, I press toward the mark of the high calling which is in Christ Jesus.

Sorry for being strong, here, but I think the sorrow is while you are in your sins- not after you have repented.

Upvote 0

megabuff

Feb 18, 2011
✟23,831.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not a Christian any longer, although I do get notifications from here still, and I like to try to help people based on what I've learned while Christian.

I may be missing something, but it appears to me there isn't even a problem. Although the Christianity I followed is more liberal/forgiving probably. I think Christ would want us all to come as we are, and yes, our ties can affect us, but if this person was a good influence, I do not see the need to sever bonds or anything. We should treasure any positive bonds we've made. We can keep memories of departed loved ones in our hearts, while at the same time moving forward, and continuing to focus on serving him. Of course, there are also dark souls, who will try to drag people down. Sometimes it's best to not waste any energy on these people. But for those with discernment, it is fairly easy to see who to avoid.

As long as you seek to serve God with an earnest heart, and pray to him regularly, I think there is nothing to worry about. Treasure those who are there for you and give you strength in your walk, and cast away those who are negative influences in your life.

Hopefully this advice is useful :)

Sorry to see you have fallen Brother or sister :(

Upvote 0

megabuff

Feb 18, 2011
✟23,831.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

megabuff

Feb 18, 2011
✟23,831.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I can share my experience were my X wife had been committing adultery without any remorse and after enduring many mths of pain and still feeling the loss, someone mentioned soul ties and i found and prayed the prayer, twice actually but both times my heart was not really in it and i didn't feel any different.

I eventually reached the point where i had to let go and so I prayed the prayer with meaning and passion, and then i felt free from the past connection and the pain.

Praise God

Upvote 0

muchado

Jan 31, 2006
✟10,655.00
Faith
Christian
Right...

Thank you very much. At the moment from all I have read I only see a one flesh relationship and God said no man should separate. So feel like God gave me a new Church home at the right time. However, it keeps coming up in my mind and can't let it go until I know whether it is unbiblical or not.

Hi Sam,

You are right to ask this question. If you search the scripture for "soul ties", you will not find it. There are some generally well-meaning people who are claiming spiritual authority for this. We have had trouble in our church with people who have been misled into wrong teaching. I have twice been through a course that teaches this - "Cleansing Stream". When Jesus died for your sins and as you trust and believe in Him, as you obey His words (as he called us to) and as you go on being filled with His Holy Spirit, that is it. No need to address "soul ties". Ask the person where these ties are mentioned in scripture.

There is a good explanation of the problems with this concept and with the Cleansing Stream ministry here (Cleansing Stream). Please note that by sharing this, I do not endorse the remainder of the website.

Upvote 0

muchado

Jan 31, 2006
✟10,655.00
Faith
Christian
I can share my experience were my X wife had been committing adultery without any remorse and after enduring many mths of pain and still feeling the loss, someone mentioned soul ties and i found and prayed the prayer, twice actually but both times my heart was not really in it and i didn't feel any different.

I eventually reached the point where i had to let go and so I prayed the prayer with meaning and passion, and then i felt free from the past connection and the pain.

Praise God
DearMegabuff,

I am do not in any way question your experience, but I would question the scriptural basis for "Soul Ties". It sounds as though what you were doing was to let go of the resentment that you felt, forgiving and receiving assurance of forgiveness and God's love for you. May God continue to bless you.

Upvote 0

muchado

Jan 31, 2006
✟10,655.00
Faith
Christian
You see that's the thing. If according to Romans 12:1 oh I see it says 'your body's' ... I was going to say 'present youselves as living sacrifices'... then again a body houses yr soul. But my point is that if I am cleansed through the blood of Jesus, classed as 'Holy and righteous' due towhat Jesus did, I shouldn't have any soul ties. I prayed about it last night and felt like I was praying needlessly. I am yet to be convinced that I'm spiritually unclean and that my soul isn't God's alone.

Is this biblical, the ministry part of it?

Sam,

You are quite right that you "should not have 'soul ties'". I have watched people go through "ministry" like this many times and, while they find some relief from the support of people on the ministry, yet they are still hung up with the underlying problems. I have also seen people needlessly worrying that they have not managed to break all the soul ties. "What happens if I still have some left and I don't know what they are?"! This is a spirit of fear and that does not come from God (2 Tim 1:7).

If you have turned to God and have repented (and are repenting) of your sins and if you are walking with Christ and are taking up your cross (Mt 16:24-25), then you are doing what you need to do. Our main struggle is with the self, since nothing, not even the enemy cannot snatch you from God's hand (Rom 8:38-39) - his main weapon is to tempt you to turn away from Jesus.

Upvote 0

muchado

Jan 31, 2006
✟10,655.00
Faith
Christian
If you have turned to God and have repented (and are repenting) of your sins and if you are walking with Christ and are taking up your cross (Mt 16:24-25), then you are doing what you need to do. Our main struggle is with the self, since nothing, not even the enemy cannot snatch you from God's hand (Rom 8:38-39) - his main weapon is to tempt you to turn away from Jesus.
Sorry, that should be...

If you have turned to God and have repented (and are repenting) of your sins and if you are walking with Christ and are taking up your cross (Mt 16:24-25), then you are doing what you need to do. Our main struggle is with the self, since nothing, not even the enemy can snatch you from God's hand (Rom 8:38-39) - his main weapon is to tempt you to turn away from Jesus, and he uses the self, just as he did with Eve.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Something about the man and the woman is shared in the spirit and it ties the souls together
Not just the souls. The bodies also come together as do the spirits. When Moses wrote "the two shall become one flesh," you have to remember the ancient Hebrews did not recognize a division of body soul and spirit. And I think we sometimes are too influenced by Greek thought into making too much of such divisions. One whole person is linked on many levels to another whole person when they have sex.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
then again a body houses yr soul.
That puts too much separation between the 2. It implies that your soul is the REAL you and the body is not.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
When I think of soul ties I think of familiar spirits that latch on you and keep reoccurring due to the vices you choose to cope with life. ( could be wrong,,in fact I think I am..I think what I'm describing is just a familiar spirit)

But I think someone else answer made alot of sense..... That soul ties are soulish or spiritual ties that link you to one person

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
That puts too much separation between the 2. It implies that your soul is the REAL you and the body is not.
I honestly think it is... This body is just a vessel that contains our soul.

Upvote 0