Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Firstly you and many does not include us gentiles, Matthew 15:24

Secondly he did not say that the new covenant has begun for them

Yet in Matthew 28:19-20 He says to go to ALL Nations...and Paul says gentiles are included...Peter's vision should tell you that too...so you disagree with Yeshua AND Paul. Good luck with that.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: ralliann
Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,741.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yet in Matthew 28:19-20 He says to go to ALL Nations...and Paul says gentiles are included...so you disagree with Yeshua AND Paul. Good luck with that.

Again, that part does not say what you want it to say.

But I know no matter how I explain you will still not be convinced, so let's agree to disagree here.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Again, that part does not say what you want it to say.

But I know no matter how I explain you will still not be convinced, so let's agree to disagree here.

It is very clear what it says. What do you think it says?????

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,150.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yet in Matthew 28:19-20 He says to go to ALL Nations...and Paul says gentiles are included...Peter's vision should tell you that too...so you disagree with Yeshua AND Paul. Good luck with that.
And lets look at what NATION / ETHNOS means .

#1 Nation is translated , PEOPLE , GENTILES , TRIBE , HEATHEN .

#2 Lets see what John 11:47 and verse 48 , the Chief Priests and Pharisees , what do we ? for this man doeth many Miracles .

#3 Verse 48 , The Romans shall come and take away both our place and NATION /ETHNOS .
Here stalking about the NATION of Israel , or is it talking about GENTILES / ETHNOS .

#4 Verse 50 , That one man should DIE for the people , and that the whole NATION / ETHNOS perish Not .

#5 Is NATION / ETHNOS , IN verse 59 referring to Jews or HEATHEN ?

Matt 28:19 where NATION / ETHNOS is used , believe it is TALKING about the JEWS in the first part of the GREAT TRIBULATION .

Any one that quotes MATT 28:19 than has to believe in WATER BAPTISM and practice Moses Law .

dan p

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,741.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is very clear what it says. What do you think it says?????

If I explain to you, you will just jump into another passage, like what you did.

This discussion will not converge. You are determined to force your personal interpretation into scripture.

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
What does the word Hebrews mean to you?
Some people think it's a language.
But others see it as the sons of Eber, great-grandson of Shem.
Eber came long before God called Jacob Israel.
Therefore, it's an anachronism to call Paul's grafted-in people "Hebrews".

And scriptures stand against your theory, as well:

Exodus 19:5-6 And now if ye will indeed hear My voice and keep My Covenant, ye shall be to Me a peculiar people above all nations, for the whole earth is Mine.[6] And ye shall be to Me a royal priesthood and a holy nation: these words shalt thou speak to the children of Israel.LXX

Isaiah 61:1-8 The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, because He has anointed Me; He has sent Me to preach glad tidings to the poor, to heal the broken in heart, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and recovery of sight to the blind;[2] to declare the acceptable year of the Lord, and the day of recompence; to comfort all that mourn;[3] that there should be given to them that mourn in Sion glory instead of ashes, the oil of joy to the mourners, the garment of glory for the spirit of heaviness, and they shall be called generations of righteousness, the planting of the Lord for glory.[4] And they shall build the old waste places, they shall raise up those that were before made desolate, and shall renew the desert cities, even those that had been desolate for many generations.[5] And strangers shall come and feed thy flocks, and aliens shall be thy ploughmen and vine-dressers.[6] But ye shall be called priests of the Lord, the ministers of God. Ye shall eat the strength of nations, and shall be admired because of their wealth.[7] Thus shall they inherit the land a second time, and everlasting joy shall be upon their head.[8] For I am the Lord who love righteousness and hate robberies of injustice, and I will give their labour to the just, and will make an Everlasting Covenant with them.LXX ... (Matthew 11:5 the poor have the Gospel preached to them.KJV)

Revelation 1:6 And made us a kingdom, priests to God, and the Father of Him...ABP
.................6 καὶ ἐποίησεν ἡμᾶς βασιλείαν, ἱερεῖς τῷ Θεῷ καὶ πατρὶ αὐτοῦ...

If means a people group. Just like Ephesians were a people group, thessoloians, Galatians, Corinthians etc. Hebrews was written to the Church of the Hebrews.

There were real places named Ephesus, Galatia and Corinth... where is the real place named Hebrew?

