Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: Go Braves

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,675.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Mathetes66

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Pacifc Northwest
✟90,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Remember, the polls said that Hillary would win. She did. She won the popular vote but only by a margin of 2.1% (CNN).

mmmm. I haven't seen Hilary sitting in the White house now from 2016 to almost 2020. She didn't win the election & she didn't become president. Seems certain ones are still stuck back in 2016 & still haven't accepted she lost the election based on the election process.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,776.00
Faith
Non-Denom
And those polls were correct, as Hillary won the popular vote by the margin the polls indicated.
So the popular vote according to you should have given her the keys to the White House? Maybe somebody should send the re-elected (Liberal) Prime Minister of Canada a letter too then telling him he's illegitimate. He lost the popular vote as well.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
So the popular vote according to you should have given her the keys to the White House?

The polls said Hillary would win the popular vote. Hillary won the popular vote. Ergo, the polls were correct.

Sheesh, why does the right always bring everything back to the election? 2016 is going to be four years ago in a couple of weeks... let it go.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,675.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
And those polls were correct, as Hillary won the popular vote by the margin the polls indicated.
You think she'll be publicly re-elected next year?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,073.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So the popular vote according to you should have given her the keys to the White House? Maybe somebody should send the re-elected (Liberal) Prime Minister of Canada a letter too then telling him he's illegitimate. He lost the popular vote as well.

Where did I say, much less imply, any of that?

Instead, someone commented on the polls from the 2016 election, implying they were inaccurate. I was merely correcting them, the polls were indeed accurate. I was claiming nothing more than that.

Rather than "liberals" not being able to let the 2016 election go, it seems to be conservatives. It seems to be conservatives make some false statement (such as the "fake" polls) about the 2016 elections, someone corrects them on their mistaken statement, and then conservatives chime "But Trump won, get over it."

No one claimed Trump didn't win, again, just explaining the polls did correctly call the popular vote -- which is all National polls in Presidential elections can do.

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
A Fox News host on Monday said he was "stunned" by a poll from Fox News that found more than half of all Americanswould prefer to see President Donald Trump impeached.

Fox News host "stunned" by Fox News poll showing majority support Trump's impeachment

Surely not...!?
It's possible this poll is an outlier. Don't forget, these polls have a 95% confidence rating meaning one out of twenty is flat out wrong.

For those saying the polls showed Hillary winning, thinking that's some sort of argument against polls, the reality is that the 2016 polls were spot on. The national polls and state polls, with the exception of Wisconsin, were within the margin of error. That means they were accurate polls. Wisconsin was an outlier, one of the 5% of polls that are wrong. I suspect this happened in large part because pollsters stopped seriously polling the state early, thinking it was in the bag for HRC.

As for this recent favorable poll for Trump, it wouldn't shock me if it is picking up a trend with independents. The Democrats have failed to make a solid case for impeachment that anyone outside their party buys. I think there's impeachment fatigue, especially from independents who are doing well under the Trump economy and see impeachment as a one sided, partisan affair. In short, the dems blew their opportunity.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
She did win more than half the electorate. Just like polls predicted. Just like polls are measuring now for impeachment support.

Except that the polls are only measuring We the People -- not the ones who actually own the Senate.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The polls said Hillary would win the popular vote. Hillary won the popular vote. Ergo, the polls were correct.

Sheesh, why does the right always bring everything back to the election? 2016 is going to be four years ago in a couple of weeks... let it go.

We keep telling those who want to see Trump removed from office before then the same thing, but do they listen?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
We keep telling those who want to see Trump removed from office before then the same thing, but do they listen?

Who listens to an echo?

• Haha
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
And who rarely represent the wishes of “the People”...

In this case, they're listening to us just fine. The People wished for Trump to be elected and they want him to remain in office for the term they elected him for. The Senate (at least the majority of it) is listening to the People.

Upvote 0