Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'll grant there is a certain soap aspect to this. All we need now is for the babies to be switched at birth or something.
And an evil twin. Unbelievable. The stuff soap operas are made of.

Upvote 0

chilehed

Veteran
Jul 31, 2003
Michigan
✟236,715.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟378,031.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I always dreamed about having kids and being a mother. To me, being a mom seems like a really rewarding thing in life. Some women don't want kids and prefer to focus on their careers instead. But not me.

I've been married for 6 years now, and during this whole time my husband didn't want to have children. He has anxiety and stress problems, and he feels like it isn't the right time to have a family. But I'm in my early 30s, and having kids at my age is difficult. And it gets even more difficult the more I age. By 40 having a child naturally would be nearly impossible.

I became very impatient with my husband. I kept telling him I wanted a family, but he continually said we should wait longer. I was so tired of being put off that I decided to do something that, although it seemed right at first, has been bothering my conscience.

I clandestinely went to a reproductive clinic and told them I wanted to have children via IVF. I selected a sperm donor who is 6'3" and has blonde hair and blue eyes. I went through the treatments without my husband's knowledge or consent, and now I'm several months pregnant with twins.

My husband believes the unborn twin babies are his. Although he didn't really want a family, he seems mildly happy about my pregnancy. I'm definitely excited about becoming a mom, but part of me is worried that, after the kids are born, my husband will eventually find out they're not his babies, since they probably won't look like him. What if he divorces me? The prospect of that happening is frightening.

Part of me wants to keep it a secret. After all, I didn't commit actual adultery on my husband. I've been faithful to him during our entire marriage. If our children don't share his DNA, is there really any harm? Your parents are always the ones who raise you irrespective of genetic lineage. Again, I've been faithful to him during our entire marriage, so did I really do anything wrong? I think not.

Well I'm really torn over what I should do. Should I come clean and tell him that the twins aren't actually his? Or should I let this little white lie be kept a secret for the good of the family and for the good of my marriage?

I'm thinking that telling him would be a bad idea on so many levels. For one, he could divorce me soon while I'm still pregnant, so his name wouldn't be on the twins' birth certificate. This would mean that I wouldn't get child support payments in the event of a divorce. There is also the fact that his feelings would get hurt, and I don't want to hurt his feelings. Best it be kept a secret to avoid so much potential conflict and harm.
You're either being dishonest with him, or dishonest with us. Either way, repent of your lying post-haste. Lying is the devil's native language.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath
✟1,002,593.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
You should definitely be concerned if your husband is 5ft 2, black hair and the babies are born looking like the sperm donor!

To me, you have indeed cheated on your poor husband. I am disgusted to be honest.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Where is the dramatic organ music? :p

Will this do?

OIP.9ge2ImQTN3hHLdHlwUfzAwHaE7

Upvote 0

zippy2006

Dragonsworn
Nov 9, 2013
✟242,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I'm thinking that telling him would be a bad idea on so many levels. For one, he could divorce me soon while I'm still pregnant, so his name wouldn't be on the twins' birth certificate. This would mean that I wouldn't get child support payments in the event of a divorce. There is also the fact that his feelings would get hurt, and I don't want to hurt his feelings. Best it be kept a secret to avoid so much potential conflict and harm.

What is wrong with you? I have never witnessed selfishness and sin on such a level as this.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Where is the dramatic organ music? :p
My wife and I are watching Days of Our Lives right now. The stories are ridiculous. The nice thing is that we can both play on our phone and as long as we know the gist of the story the dialogue doesn't matter 95% of the time. In the last year 4-5 people have miraculously come back from the dead. It's hilariously ridiculous.

• Haha
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Remind me why he should pay for children that aren't his, conceived via IVF he knew nothing about. Your entire attitude is shockingly self absorbed.

Well her slogan / title is something like "Cuteness FTW" (For the Win). So I'm guessing she is attractive and cute, or at least role playing that for the forum.

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
Now come on guys be nice. the OP is on here looking for advice and yeah she messed up but she was in a tough position. Right now I'm more disgusted with the lot of you for calling her a troll if she's truly here asking for help. The poor woman really wanted children and I can understand that,.. but yeah you should really tell him the truth. It's for the best in the end for the whole entire situation and I'm sorry you've had to receive such negative feedback. :(

Upvote 0

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,586,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My wife and I are watching Days of Our Lives right now. The stories are ridiculous. The nice thing is that we can both play on our phone and as long as we know the gist of the story the dialogue doesn't matter 95% of the time. In the last year 4-5 people have miraculously come back from the dead. It's hilariously ridiculous.
Lol! So you are up on this game. :thumbsup:

Reactions: Redwingfan9
Upvote 0

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,586,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Now come on guys be nice. the OP is on here looking for advice and yeah she messed up but she was in a tough position. Right now I'm more disgusted with the lot of you for calling her a troll if she's truly here asking for help. The poor woman really wanted children and I can understand that,.. but yeah you should really tell him the truth. It's for the best in the end for the whole entire situation and I'm sorry you've had to receive such negative feedback. :(
Sorry April but if you knew about the protocol of IVF, you’d realize how ridiculous this scenario is. Just saying... :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.