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

#2 Lets see what John 11:47 and verse 48 , the Chief Priests and Pharisees , what do we ? for this man doeth many Miracles .

#3 Verse 48 , The Romans shall come and take away both our place and NATION /ETHNOS .
Here stalking about the NATION of Israel , or is it talking about GENTILES / ETHNOS .

#4 Verse 50 , That one man should DIE for the people , and that the whole NATION / ETHNOS perish Not .

Matt 28:19 where NATION / ETHNOS is used , believe it is TALKING about the JEWS in the first part of the GREAT TRIBULATION .

Any one that quotes MATT 28:19 than has to believe in WATER BAPTISM and practice Moses Law .

dan p

I guess Peter never had that vision and Paul wasted his time...right?

I guess

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
If I explain to you, you will just jump into another passage, like what you did.

This discussion will not converge. You are determined to force your personal interpretation into scripture.

Um no, I am not trying to FORCE anything...you are. I am saying it means what it says and it is CLEAR what it says...

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,741.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Um no, I am not trying to FORCE anything...you are. I am saying it means what it says and it is CLEAR what it says...

If you meant that, stick to the passage we are discussing, instead of jumping to Matthew 28.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
If you meant that, stick to the passage we are discussing, instead of jumping to Matthew 28.

there is nothing wrong with using multiple passages that are within the same context to explain a concept...

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
What does the word Hebrews mean to you? Some people think it's a language. But others see it as the sons of Eber, great-grandson of Shem. Eber came long before God called Jacob Israel. Therefore, it's an anachronism to call Paul's grafted-in people "Hebrews".
And scriptures stand against your theory, as well:

If means a people group. Just like Ephesians were a people group, thessoloians, Galatians, Corinthians etc. Hebrews was written to the Church of the Hebrews.

There were real places named Ephesus, Galatia and Corinth... where is the real place named Hebrew?

Yeah. They were group by their cities or provinces. Just like not all jew's were judah.

Some people of the House of Judah are Benjamites, via Solomon's divided kingdom.
But the 10 tribes of the House of Israel were never Jews... their leader is Ephraim.
Rehoboam planned to drag the 10 tribes back under Judah... until God stopped it.

Εβραίος "Hebrew" in Luke and Paul, is a race.
Εβραϊστι "Hebrew" in John and the Revelation, is a language.

The word "church" is in Hebrews 12:18-23, where it sounds like he's trying to bring the Hebrews into Paul's church.

Apparently he never read Deuteronomy 18:15-17--Deuteronomy 18:18-19... and John 12:48-50 + John 17:6-8... the fiery mountain issue was already fixed.
And since the sacrificial system is called a way that God never wanted... the Hebrews writer also never read Isaiah 66:1-5.LXX and Jeremiah 7:22-23.LXX?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private

You really can't use the words of a later prophet to change the words of a former prophet. Since Jesus is the Deuteronomy 18:18-19 prophet, and Paul says he does prophecy in 1 Corinthians 14:6... Paul can't change the meaning of what Jesus spoke to His Disciples.

If teaching them everything Jesus taught them includes Matthew 10:5-7 (which it does), then they would have been hypocrites by saying one thing and doing another...
if they went to the gentiles and taught them 'don't to the gentiles'.

There are more Peters than one... even in Galatians, since one is living like a gentile, and one is given the apostleship of the circumcision (which means NOT living like a gentile).
And if James the Lord's brother is the one Paul met in Jerusalem in Galatians 1:18-19, then there was also more than one James.
Common names, back in the day.
Luke calls Paul's Cephas of Galatians 2:9, the name Peter, in Acts 15:7... while Act's James calls Luke's Peter the name Simon, in Acts 15:14.
Who is the Cephas, in Galatians 2:9... if Cephas was in Antioch when Paul went to Jerusalem to complain about the circumcision that came to Antioch from James, to talk with Peter in Acts 15:7... if Peter was already in Jerusalem?

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private

dan p

Gentiles is a Latin word... wrongly used in a translation from Greek to English, IMO. They seem to have it used for non-ethinic-Israel. But then, you'd have to trust them. When it comes to translators... "trust no one" seems the better option.

As for it having to be water baptism and Mosaic Law... opinions vary, there, too. If a person has already repented long ago, what purpose is water baptism? It seems to me that the purpose of John's baptism was to find the one on whom the Dove stayed. Consider it done.

