Should Christian Anarchists attempt to hold a house church meeting?

Norman70

Nov 8, 2018
St Philip
✟69,802.00
Country
Barbados
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The suggestion here is that our final destination is belief in Jesus Christ as Lord of all creation. Well, that's fine, then I am already there, but man's inhumanity to man continues to exist, therefore I am more concerned, not about my own eternal salvation, (I have read the Gospel of St. John four times now, and it seems only to emphasize salvation in the next life, it has nothing to say about our salvation in this life, avoiding disease, accidents and wars). I believe we cannot have faith without works, and atheists do much good work, for which I admire them and thank them.
Why do we adhere to Christianity? Is it for eternal salvation alone, or are we going to allow the Holy Spirit within us to do good works in this world whilst we have the chance. I have to say that a lot of so-called Christians attend church but do nothing to help the poor and needy. Not all of them of course, just those Christian minded people we can find outside of any established church. Only they are bordering on Christian Anarchy, I think, and it is probably better they stay incognito, rather than meeting in a house church.

Upvote 0

Norman70

Nov 8, 2018
St Philip
✟69,802.00
Country
Barbados
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am trying to get my mind around what we mean about ourselves when we say we are Christian, rather than anything else.
To begin with, to be a Christian we must first believe in the supernatural. This is a spiritual world, it is where God exists and is totally a spiritual being, and He is the Creator of time and space in our world. As soon as we believe that, and that He created us in His image, we have to ask how do we relate to Him? As explained in the OT, He knew we would not relate to Him as God, but His simple plan was to come into our world as a real man, and then we could relate to Him through Jesus, who is God Himself. This is the Good News, and we do not have to worry too much about death, resurrection and eternal life. In all honesty, we do not know what happens to us when we die. Atheists say it will be the same as when we had not been conceived, we were not aware then of this world, so why should we want it after death? There is nothing to be afraid of about dying, it is going to happen to us all. Unless, of course, we believe in hellfire and damnation, but the Good News of Jesus addresses that as well. God (Jesus) only requires us to have faith in Him, then with the in-dwelling of the Holy Spirit we will do good works in this life. Many atheists do good works, probably more than a lot of so-called Christians, and they are not concerned about any afterlife.

Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Only they are bordering on Christian Anarchy, I think, and it is probably better they stay incognito, rather than meeting in a house church.

Something in this resonates with me, as I feel like a "freelancer" in the faith. I am bound to sound doctrine and submit to anyone in the faith who teaches it. The more of God's Word I sup on and chew, the more I know who to sit under and who to run from. However, in the setting of a church proper, the stagecraft and power structure corrupts it into something unsafe for me. I fall into seeing the pastor as Papa and start teacher-pleasing. Broken homes break people in some fundamental way that God does not always completely remove (like a thorn?)

I'm convinced the church as visible in various gatherings favors and suits certain types of personalities and makes life hell for others (who are expected to suck it up and let the extroverts have their BEST LIFE NOW).

Upvote 0