Goldsboro NC
✟172,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Ah, so now we see what this thread is about.....
That's what it is always about--giving too much money to people who don't live the way I think they should.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you have a problem with facts?
No, but why is less beef production in the US a bad thing? A bit of beef from time to time is good, but chowing down on massive amounts of beef is bad for one's health and bad for the environment.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Y'all may call it scaremongering if that will help you feel better. But don't come crying when y'all realize that prices of meat is skyrocketing faster than the inflation rate for other foods, products, and services.
Didn’t that already happen during covid?

Upvote 0

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No, but why is less beef production in the US a bad thing? A bit of beef from time to time is good, but chowing down on massive amounts of beef is bad for one's health and bad for the environment.
No one is implying that someone ought to chow down on massive amounts of beef.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You’re taking a temporary 3% drop in production and portraying it as a harbinger of doom. If your interest isn’t in people gorging themselves on beef, what is it?

Upvote 0

MForbes

Rejoining Member
Oct 12, 2023
Georgia
✟28,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You’re taking a temporary 3% drop in production and portraying it as a harbinger of doom. If your interest isn’t in people gorging themselves on beef, what is it?
He's a scaremonger...that's his interest. It's evident by every thread he starts.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Is this a call for more funding for big government oversight of the safety of those chickens?

The first of those links would seem to be, though I didn't read any of them. The link block speaks of potentially preventable fires. Often outbreaks of preventable fires come from poor inspection or adherence to good fire prevention practices, some of which might be lax regulation or enforcement. When I was a kid there was a series of barn fires caused by mowing green hay.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MForbes

Rejoining Member
Oct 12, 2023
Georgia
✟28,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The first of those links would seem to be, though I didn't read any of them. The link block speaks of potentially preventable fires. Often outbreaks of preventable fires come from poor inspection or adherence to good fire prevention practices, some of which might be lax regulation or enforcement. When I was a kid there was a series of barn fires caused by mowing green hay.
He had to reach back from 2013-2017 for that first link....and it fizzled because these are preventable fires.

Seriously, he had to dream up a chicken shortage because the beef shortage wasn't getting the reaction he wanted.

Now, if he REALLY wants to get a reaction, he needs to start a panic on toilet paper. That was a big event during the start of COVID. To this day, I really haven't figured out what started that crap. And there was no reason for it at all.

• Wow
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Okay? So what is the problem with fewer cattle being raised in the US?

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,192,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Okay? So what is the problem with fewer cattle being raised in the US?
Clearly we’re going to be forced to eat fake meat and or crickets.

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟172,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Maybe what it is, is that beef ranchers are all real true MAGA cowboys who are being done down by the liberal something or other conspiracy.

• Haha
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Now, if he REALLY wants to get a reaction, he needs to start a panic on toilet paper. That was a big event during the start of COVID. To this day, I really haven't figured out what started that crap. And there was no reason for it at all.
No, there was a reason beyond hoarding. Suddenly everyone was working and schooling from home which meant that they were using more toilet paper at home. And no one was using business toilet paper. Home use toilet paper is not packaged and sold as business type.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MForbes

Rejoining Member
Oct 12, 2023
Georgia
✟28,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No, there was a reason beyond hoarding. Suddenly everyone was working and schooling from home which meant that they were using more toilet paper at home. And no one was using business toilet paper. Home use toilet paper is not packaged and sold as business type.
The amount of toilet paper folks were buying up was way more than they needed for personal use....even during "lockdown". The hoarding started (in my state anyway) quite a while before schools and businesses started shutting down. It was ridiculous.

• Agree
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The amount of toilet paper folks were buying up was way more than they needed for personal use....even during "lockdown". The hoarding started (in my state anyway) quite a while before schools and businesses started shutting down. It was ridiculous.
Have you ever used a hot bidet in winter time? I haven't gone back to toilet paper.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,055.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Thanks for the comment. From the lack of responses, I wasn't sure my post was visible. Glad someone read and considered it rather than just jumping on to the next random talking point.

Upvote 0