United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sounds like Trump needs glasses
Trump has needed glasses for a very long time - why do you think his notes are written in thick Sharpie? He is too vain to wear them just as he was too vain to wear a mask.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I'm still waiting patiently for any new updates. This is an area I'm personally interested in.
Mr. Trump will probably get around to it sometime after announcing his replacement plan for Obamacare and maybe his commission on voter fraud in 2016. Keep the faith!

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Trump has original ideas of his own that are unique, such as the building up of new cities in America.
How would that work? Central planning, government owned?

Biden, OTOH, is very predictable, and is in lockstep with the party. He has no 'original' ideas.
It's up to the president to pick and choose ideas presented to him by his advisors. Discernment over originality.

To me, that makes Trump the more mentally robust president.
But the quality of these original ideas - nuking a hurricane, injecting disinfectant - isn't very good. The thing is, as the executive administrator stability is way more valuable than originality.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How would that work? Central planning, government owned?
Here in CA, both Irvine and Chino Hills are masterplanned cities. They both have lots of parks, and green spaces. Both VERY high demand. It's what people like.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
How would that work?
Last it was discussed here it revolved around plopping a city down on public land in n Utah and diverting water from the Mississippi to it

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
So with regard to the title of the OP, has anyone actually diagnosed Trump with dementia?
If I remember correctly from similar threads, I think the fact he hasn't taken a test which would show he doesn't means we need to question why he's hiding something about his mental abilities.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So with regard to the title of the OP, has anyone actually diagnosed Trump with dementia?
Unknown. I mean armchair doctors by the dozen have but if any professional medical doctors have, they have kept it nonpublic.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If I remember correctly from similar threads, I think the fact he hasn't taken a test which would show he doesn't means we need to question why he's hiding something about his mental abilities.

I think both candidates should submit to cognitive and other testing which might illuminate mental issues. But I don't know, nor have I ever claimed, that either candidate definitely has mental issues.

Contrarily, the title of this thread is "Trumps [sic] accelerating dementia", which directly implies that Trump not only HAS dementia, but it's accelerating.

So again, has anyone diagnosed Trump with dementia?

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Unknown. I mean armchair doctors by the dozen have but if any professional medical doctors have, they have kept it nonpublic.

That's what I thought. Kind of like Biden.

It's gotten so bad, the Alzheimer's Society recently put out an article.

In recent years, there has been a lot of speculation that Donald Trump and Joe Biden may have dementia or some form of mental health condition. However, this kind of speculation is usually wrong, is unethical and stigmatises people living with dementia and mental health conditions.
Whatever your political beliefs, there are several very good reasons why it’s unhelpful to say that a candidate has dementia without a qualified professional first carrying out a clinical assessment in person.
This is why I advocate for testing for both candidates. I think that both candidates have exhibited concerning signs of mental acuity issues, but without testing, we can't know if what we see is an indication of mental decline or if it is just the natural process of aging. Since both aspire to lead our nation for four more years, it is perfectly acceptable to ask the question, particularly given their age. A doctor saying it's "not necessary" is being tone deaf to the electorate who are genuinely concerned about the mental capacity of the candidates.

• Informative
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟245,983.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Trump is the only president in history with the ORIGINAL idea to keep lying about almost everything so many times that his supporters actually believe the lies. Well, it isn't a totally original plan, but definitely the first time used by a president. Trump is a trend-setter in the 'twisting the truth' department.
The only US president, maybe. In Russia, Putin mastered that technique long ago.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And what are the results of Trump's? If we don't know, what is it that his handlers are trying to hide from us?

I'm sure you think you're making some kind of pithy point, but my argument is, and has always been, that both candidates should submit to cognitive testing and make the results public.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.