So did Trump only help to boost Kim's image on the world stage?

Boosted Kim's image on the world stage?

• Yes

Votes: 25 75.8%
  • No

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Kim's image matters not -- America first

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Kim: This summit only helped boost my image on the world stage.

Trump: I belive him.

The image I got was a chubby little guy in way over his head.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,070.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Here's my take though I'm not a diplomat:

1) Imagine the HUGE benefits for Kim here. He gets to sit in front of the US president; theoretically the most powerful person on the planet.
And THEN he gets to say "no" to him. He gets to deny the most powerful man on the planet what he wants.
Imagine how that is going to look for the people who live in North Korea. Imagine how the news papers will be able to take this information and strengthen and embolden his regime.

I don't think Kim cares too much about what other countries think of him; he likely is most focussed on how much respect he gets from his own people above that.

So in that sense, an unmitigated disaster unfolded.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi comfy,

You wrote:

I'm still trying to find out who died and made the U.S. king of the world? Doesn't anyone else find it fairly hypocritical that the nation with the largest nuclear weapons stockpile in the world gets to tell other sovereign nations that they can't play? Maybe N. Korea would be more amenable to an agreement if the agreement were the same for both sides.

I mean, we think we're all nice and good people, although we are the most murderous nation on the face of the planet, and we don't want N. Korea to have nuclear capabilities for fear of what they might do to us. Anybody ever consider that such an idea is probably also the very same thing that a lot of N. Koreans are fearful of that we do get to have such weapons? President Trump has already made a blowhard public statement that if N. Korea were to P him off he'd just blow them off the face of the earth.

Gosh, I can't imagine that doesn't give N. Koreans the warm fuzzies all over.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Well when they act crazy like Little Rocket Man somebody better step up.

Denial can be a killer.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Well when they act crazy like Little Rocket Man somebody better step up.

Denial can be a killer.

M-Bob

Indeed -- it was certainly enough to get Donald running halfway around the world...

...and for what?

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I thought that Trump and Kim could have went ahead with their lunch as planned even though the deal had just been called off but, nope Trump was out of there.

We are going to see the art of the deal being performed by Trump on the little North Korean man. He's going to learn quickly it's Trump's way or the highway.

So Kim has been starving his people for a long time. The real problem now is that he cannot even afford to feed his military. Drastic moves on his part will have to be taken or face a possible overthrow.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I thought that Trump and Kim could have went ahead with their lunch as planned even though the deal had just been called off but, nope Trump was out of there.

Running and hiding is more his speed.

We are going to see the art of the deal being performed by Trump on the little North Korean man. He's going to learn quickly it's Trump's way or the highway.

Like Pelosi did?

So Kim has been starving his people for a long time. The real problem now is that he cannot even afford to feed his military. Drastic moves on his part will have to be taken or face a possible overthrow.

Not the first time -- or the worst.

North Koreans Reportedly Turn to Cannibalism Due to 'Hidden Famine' - The Atlantic

You of all people you know not to underestimate the power of government-led brainwashing.

Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
I don't think Kim cares too much about what other countries think of him; he likely is most focussed on how much respect he gets from his own people above that.

How much respect will he get as his people continue to starve? When they see how those outside NK live?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Trump came at his beck and call, and then Kim told him to go get bent.

What an embarrassment thing for anyone to say.

Apparently it gives them a charge?

Respect the president.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
What an embarrassment thing for anyone to say.

It's also embarrassing to say that the emperor has no clothes.

That shouldn't stop us from telling the truth.

It's too important to hide behind lies.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
All I seen is Kim is getting his getting his nuclear weapons ready. And recovering with 200 of his people, that was were killed in the accident. And between Kim and Trump. It will be a concern for war. Like it was before North Koreas accident. Trump has been caught in to many lies to ever believe him. Also he's a trouble maker. I really wouldn't trust either.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
What we have been doing has NOT BEEN WORKING. For as long as living memory, NK has remained the same. They have no commodity to trade other than Saber Rattling and Instability. They trade in terror. If we want things to change we need to change the environment. We need to look at what happened in Russia and China and learn from that. We need to get the North Koreans fat and happy and addicted to McDonalds and Starbucks and watching our Marvel Movies and listening to our Rap Music. That is where we beat, we infect them with our culture and economics just as we've infected everyone else with our fat, lazy, spoiled bratty culture. Once the infection takes root and you incubate with a Decade or two of Capitalism they will be powerless to stop the internal changes which will reek havoc on their system

Sensible points. Especially regarding movies. Which, as I understand, is a passion for Kim Jong Un. So how about this: He can keep the nukes he has. But he can't build any new ones, and he has to allow independent inspectors to verify this. In return, he's invited to Hollywood to produce and direct any movie he wants to make. The Academy Awards will return to having a host next year, which will be him. And he gets his own star on the Hollywood Blvd. Walk of Fame.

As a famous movie character would say, that's an offer he can't refuse. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

jkjk

초능력을 쓴다
Sep 28, 2018
Mombasa
✟27,043.00
Country
Kenya
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He boosted Kims image for me, thats for sure.

Or, to be more precise, he enabled Kim to boost it himself.
It's highly unlikely Kim's image received a significant boost internationally. People know the Kim regime for what it is. World leaders are generally skeptical of North Korea, because North Korea has a long history of provocations and going back on its word.

Domestically, however, the summits are propaganda gold.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
All I seen is Kim is getting his getting his nuclear weapons ready. And recovering with 200 of his people, that was were killed in the accident. And between Kim and Trump. It will be a concern for war. Like it was before North Koreas accident. Trump has been caught in to many lies to ever believe him. Also he's a trouble maker. I really wouldn't trust either.

Sure a lot of paranoia and false rumors.
M-Bob going around these days

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

M-Bob

I read that the North had plans to launch surprise human wave attacks on the south in order to capture food and other supplies, as they couldn't maintain a protracted ground assault without these resources. They, and the Chinese, went into battle ill prepared during the original conflict, relying on weapons and supplies from their own fallen to sustain their assaults.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Here's my take though I'm not a diplomat:

1) Imagine the HUGE benefits for Kim here. He gets to sit in front of the US president; theoretically the most powerful person on the planet.
And THEN he gets to say "no" to him. He gets to deny the most powerful man on the planet what he wants.
Imagine how that is going to look for the people who live in North Korea. Imagine how the news papers will be able to take this information and strengthen and embolden his regime.

"Truth is the first casualty of war", and apparently of these negotiations as well.

Upvote 0