Simply Put

riverrat

Feb 28, 2011
✟17,518.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As Rev 1 says, it is about things to happen soon, quickly, at hand in the 7th decade of the 1st century.
Rev 1 in my Bible does not define soon or quickly or at hand to be "the 7th decade of the 1st century".
Again, another example of you changing the words of scripture to mean something different than what the scripture actually says.
You make this so easy for me!

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
BTW:

The reason the Lord mentioned all the other trees was to show a separation. Any and all parables MUST have Israel in view for proper interpretation.
No...I think not. Jesus is creator...so he mentioned "all other trees" because all trees put foth their leaves in the spring...and we can tell summer is coming.

The error of your view is how Jesus QUALIFIED what He was saying...which He concludes with Matthew 24:33, 34:

33 so, you too, when you see all these things, recognize that He is near, right at the door.
34 Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place.

So what was "all these things" that Jesus was referring to?

They were all the things He said to the disciples about the things leading up to the destruction of the temple...(which is what He's addressing in the first place). Those were things many of the disciples saw before it happened.

This idea that "this generation" refers to the generation that would see those things...is simply playing "fast and loose" with the scriptures.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,923.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
No...I think not. Jesus is creator...so he mentioned "all other trees" because all trees put foth their leaves in the spring...and we can tell summer is coming.

The error of your view is how Jesus QUALIFIED what He was saying...which He concludes with Matthew 24:33, 34:

33 so, you too, when you see all these things, recognize that He is near, right at the door.
34 Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place.

So what was "all these things" that Jesus was referring to?

They were all the things He said to the disciples about the things leading up to the destruction of the temple...(which is what He's addressing in the first place). Those were things many of the disciples saw before it happened.

This idea that "this generation" refers to the generation that would see those things...is simply playing "fast and loose" with the scriptures.

Well, eb, included in all these things would be the worst tribulation that man has ever seen and if not cut short no flesh would survive. Hasn't happened. Not even possible in first century.

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Well, eb, included in all these things would be the worst tribulation that man has ever seen and if not cut short no flesh would survive. Hasn't happened. Not even possible in first century.
Not when you don't listen to what Jesus said! He's telling you what happened in 70 AD...would not happen again...and it won't...the world has never seen anything like that again.

Upvote 0

By Faith Alone

Oct 17, 2013
✟10,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Luke 21 is very consistent with its Gentile-ward trend of this gospel and adds the reference ... "the times of the Gentiles" (verse 24) and adds to the fig tree "all the trees" (verse 29). It is instructed for us to watch the movements that will occur in the nation of Israel...AND ...to watch also the movements that will take place among the Gentiles.

The fig tree is in DIRECT reference to Israel and its NATIONAL privileges.

Upvote 0

TPeterY

But seek first the Kingdom of God....
Jan 16, 2014
✟1,583.00
Faith
Christian
This position is based on the error of futurism not understanding what "a coming of the Lord" is.

When you read the OT of the Lord "coming" it is in judgement. This is not as when Christ specifically says in John 14:1-3:
“Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me.
2 In My Father’s house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you.
3 If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also.

This is very different from when Jesus came in judgement on Jerusalem/Israel in 70 AD, as He stated in Matthew 24:29-31, when He said:
29 “But immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.
30 And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky with power and great glory.
31 And He will send forth His angels with a great trumpet and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other.

Jesus clearly said His coming was "A SIGN"! A sign of what??? IT WAS A SIGN of His judgement on Jerusalem/Israel!!! Jesus told them in Matthwe 23:37-39, that their house (temple), was left to them desolate...that happened in 70 AD.

THE SEVENTY WEEKS ARE OVER...but many are going to keep looking for the 70th week to happen...but IT WON'T!

Of course I know that many will oppose what I presented in this post...and that's ok!!! We will definitely know one way, or another. :thumbsup:

So now you're saying Jesus destroyed Jerusalem in 70 AD also?

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,923.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Not when you don't listen to what Jesus said! He's telling you what happened in 70 AD...would not happen again...and it won't...the world has never seen anything like that again.
eb, Jesus didn't say 70AD or 1500AD or 2000AD.

He didn't give a year, he gave a learn a parable of the fig tree.

Nothing happened in 70AD that would even come close to extinguishing all life on earth.

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
30 And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky with power and great glory.

That's what it was...in 70 AD...I've been saying that all the time...where you been?

Upvote 0

TPeterY

But seek first the Kingdom of God....
Jan 16, 2014
✟1,583.00
Faith
Christian

That's what it was...in 70 AD...I've been saying that all the time...where you been?