Is there another reason for water baptism that I'm missing? Is it like the Elusinian Mysteries where the salt water cleanses and the river water washes away your sins? Theophile Cailleux describes this process. ... Maybe it means baptized in the Holy Spirit by the laying on of hands... good luck finding Disciples' hands today. I was baptized as an infant... did that work?

Mosaic Law has now been fully preached in Matthew's Sermon on the Mount. Do you really need to follow the ordinances that tell you to stone an adulterer to death, etc.? How would you get away with it, this day and age? And how do you know that more things like the Matthew 19:8-9 divorce law don't exist in the rest of Moses?

Last of all He sent unto them His Son, Matthew 21:37-39. What more is there, really? Deuteronomy 18:18-19 says heed what this prophet speaks in His name or God will require it of you. John 12:48-50 says those words will judge you in the last day. Believe it?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
You really can't use the words of a later prophet to change the words of a former prophet. Since Jesus is the Deuteronomy 18:18-19 prophet, and Paul says he does prophecy in 1 Corinthians 14:6... Paul can't change the meaning of what Jesus spoke to His Disciples.

If teaching them everything Jesus taught them includes Matthew 10:5-7 (which it does), then they would have been hypocrites by saying one thing and doing another...
if they went to the gentiles and taught them 'don't to the gentiles'.

There are more Peters than one... even in Galatians, since one is living like a gentile, and one is given the apostleship of the circumcision (which means NOT living like a gentile).
And if James the Lord's brother is the one Paul met in Jerusalem in Galatians 1:18-19, then there was also more than one James.
Common names, back in the day.
Luke calls Paul's Cephas of Galatians 2:9, the name Peter, in Acts 15:7... while Act's James calls Luke's Peter the name Simon, in Acts 15:14.
Who is the Cephas, in Galatians 2:9... if Cephas was in Antioch when Paul went to Jerusalem to complain about the circumcision that came to Antioch from James, to talk with Peter in Acts 15:7... if Peter was already in Jerusalem?

There was more than one Yeshua also then???...it also was a very common name. Saying that is all too convenient for the argument...again, was Paul wrong to go to the gentiles, did he waste his time? Did Simon Peter's (Kepha) vision never happen?? I am not changing anything! Paul says "to the Jew fist and then to the gerim". Yeshua came first to Israel. that is why He said that first. But AFTER the resurrection, He said to now go to others too. Was James wrong at the first council of Jerusalem? Were they ALL wrong???????

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private

There was more than one Yeshua also then???...it also was a very common name.
Saying that is all too convenient for the argument...again, was Paul wrong to go to the gentiles, did he waste his time?
Did Simon Peter's (Kepha) vision never happen??
I am not changing anything! Paul says "to the Jew fist and then to the gerim".
Yeshua came first to Israel. that is why He said that first. But AFTER the resurrection, He said to now go to others too.
Was James wrong at the first council of Jerusalem? Were they ALL wrong???????

1. Ihsous is the transliteration of Ιησους... does that change your first question?
2. In Galatians, there's one Peter expected to live like the gentiles and another Peter who has the apostleship of the circumcision (aka not living like the gentiles).
2b. Obviously Paul didn't waste his time because the whole world is following Paul... with only thousands abstaining.
3. I don't twist the scriptures of Matthew and John and the Revelation to match Luke and Paul... I keep them separate to avoid doing that.
4. Was Acts wrong about sending Paul far away to the gentiles? Or Paul was disobedient?
5. Matthew 15:24 Jesus wasn't sent to anyone but the Lost Sheep of the House of Israel, and He sent His Disciples to the same, Matthew 10:5-7. Matthew 28:18-20 actually says to teach what He had taught them, and "don't go to the gentiles" would have been one of the things they taught. Not being hypocrites, they wouldn't have done one thing and taught another. These Lost Sheep scattered among the nations are the Other Sheep which Jesus must also bring (John 10:16, John 17:20).
6. Galatians 1:18-19 calls James the half-brother of Jesus an apostle, AND the one he met in Jerusalem. That's not one of the 12 Disciples of Matthew 10.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
1. Ihsous is the transliteration of Ιησους... does that change your first question?
2. In Galatians, there's one Peter expected to live like the gentiles and another Peter who has the apostleship of the circumcision (aka not living like the gentiles).
2b. Obviously Paul didn't waste his time because the whole world is following Paul... with only thousands abstaining.
3. I don't twist the scriptures of Matthew and John and the Revelation to match Luke and Paul... I keep them separate to avoid doing that.
4. Was Acts wrong about sending Paul far away to the gentiles? Or Paul was disobedient?
5. Matthew 15:24 Jesus wasn't sent to anyone but the Lost Sheep of the House of Israel, and He sent His Disciples to the same, Matthew 10:5-7. Matthew 28:18-20 actually says to teach what He had taught them, and "don't go to the gentiles" would have been one of the things they taught. Not being hypocrites, they wouldn't have done one thing and taught another. These Lost Sheep scattered among the nations are the Other Sheep which Jesus must also bring (John 10:16, John 17:20).
6. Galatians 1:18-19 calls James the half-brother of Jesus an apostle, AND the one he met in Jerusalem. That's not one of the 12 Disciples of Matthew 10.

