✟101,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is no different than the jews misunderstanding of separating oneself

And those who outwardly declared themselves unclean were more righteous than those who sidestepped them for fear of becoming unclean

Our ministry was to bring what is ynckean to the ONE who washes and makes clean.

Upvote 0

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
the first Passover had stipulations about the foreigner amongst those Covenanted to GOD that they were not to treat the foreigner as a foreigner

Those foreigners who wanted also to celebrate the Passover needed also to be circumcised

And the only way they could be circumcised would be to know about the Passover

Last edited:
Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And Paul when he had to instruct the church at Corinth because those who were married ALREADY one spouse became a believer while the other spouse did not

Paul did not instruct these couples to separate. He said the unbelieving spouse was sanctified because of the believing spouse.
Otherwise their children wouldn't be holy (clean)

Of course in all things Paul stressed that we be at peace with one another so if the unbelieving spouse was willing to stay they should not divorce

But it appeared to me that the believing spouse was not to divorce the unbelieving spouse

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think it's the pastor and his wife who need prayers
Doesn't go to that church. It's internet preachers she was listening too, the guy who founded Ellel ministries amongst others.... Those pastors are from my old church, she hasn't met them.

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Doesn't go to that church. It's internet preachers she was listening too, the guy who founded Ellel ministries amongst others.... Those pastors are from my old church, she hasn't met them.
Why was she looking into online ministries?

She doesn't have a church home?

Upvote 0

stealthsaint

NIGHTHAWK 777
Jul 30, 2010
Kelowna: British Columbia
✟12,019.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Right...

Have no idea if there is anywhere else to post this... so I apologise in advance for probably posting in the wrong place like last time. Please be gentle with me as I'm not fond of debate.

1) What are soul ties? I had never heard of them until someone from my old Church phoned a couple weeks ago and told me that the new Pastors at my old church were setting up in ministry to loosen them or something.

2) Is there any biblical basis for separating them at all?

3) Any traditional Church basis?

Thank you very much. At the moment from all I have read I only see a one flesh relationship and God said no man should separate. So feel like God gave me a new Church home at the right time. However, it keeps coming up in my mind and can't let it go until I know whether it is unbiblical or not.
Pp 2:2 Make my joy full, that you think the same thing, having the same love, joined in soul, thinking the one thing,
Pp 2:3 Doing nothing by way of selfish ambition nor by way of vainglory, but in lowliness of mind considering one another more excellent than yourselves;
Pp 2:4 Not regarding each his own virtues, but each the virtues of others also.

Pp 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus,
Soul is mind, will and emotion. The mind is the trigger for willingness and emotion in doing everything. The mind controls the soul. OUR spirit is influenced by other spirits controlling other people. Thoughts come to then from OUR spirit. We have free will to choose the authority we listen to The authority over "old man Adam" of the world, or the overcoming authority of Christ's Holy Spirit. We hear both. When we receive Lord as Savior we are now given a new voice to follow. OUR choice determines OUR behavior as patterned after either voice. We can choose natural world thoughts or thoughts or KINGdom thoughts and be a KINGdom builder with an emotion of love working in accordance to OUR mind of Christ in emotion of LOVE JOINED IN SOUL.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Right...

Have no idea if there is anywhere else to post this... so I apologise in advance for probably posting in the wrong place like last time. Please be gentle with me as I'm not fond of debate.

1) What are soul ties? I had never heard of them until someone from my old Church phoned a couple weeks ago and told me that the new Pastors at my old church were setting up in ministry to loosen them or something.

2) Is there any biblical basis for separating them at all?

3) Any traditional Church basis?

Thank you very much. At the moment from all I have read I only see a one flesh relationship and God said no man should separate. So feel like God gave me a new Church home at the right time. However, it keeps coming up in my mind and can't let it go until I know whether it is unbiblical or not.
There is no basis for this idea, Biblical, Church, or otherwise. It is a new tradition among certain Pentecostal churches or charismatic groups.

Upvote 0