I've been laughing at all this in amusement. That's where.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
It's fine! I don't consider it a laughing matter though...especially since after Jesus speaks of that event happening...in Matthew 25 He gives 2 parables that clearly show the world continues after that...and at Matthew 25:31-33, He speaks of coming in judgment of the world. He no longer mentions the temple:
31 “But when the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on His glorious throne.
32 All the nations will be gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats;
33 and He will put the sheep on His right, and the goats on the left.

A lot of saints will be in for a rude awakening.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by TPeterY
GOD/Jesus used gentile armies in the OT to spank the OC Israelites.
Originally Posted by ebedmelech

I don't see anything amusing about it...

The Destruction of Jerusalem - George Peter Holford, 1805AD

The Destruction Of
JERUSALEM
An Absolute and Irresistible
PROOF OF THE DIVINE ORIGIN OF
CHRISTIANITY:
INCLUDING A NARRATIVE OF
THE CALAMITIES WHICH BEFEL THE JEWS
So far as they tend to verify
OUR LORD'S PREDICTIONS
Relative to that event

"I consider the Prophecy relative to the destruction of the Jewish nation,
if there were nothing else to support Christianity, as absolutely irresistible."
(Mr. Erskine's Speech, at the Trial of Williams, for publishing Paine's Age of Reason)

Proof that Matthew 24 was fully fulfilled in 70 AD!

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
GOD/Jesus used gentile armies in the OT to spank the OC Israelites.

I don't see anything amusing about it...

The Destruction of Jerusalem - George Peter Holford, 1805AD

The Destruction Of
JERUSALEM
An Absolute and Irresistible
PROOF OF THE DIVINE ORIGIN OF
CHRISTIANITY:
INCLUDING A NARRATIVE OF
THE CALAMITIES WHICH BEFEL THE JEWS
So far as they tend to verify
OUR LORD'S PREDICTIONS
Relative to that event

"I consider the Prophecy relative to the destruction of the Jewish nation,
if there were nothing else to support Christianity, as absolutely irresistible."
(Mr. Erskine's Speech, at the Trial of Williams, for publishing Paine's Age of Reason)

Proof that Matthew 24 was fully fulfilled in 70 AD!

Been gone--and haven't gotten caught up with all--but I am wondering--if Matthew 24 was fully fulfilled in 70 AD---Then are you saying that Christ already came??--I don't get it--He came with all of His angels, loudly, with every eye seeing Him and as "lightening that flashes out of the east and fills the sky to the western horizon"-(Jewish NT)--??--Than what are we still doing here?? 'Cause if He already came, then are you saying that all here now are the lost, we have been in the 1000 year rein?, except it's been 2000--I didn't read all the posts, maybe I missed something??

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

By Faith Alone

Oct 17, 2013
✟10,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Been gone--and haven't gotten caught up with all--but I am wondering--if Matthew 24 was fully fulfilled in 70 AD---Then are you saying that Christ already came??--I don't get it--He came with all of His angels, loudly, with every eye seeing Him and as "lightening that flashes out of the east and fills the sky to the western horizon"-(Jewish NT)--??--Than what are we still doing here?? 'Cause if He already came, then are you saying that all here now are the lost, we have been in the 1000 year rein?, except it's been 2000--I didn't read all the posts, maybe I missed something??

You are just as in awe as I am. Would do no good to show prophecies concerning Israel were suspended at Acts 28. Folks are so used to their way of thinking it cannot be changed come hell or high water.
I have a saying. If one hasn't changed their doctrinal position in years then they haven't learned anything in years.

There is one glaring factor that has not taken place that WILL happen at His return. Bear with me here.
Fallen angels necessitated the flood. "The sons of God went into the daughters of men".
Gen 6:12-13 And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for.... all flesh.... had corrupted his way upon the earth. And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

Daniel states this:
Dan 2:42-43
42 And as the toes of the feet were part of iron, and part of clay, so the kingdom shall be partly strong, and partly broken.
43 And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay...they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men....but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay.

That is the end of the times of the Gentiles and fallen angels erupt again.

Matt 24:37-38 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
They were cannibals and drinking blood.

And the return of Jesus:
Rev 11:18....and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

Matt 24:21-22 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

This site will not allow discussion on the ROOT of evil that started in the Garden of Eden.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

In 70 AD all the tribes of the earth saw the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky with power and great glory????

Upvote 0