So there was only 1 Yeshua but multiple Pauls and Peters. Ah, I see, you change things to fit your narrative. There were arguments between Paul, James and Peter. That does not mean there were multiple persons. We know there were different Marys because we are told there were. So why would gentiles be baptized if what you say is true? What about Peters vision. We just discount them because that does not fit your narrative LOL? I already said that He said one thing to them BEFORE His death and another before His ascension. To use your logic we should say that is a different Yeshua LOL...You do you and I will stick with the scriptures. Shalom

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private

So there was only 1 Yeshua but multiple Pauls and Peters. Ah, I see, you change things to fit your narrative. There were arguments between Paul, James and Peter. That does not mean there were multiple persons. We know there were different Marys because we are told there were. So why would gentiles be baptized if what you say is true? What about Peters vision. We just discount them because that does not fit your narrative LOL? I already said that He said one thing to them BEFORE His death and another before His ascension. To use your logic we should say that is a different Yeshua LOL...You do you and I will stick with the scriptures.
You're arguing against Paul, too.

Galatians 2:7-8
Paul called Peter an apostle to the circumcision... AFTER Matthew 28.

all things whatsoever I have commanded you

Matthew 28:16-20 Then The Eleven Disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them.[17] And when they saw Him, they worshipped Him, but some doubted.[18] And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All authority is given unto Me in Heaven and in Earth.[19] Go ye therefore, and Disciple all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.[20] teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Matthew 5:19-20 Therefore, whosoever shall break one of these least Commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the Kingdom of Heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the Kingdom of Heaven.[20] For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.[21] Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:[22] But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

The 11 Disciples were sent to the Lost Sheep scattered among the nations.

And Paul was sent to the gentiles among the nations.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,150.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There was more than one Yeshua also then???...it also was a very common name. Saying that is all too convenient for the argument...again, was Paul wrong to go to the gentiles, did he waste his time? Did Simon Peter's (Kepha) vision never happen?? I am not changing anything! Paul says "to the Jew fist and then to the gerim". Yeshua came first to Israel. that is why He said that first. But AFTER the resurrection, He said to now go to others too. Was James wrong at the first council of Jerusalem? Were they ALL wrong???????

So , in Acts 9:15 The Lord said to Ananias , Go , because this man is a vessel of choosing for Me . the one to bear My name before , NOTICE , GENTILES , and Kings , and the sons of Israel , WHY the change ?

And why did Jesus tell the disciples to go rather to the LOST SHEEP of Israel ?

Jesus did not mention Judah at all ? why not ?

dan p

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
So , in Acts 9:15 The Lord said to Ananias , Go , because this man is a vessel of choosing for Me . the one to bear My name before , NOTICE , GENTILES , and Kings , and the sons of Israel , WHY the change ?

And why did Jesus tell the disciples to go rather to the LOST SHEEP of Israel ?

Jesus did not mention Judah at all ? why not ?

dan p

Acts of the Apostles 9:15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

Acts of the Apostles 22:21 And he said unto me, Depart: for I will send thee far hence unto the Gentiles.

You asked, "Why the change?" Good question.

