So did Trump only help to boost Kim's image on the world stage?

Boosted Kim's image on the world stage?

• Yes

Votes: 25 75.8%
  • No

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Kim's image matters not -- America first

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Maybe there's some place on Earth where being 'left at the altar' could make you seem triumphant, but there cannot be many.

Using that analogy, Donald's the runaway bride. How much triumph does he get?

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

and

"Don't despise the day of small things."
Trump walks nowhere except the golf course.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,445.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
The meetings themselves are a great accomplishment.

Lol, no they are not a great accomplishment whatsoever for the United States. Now, for Kim, oh heck yeah. Huge accomplishment.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trump walks nowhere except the golf course.

I guess Trump has a lot more free time than he first thought he would when he once said that he wouldn't have time to play golf or take any vacations. He said he'd rarely leave the White House.

Trump-O-Meter: Not Take Vacations

Trump in 2016: 'I don't have time' for golf

Trump: 'I would rarely leave the White House'

But he certainly found the time to play golf, including after declaring his national emergency.

Trump Golf Count: 159 and the cost to taxpayers is about $89,000,000.

Trump Is Playing Golf Hours After Declaring America Is Under Attack By Immigrants

He must really love playing golf because he had a $50,000 golf simulator in the White House.

President Trump installed a room-sized golf simulator at White House

Apparently he forgot all about his many criticisms of former President Obama for playing golf.

Trump Criticized Obama for Golfing. Now He Spends Weekends on the Links.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
It's a good tactic; also that's his personality.

It was a tactic that utterly failed the US. Yes, we know that Trump is about his perception of style - which is all that schmoozing is.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Lol, no they are not a great accomplishment whatsoever for the United States. Now, for Kim, oh heck yeah. Huge accomplishment.

I think Trump has the situation well in hand. He sounds like he knows what he's talking about. Kim went home with all sanctions still in place. NK is hurting. Kim is a puppet, a bird in a gilded cage constructed by his Grandfather and maintained by the militarists. The talks actually place Kim between a rock and a hard place. He can only promise what the militarists will allow. Anyone who is paying attention knows this.

Trump Gets Bipartisan Praise for Walking Out of Summit With Kim

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It was a tactic that utterly failed the US. Yes, we know that Trump is about his perception of style - which is all that schmoozing is.

It's a honey vs. vinegar thing.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
With honey & vinegar it's all about how they are used. The way Trump using honey was akin to forcing folks to get undressed, dousing them with it, and standing them in front of hungry ants & bears.

That's harsh, man. :eek:

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I think Trump has the situation well in hand. He sounds like he knows what he's talking about. Kim went home with all sanctions still in place. NK is hurting. Kim is a puppet, a bird in a gilded cage constructed by his Grandfather and maintained by the militarists. The talks actually place Kim between a rock and a hard place. He can only promise what the militarists will allow. Anyone who is paying attention knows this.

Now folks who are diehard Trump supporters, the folks he was talking about when he said he could shoot somebody in the middle of 5th Ave & not lose them, they may think the situation is well in hand. I doubt anybody else does. Last year, without bothering to consult with the Pentagon, Trump suspended major military exercises with South Korea after meeting Kim in Singapore. Gave Kim exactly what he wanted. Two months later, Trump had a fit when then-Defense Secretary Jim Mattis, someone who actually has a clue, resumed them. What happened after this summit? Kim got his way once more. Under Donald's orders the Pentagon has once again suspended large-scale military exercises with S Korea. On top of that, Donald gave Kim the best publicity in the world. He validated the murderous tyrant, the leader of a communist country, by showing up - twice to meet with him. Calling him his friend, saying they write love letters. Saying he believed him, when he's said he didn't believe his own intel community, when he's made a stink about his personal attorney's honesty, in regards to Otto. I think Kim still sees Donald as a dotard, as he called him. I think he sees Donald as his puppet to be played with by pulling on the strings of his ego.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
That's harsh, man. :eek:

Not nearly as harsh as the way Kim Jong-un, the cruel tyrant Donald has called a friend, somebody believable, who said he is in love with, routinely treats citizens in North Korea. The way that Otto Warmbier was treated was much harsher. I imagine it's an apt description for how his folks feel after Donald validated Kim.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It's a honey vs. vinegar thing.

That's exactly right. People don't seem to understand that a negotiations don't usually go well when the 2 sides can't talk to each other civilly. The Trump haters seem disappointed when they hear Trump working as a negotiator.

Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Now folks who are diehard Trump supporters, the folks he was talking about when he said he could shoot somebody in the middle of 5th Ave & not lose them, they may think the situation is well in hand. I doubt anybody else does. Last year, without bothering to consult with the Pentagon, Trump suspended major military exercises with South Korea after meeting Kim in Singapore. Gave Kim exactly what he wanted. Two months later, Trump had a fit when then-Defense Secretary Jim Mattis, someone who actually has a clue, resumed them. What happened after this summit? Kim got his way once more. Under Donald's orders the Pentagon has once again suspended large-scale military exercises with S Korea. On top of that, Donald gave Kim the best publicity in the world. He validated the murderous tyrant, the leader of a communist country, by showing up - twice to meet with him. Calling him his friend, saying they write love letters. Saying he believed him, when he's said he didn't believe his own intel community, when he's made a stink about his personal attorney's honesty, in regards to Otto. I think Kim still sees Donald as a dotard, as he called him. I think he sees Donald as his puppet to be played with by pulling on the strings of his ego.

Kim wants,

Sanctions removed.
U.N. forces out of SK.
Reunification under communist rule.
Perpetuation of regime.

He only has one, and that's tenuous.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

And the US gets what????
South Korea and US to end war games

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Kim wants,

Sanctions removed.
U.N. forces out of SK.
Reunification under communist rule.
Perpetuation of regime.

He only has one, and that's tenuous.

What exactly did the United States get that we wanted?

Kim wants validation. Donald Trump gave it to him. Twice. Kim wants to use PR clips as part of his propaganda machine. Donald Trump gave him more than what the best PR firms in the world ever could.

Donald Trump utterly failed the US, gave Kim a victory, hurt Otto's family. Also remember that Trump, while believing Kim, who he is "in love with" publicly disputed what our own intelligence community told him about N Korea. You want to call it schmoozing. Lol. It's reckless impulsivity & failing to do his homework, or even caring about it.

Upvote 0