Arcadia
✟197,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are many that say the NEW COVENANT appeared AT the CROSS ?

Or that it BEGAN in Acts 2:38 ?

And what does the NEW COVENANT by it self mean ?

Does it conflict with Paul's message of GRACE ?

So are GENTILES part of the NEW COVENANT and if so , How did they enter In ?

dan p

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,121.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

dan p

The new covenant began at the last supper when Jesus said "this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins". It then more or less came to fulfillment between then and Pentecost. The old covenant was eventually ended with the permanent destruction of the temple in 70 AD. The new covenant is just that, a new agreement between God and man.

The new covenant does not conflict with Paul's message of grace, because it is by grace that a person's previous sins are overlooked when they enter into the new covenant through baptism and chrismation.

Reactions: ralliann
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

dan p
The New Covenant is made between God and the individual through His Holy Spirit. This is the regeneration spoken of in scripture that changes our status from death unto life. The Old Covenant was fulfilled through Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Now He makes His Home in us through His Spirit. Blessings.
The Holy Spirit testifies “This is the covenant I will make with them after that time, says the Lord. I will put my laws in their hearts, and I will write them on their minds.” Then he adds: “Their sins and lawless acts I will remember no more.” And where these have been forgiven, there is no longer any sacrifice for sin” ( Hebrews 10:15-18 )

Reactions: YahuahSaves
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The new covenant began at the last supper when Jesus said "this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins". It then more or less came to fulfillment between then and Pentecost. The old covenant was eventually ended with the permanent destruction of the temple in 70 AD. The new covenant is just that, a new agreement between God and man.

The new covenant does not conflict with Paul's message of grace, because it is by grace that a person's previous sins are overlooked when they enter into the new covenant through baptism and chrismation.

So and you say that the NEW COVENANT Is between God and man , and will you please give a verse when that happens .

What man are you referring to ??

Hebs 7:19 That the Law made nothing PERFECT , THE OT .

And how is any person saved under the NEW COVENANT ??

And a verse when it will be in operation ?

dan p

But Heb 8:8 that the NEW COVENANT will be made between Israel and Judah , so where does that LEAVES US ??

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,641.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

When do you think the old covenant of the Law began for the nation of Israel?

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,641.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The New Covenant is made between God and the individual through His Holy Spirit. This is the regeneration spoken of in scripture that changes our status from death unto life. The Old Covenant was fulfilled through Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Now He makes His Home in us through His Spirit. Blessings.
The Holy Spirit testifies “This is the covenant I will make with them after that time, says the Lord. I will put my laws in their hearts, and I will write them on their minds.” Then he adds: “Their sins and lawless acts I will remember no more.” And where these have been forgiven, there is no longer any sacrifice for sin” ( Hebrews 10:15-18 )

Your scripture, in context, the "them" refers to the House of Israel and Judah (Hebrews 8:8).

So, it is not made between God and the individual, but between God and the entire nation of Israel.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your scripture, in context, the "them" refers to the House of Israel and Judah (Hebrews 8:8).

So, it is not made between God and the individual, but between God and the entire nation of Israel.
Good reply !!

dan p

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
At Sinai
Heb 7:11 If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,121.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
So and you say that the NEW COVENANT Is between God and man , and will you please give a verse when that happens .

What man are you referring to ??

Hebs 7:19 That the Law made nothing PERFECT , THE OT .

And how is any person saved under the NEW COVENANT ??

And a verse when it will be in operation ?

dan p

But Heb 8:8 that the NEW COVENANT will be made between Israel and Judah , so where does that LEAVES US ??

The covenant is between God and all mankind. That the covenant is between God and both Israel and Judah in Hebrews 8:8 illustrates that the new covenant is for Jews as well as gentiles. As the writer of Romans said:

Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

By "Greek" the writer means gentiles.

Reactions: ralliann
Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,121.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

There were several covenants between God and mankind. The first was the covenant with Adam. The second was the covenant with Noah. Note that those included all of mankind. What we commonly refer to as the Old Covenant was given to the Jews at Sinai through Moses. That law was then expanded over time, forming what is called the Secondary Law. Parts of the old covenant, including sabbath keeping and the dietary laws, never applied to gentiles. If you read God's instructions to Adam:

Gen 1:29 And God said, “See, I have given you every herb that yields seed which is on the face of all the earth, and every tree whose fruit yields seed; to you it shall be for food.

Notice that meat was not allowed to be eaten. But at the time of Noah:

Gen 9:3 “Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. I have given you all things, even as the green herbs.

Gen 9:4 “But you shall not eat flesh with its life, that is, its blood.

