Would you give money to Mr Trump if he called for donations to cover his $83 million civil fine?

Would you give money to Mr Trump if he called for donations to cover his $83 million civil fine?

• Total voters

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Multi Billionaire Mr Trump has form for asking regular working Americans to donate to his Trump Save America Joint Fundraising Committee.

"Please make a contribution – of truly any amount – to defend our movement from the never-ending witch hunts and WIN the WHITE HOUSE in 2024," said an email sent by a Trump fundraising group called the Trump Save America Joint Fundraising Committee.

If he does so again for his current financial woes will you step up to help the multi billionaire pay his $83 million fine?

Reactions: JustOneWay

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,873.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Multi Billionaire Mr Trump has form for asking regular working Americans to donate to his Trump Save America Joint Fundraising Committee.

"Please make a contribution – of truly any amount – to defend our movement from the never-ending witch hunts and WIN the WHITE HOUSE in 2024," said an email sent by a Trump fundraising group called the Trump Save America Joint Fundraising Committee.

If he does so again for his current financial woes will you step up to help the multi billionaire pay his $83 million fine?

^^^ He's asking for contributions towards legal fees connected to his campaign there from the looks of it, though I didn't read the article or look at the group asking for money there.

That said, in 2016 I donated 5 dollars to his presidential campaign, nothing in 2020 or 2024...

If I was a person of means I would contribute some money towards both his campaign (max amount allowed by law) and a little towards lawyers fees associated with the "witch hunt" - but I'd be very careful of the language before I would do the later, to make certain it wasn't potentially being used for anything else outside of lawyers fees or court costs. But when I say a little I mean I'd chip in 500 bucks or so.

I do believe in crowd sourcing for stuff like this, but within limits.

Not an 83 million dollar settlement though, no.

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
^^^ He's asking for contributions towards legal fees connected to his campaign there from the looks of it, though I didn't read the article or look at the group asking for money there.

That said, in 2016 I donated 5 dollars to his presidential campaign, nothing in 2020 or 2024...

If I was a person of means I would contribute some money towards both his campaign (max amount allowed by law) and a little towards lawyers fees associated with the "witch hunt" - but I'd be very careful of the language before I would do the later, to make certain it wasn't potentially being used for anything else outside of lawyers fees or court costs. But when I say a little I mean I'd chip in 500 bucks or so.

I do believe in crowd sourcing for stuff like this, but within limits.

Not an 83 million dollar settlement though, no.
Dr John Bridges might have some advice on that.

-- A2SG, have fun googling...

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Trump's more generous than I thought.

He's also been using donor money to pay for his daughter's lawyers.

Donald Trump paid more than $2.3 million in donor money to law firms helping Ivanka Trump with her legal problems last year

The PAC spent an additional $5.3 million on the law firm Robert & Robert, which represented his three eldest children — Ivanka Trump, Eric Trump, and Donald Trump Jr. — as well as the Trump Organization in an array of lawsuits that have no apparent relation to Trump's campaign to retake the presidency in the 2024 election.

It's not clear why Trump's political donors would have paid for Ivanka Trump's representations in the case. Ethics filings indicate that she and her husband, Jared Kushner, had a net worth of about $1 billion during the Trump presidency, and a financial firm founded by Kushner has raised billions of dollars more after Trump left office.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sprknjc

John 15:13
Feb 3, 2024
Northern Virginia outer suburbs
✟6,944.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
No, my reasons in my original post in the thread I started below.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A Gofundme has been set up to pay off the $355 million fine in the fraud case.

It's at $71,000 at the moment.

Stand with Trump; Fund the $355M Unjust Judgment

warning: some of the comments from donors are a bit foul-mouthed.

"A fool and his money are soon parted."
Dr John Bridges 1587

"There's a sucker born every minute."
David Hannum 1869?

"I love the poorly educated."
Donald Trump 2016

"The frauds found here leap off the page
and shock the conscience."
Judge Arthur Engoron two days ago

Why would anyone with self-respect offer money to an elite fraudster like Donald Trump who claims to be some kind of billionaire? It is the epitome of foolishness in my flabbergasted view. America needs a good therapist lol.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
As expected, GoFundMe accounts will now spring up for the billionaire.

So far they have raised $78,000! At this rate it will take them over 12 years to reach their goal....they need republican money! Donate

Upvote 0

sprknjc

John 15:13
Feb 3, 2024
Northern Virginia outer suburbs
✟6,944.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Also on further thought he violated some of the Ten Commandments, we all have, but leaders are held to a higher standard. You shall not steal, you shall not kill, you shall not bear false witness, and you shall honor your mother and father are ones can think of. Something to think about. Wikipedia article about Trump and some current and recent news reports provide more information.

Upvote 0

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟606,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Whenever I hear of Trump asking for money I have a flashback of Star Trek V: The Final Frontier. Instead of asking "What does God need with a starship?" I ask, "what does a billionaire need with donations?" It makes NO sense to me.

Upvote 0