Romans 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:
Galatians 2:8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles)
Ephesians 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,
2 Timothy 1:11 Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles.
2 Timothy 1:15 This thou knowest, that all they which are in Asia be turned away from me,

You asked, "Why not Judah"... because Judah is the "Jerusalem that kills the prophets", and is led by the blind leaders of the blind... and He knew it was going to happen. John 7 says they were already trying to kill Him. In the Prophets, Judah is rescued much later than Israel because Judah only pretended to return to God. This was written after the captivity of Assyria and before the captivity of Babylon:

Jeremiah 3:6-15 And the Lord said to me in the days of Josias the king, Hast thou seen what things the house of Israel has done to Me? they have gone on every high mountain and under every shady tree, and have committed fornication there.[7] And I said after she had committed all these acts of fornication, Turn again to Me. Yet she returned not. And faithless Juda saw her faithlessness.[8] And I saw that (for all the sins of which she was convicted, wherein the House of Israel committed adultery and I put her away, and gave into her hands a bill of divorcement,) yet faithless Juda feared not, but went and herself also committed fornication.[9] And her fornication was nothing accounted of, and she committed adultery with wood and stone.[10] And for all these things faithless Juda turned not to Me with all her heart, but falsely.
[11] And the Lord said to me, Israel has justified himself more than faithless Juda.[12] Go and read these words toward the north, and thou shalt say, Return to me, O house of Israel, saith the Lord; and I will not set My face against you: for I am merciful, saith the Lord, and I will not be angry with you for ever.[13] Nevertheless, know thine iniquity, that thou hast sinned against the Lord thy God, and hast scattered thy ways to strangers under every shady tree, but thou didst not hearken to My voice, saith the Lord.[14] Turn, ye children that have revolted, saith the Lord; for I will rule over you: and I will take you one of a city, and two of a family, and I will bring you in to Sion:[15] and I will give you shepherds after My heart, and they shall certainly tend you with knowledge.

So the Gospel of the Kingdom of Heaven is given to the Lost Sheep of the House of Israel, who had gone to Assyria, (10-lost-tribes):

Isaiah 52:4-7 Thus saith the Lord, My people went down before to Egypt to sojourn there; and were carried away forcibly to the Assyrians.[5] And now why are ye here? Thus saith the Lord, Because my people was taken for nothing, wonder ye and howl. Thus saith the Lord, On account of you my name is continually blasphemed among the gentiles.[6] Therefore shall My people know My name in that day, for I am He that speaks: I am present,[7] as a season of beauty upon the mountains, as the feet of one preaching glad tidings of peace, as one preaching good news: for I will publish thy salvation, saying, O Sion, thy God shall reign.

Jeremiah 3:8-12 ...wherein the House of Israel committed adultery, and I put her away and gave into her hands a bill of divorcement ...[12] Go and read these words toward the north and thou shalt say, Return to Me, O House of Israel, saith the Lord, and I will not set My face against you for I am merciful, saith the Lord, and I will not be angry with you for ever.LXX

Hosea 1:6-9 Call her name, Unpitied: for I will no more have mercy on the House of Israel, but will surely set Myself in array against them. ...[9] And he said, Call his name, Not My people: for ye are not My people and I am not your God.
Hosea 2:1-23 [19] And I will betroth thee to Myself for ever; yea, I will betroth thee to Myself in righteousness and in judgment, and in mercy and in tender compassions.[20] And I will betroth thee to Myself in faithfulness, and thou shalt know the Lord. ...[23] And I will sow her to Me on the Earth and will love her that was not loved, and will say to that which was not My people, Thou art My people: and they shall say, Thou art the Lord My God.LXX

Jeremiah 31:18-20 I have heard the sound of Ephraim lamenting, and saying, Thou hast chastened me, and I was chastened. I, as a calf was not willingly taught: turn Thou me and I shall turn, for Thou art the Lord My God.[19] For after my captivity I repented, and after I knew I groaned for the day of shame, and shewed Thee that I bore reproach from my youth.[20] Ephraim is a beloved son, a pleasing child to me: for because My words are in him, I will surely remember him: therefore I made haste to help him; I will surely have mercy upon him, saith the Lord.LXX

Hosea is about the House of Israel... and Ephraim says the exact words that Hosea says they would say: Thou art the Lord my God... so we know who those "not loved" are. They were "not my people" and "not loved" because they were divorced by God... who will again, "betroth thee to Myself for ever"... after the chastening... "because My words are in him".

-----------edit-----------
There are verses that show the House of Israel as a mended vessel,
and the House of Judah is completely broken:
What is Saving Faith?

Last edited:
Upvote 0