Noah was allowed to eat "Every moving thing that lives...". That passed down to all of his descendants. It was only with the giving of the dietary laws to the Jews that Jews were only allowed to eat certain animals.

The prohibition against eating blood continued on even to Christians:

Act 15:20 “but that we write to them to abstain from things polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from things strangled, and from blood.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

What nation of Israel? You mean geopolitical Israel ? I think not. The New Covenant is only for those in the Kingdom of God, remnant Israel and the Gentiles in Him. This is purely Spiritual.
Blessings.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
There were several covenants between God and mankind. The first was the covenant with Adam. The second was the covenant with Noah. Note that those included all of mankind.
When it comes to covenants,
The two above talk about the firstborn. The firstborn is not according to genealogy, but choice. This makes me wonder that these covenants are not based upon carnal/outward commands, but rather spiritual character/categories of Men. The Abrahamic covenant of circumcision in the foreskin of the flesh seems to be the beginning of the carnal commandment for a sign and seal.
What we commonly refer to as the Old Covenant was given to the Jews at Sinai through Moses. That law was then expanded over time, forming what is called the Secondary Law. Parts of the old covenant, including sabbath keeping and the dietary laws, never applied to gentiles.
Nor to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. I think the promise of the seed of the woman continued in these covenants, through the marital covenant.
If you read God's instructions to Adam:
The promise concerning the seed of Eve, is also Adams seed being made one flesh, no more two. Eve, is the mother of all the living.
Galatians speaks of the women being corresponding to the two covenants made with Abraham. See the promise made with Abraham through his wife Sarah.
Ge 17:6 And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee.
Ge 17:16 And I will bless her, and give thee a son also of her: yea, I will bless her, and she shall be a mother of nations; kings of people shall be of her.
Hagar 12 princes not kings. Sarah was the wife with a ketubah. Hagar was a servant wife no ketubah.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,641.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What nation of Israel? You mean geopolitical Israel ? I think not. The New Covenant is only for those in the Kingdom of God, remnant Israel and the Gentiles in Him. This is purely Spiritual.
Blessings.

There will be a nation of Israel during the tribulation, before the 2nd coming

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,641.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There were several covenants between God and mankind. The first was the covenant with Adam. The second was the covenant with Noah. Note that those included all of mankind. What we commonly refer to as the Old Covenant was given to the Jews at Sinai through Moses. That law was then expanded over time, forming what is called the Secondary Law. Parts of the old covenant, including sabbath keeping and the dietary laws, never applied to gentiles. If you read God's instructions to Adam:

Gen 1:29 And God said, “See, I have given you every herb that yields seed which is on the face of all the earth, and every tree whose fruit yields seed; to you it shall be for food.

Notice that meat was not allowed to be eaten. But at the time of Noah:

Gen 9:3 “Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. I have given you all things, even as the green herbs.

Gen 9:4 “But you shall not eat flesh with its life, that is, its blood.

Noah was allowed to eat "Every moving thing that lives...". That passed down to all of his descendants. It was only with the giving of the dietary laws to the Jews that Jews were only allowed to eat certain animals.

The prohibition against eating blood continued on even to Christians:

Act 15:20 “but that we write to them to abstain from things polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from things strangled, and from blood.

You said everything else except answering my question

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,641.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
At Sinai
Heb 7:11 If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?

Do you mean when God gave the law to Moses at mount Sinai?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,121.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
You said everything else except answering my question

What I said above was:

What we commonly refer to as the Old Covenant was given to the Jews at Sinai through Moses.

That was when the old covenant began.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,641.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What I said above was:

What we commonly refer to as the Old Covenant was given to the Jews at Sinai through Moses.

That was when the old covenant began.

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,121.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

Yes. That was the old covenant. If you read the prophecy of the new covenant in Jeremiah:

Jer 31:31 “Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah—

Jer 31:32“not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them, says the LORD

The new covenant replaces the covenant God made with Israel after they left Egypt.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,641.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes. That was the old covenant. If you read the prophecy of the new covenant in Jeremiah:

Jer 31:31 “Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah—

Jer 31:32“not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them, says the LORD

The new covenant replaces the covenant God made with Israel after they left Egypt.

Actually it began only at Exodus 24, when the nation accepted the covenant and Moses proclaimed, in vs 7 and 8.

Once you realized that, than the New Covenant could only began for the same nation of Israel once they are willing to accept it, which will happen at his 2nd coming for them.

So no, it did not begin for Israel at the Last Supper.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Jer 31:32“not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them, says the LORD.

The key here is "My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them". The new can not be broken and it is still a marriage covenant...

Upvote 0