• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Should I come clean to my husband?

Discussion in 'Requests for Christian Advice' started by Patti Pudding, Sep 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonathan Walkerin

Jonathan Walkerin Well-Known Member

+2,718
    Sweden
    Catholic
    Married
    That about sums up 80% of these forums.....

2. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+39,293
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Oh welcome back.

3. Jonathan Walkerin

Jonathan Walkerin Well-Known Member

+2,718
    Sweden
    Catholic
    Married
    Pleasure as always.

4. SkyWriting

SkyWriting The Librarian Supporter

+7,104
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    You should tell him. But the twins will actually be his. Millions get pregnancy help.
    The kids are theirs and belong to nobody else.

5. mama2one

mama2one Well-Known Member

+8,030
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    need to come clean, ASAP

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
  6. bèlla

bèlla ⭐️ Supporter

+12,673
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”1 John 1:9

Patti,

It would be better to tell the truth than live in fear of discovery. You won’t have a moment’s peace until you do. You may want to consider marriage counseling and discuss the problem with a professional beforehand. Your husband will need emotional support and it may be better to address it in a safe environment where his needs won’t be ignored.

Breaches of trust take time to heal. I’ve heard of similar situations and the couples worked through it. You have three people who need you and must consider their welfare going forward. Give your husband the time and consideration he requires to rebuild his trust.

Spend much time in prayer. Pray for your husband, marriage and children. Use Stormie Omartian’s books and read The Respect Dare. Do the exercises and check out The Peaceful Wife blog. You can’t salvage your marriage if you don’t respect him. That’s where you went astray and where the healing begins.

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

7. bèlla

bèlla ⭐️ Supporter

+12,673
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Some insurance plans include IVF treatments. Coverage is mandatory in some states. I’ve researched it in the past. :)

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

8. Michie

+39,293
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    :face palm: I guess we believe what we want. It’s a long complicated process with or without money or insurance. Keeping this IVF process secret from the husband would be quite the feat.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
  9. Lady Bug

Lady Bug Let's get real Supporter

+8,374
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    If you hadn't done this in secret I would definitely had said your husband was being unfair, even cruel perhaps. But this situation is a bummer. I have no idea how this will end.

10. Patti Pudding

Patti Pudding super cuteness FTW!

+0
    United States
    United Ch. of Christ
    Married
    US-Republican
    I'm thinking that telling him would be a bad idea on so many levels. For one, he could divorce me soon while I'm still pregnant, so his name wouldn't be on the twins' birth certificate. This would mean that I wouldn't get child support payments in the event of a divorce. There is also the fact that his feelings would get hurt, and I don't want to hurt his feelings. Best it be kept a secret to avoid so much potential conflict and harm.

11. mmksparbud

mmksparbud Well-Known Member

+6,589
    United States
    SDA
    Widowed
    US-Others
    Thee are tons of consent forms to sign. The partner has to sign them to, there are papers that are signed as to whom the parent is considered to be. This doesn't come across as being all that genuine. They have gotten very strict now due to cases of fraud, and cases that have ended up in court over not having proper consent forms signed by all parties involved. The husband has to sign unless there is a legal separation.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. Michie

+39,293
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Thank you.

13. Tropical Wilds

Tropical Wilds Lord, beer me strength...

+1,754
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    You should absolutely tell him. He deserves to know the type of person he married.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. Contrite Spirit

Contrite Spirit Kathy P

+32
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    Wow. You are worried about child support after becoming pregnant with another man's baby, and you expect the man that you betrayed to finance the results for the next 18 or so years--times two.

You obviously care nothing for his feelings. If you had considered his feelings in the beginning this would never have taken place.

And I seriously doubt that it DID take place.

Edited to add: Your question was whether you should come clean. The answer is yes. Then you need to fall on your face before the Lord God Almighty and beg for some kind of forgiveness and ability to face the consequences of your actions. The Lord will forgive through true repentance and trust in Jesus. You just don't sound repentant to me, though. You are wanting to add more lies to what you have already done.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. Macchiato

Macchiato Active Member

+298
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    This does seem like a troll thread. Very unbelievable.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  16. Redwingfan9

Redwingfan9 Well-Known Member

+1,502
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    I can't imagine a more outrageous thing in marriage outside of adultery. To go behind his back and get knocked up with another man's children, via expensive IVF is shocking. He would be wise to divorce you and get these kids declared not his. If you wanted kids, why didn't you just stop taking the pill?

Beyond all of that, have you spent a single second thinking about what you're doing to these kids? I suspect as you coveted children you never bothered to consider what you were doing to them. Their father is unknown, your husband will likely not want them. Even if he sticks around the odds of him not resenting thr kids is slim. You put yourself first, not those kids and when they figure it out as adults they'll hate you for it. That might sound harsh but it's true.

You must come clean to your husband. It would be beyond selfish (which you already are) not to tell him.

17. Redwingfan9

+1,502
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    Remind me why he should pay for children that aren't his, conceived via IVF he knew nothing about. Your entire attitude is shockingly self absorbed.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  18. Michie

+39,293
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    This is just post baiting imo. If I wanted this stuff, I’d take up soap operas. ;)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  19. Macchiato

Macchiato Active Member

+298
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Yeah the OP hasnt replied yet either.

20. Redwingfan9

+1,502
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    I'll grant there is a certain soap aspect to this. All we need now is for the babies to be switched at birth or something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.